Author Topic: Keith Courage in Alpha Zones box?  (Read 868 times)

esteban

Re: Keith Courage in Alpha Zones box?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 06:48:01 AM »
My plan is to buy a cheap kids dvd with a white case and swap the cover for Wii Sports. That is, once I finally get around to buying some more ink...
PM sent :).
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 07:00:25 AM »
Nice Wii Sports cover, Black_Tiger. Did you write the description too?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 07:02:37 AM »
Nice Wii Sports cover, Black_Tiger. Did you write the description too?

Yeah, if by write you mean type out. I think its pretty much whats listed on the cardboard sleeve.  :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Joe Redifer

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 12:39:39 PM »
I have created tons of Genesis, 32X and SMS slip cases and even one for the Sega CD Back-Up RAM Cart which came in an odd-sized paper box.  I also have my Sonic & Knuckles in a real box now as well... with proper insert.  I usually do all of my work at 400dpi, though.  It's fun!

I am thinking that my uncle has a lot of those Disney-DVD white boxes that he wouldn't mind swapping out since he has kids.  Not sure if they have their heart set on those boxes remaining white or not.  I'll ask!

Black Tiger

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 12:45:01 PM »
I have created tons of Genesis, 32X and SMS slip cases and even one for the Sega CD Back-Up RAM Cart which came in an odd-sized paper box.  I also have my Sonic & Knuckles in a real box now as well... with proper insert.  I usually do all of my work at 400dpi, though.  It's fun!

I am thinking that my uncle has a lot of those Disney-DVD white boxes that he wouldn't mind swapping out since he has kids.  Not sure if they have their heart set on those boxes remaining white or not.  I'll ask!

Thats a good idea. If I ever piece back together a decent boxed Genesis collection with those awful cardboard boxes, I think I'll do the same thing. I hate all these deluxe sets for Xbox360 that don't include a real case for the actual game. After getting worked over with Oblivion and GoW, I think I'm just going to buy unlimited editions of new games from now on.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
I know what you mean.  At Christmas I asked for the Limited Edition of Castlevania Fruit of the Loom or whatever it's called for the DS (I can't keep track of all of the subtitles) and I was worried that it wouldn't come with a real box.  Fortunately for me it did.  I specifically asked for the Unlimited Edition of Gears of War because I knew that didn't come with the real box, and I didn't want the crappy box plus some other nonsense that I didn't care about.

GUTS

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 01:19:59 PM »
Those boxes are awful, I hate how every game now has to have a "special edition", its bullshit.  I bet the non-special editions of most games are going to hold their value better in the long run since you can't fit those damn SE boxes in most DVD racks.

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 01:43:39 PM »
The GoW tin is similar to the Akira dvd tin, which was equally useless. I wound up selling the LE Akira and later buying the regular version just so I could easily access the damn disc.

Keranu

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 01:58:08 PM »
That Akira tin case is so annoying.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 03:41:37 PM »
I've never seen these LE Akira things you speak of.  Is it literally a tin with a lid and the disc just flops around inside?  How lame!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »
Hey Black_Tiger, I noticed a couple of things that may delay you from playing Wii Sports:

-You gave it a Teen rating when it is actually E for Everyone.  Maybe yours has nudity?

-Open any real Wii game case.  It has the Wii logo inside.  You can't have a proper box if it doesn't have the Wii logo.  And if you don't have a proper box, you cannot play.

-A proper box wouldn't have "Superpcenginegrafx" over the bar code.  It'd be over the Wii logo instead.

esteban

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 11:54:47 PM »
Thats a good idea. If I ever piece back together a decent boxed Genesis collection with those awful cardboard boxes, I think I'll do the same thing.
To preserve cardboard boxes, I have laminated them. Of course, there is only one game in my library that is special enough to warrant this treatment: Black Hole Assault for Sega-CD. Now, no matter how many times I try to rip up the box or stomp it under my feet, it  will emerge unscathed.

For those of you who are predisposed to crimes of passion, I recommend lamination therapy.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 03:49:31 AM »
Pretty good cover Black_Tiger.  If anybody wants an authentic case to slide it into, head over to Nintendo's online store and pick one up for $1.50.  Here's another cover option for anybody interested: http://www.cdcovers.cc/view/257006/front/wiisports-vol-1-dvd.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 12:22:30 PM »
Quote from: Necromancer

If anybody wants an authentic case to slide it into, head over to Nintendo's online store and pick one up for $1.50.

I looked at Nintendo's online store and could not find Wii cases anywhere.  I would also be surprised if it were only $1.50 since they charge $2 for the precautions manual that nobody reads and other such things.

esteban

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 01:45:34 PM »
Black_Tiger: I sent out the package this morning :).

Quote from: Necromancer

If anybody wants an authentic case to slide it into, head over to Nintendo's online store and pick one up for $1.50.

I looked at Nintendo's online store and could not find Wii cases anywhere.  I would also be surprised if it were only $1.50 since they charge $2 for the precautions manual that nobody reads and other such things.
Well, they don't make it easy. You have to drill down:

Online store -> Wii -> Parts & accessories -> Wii Game Disc Case(s)

No price is listed until you drill down to the bottom, though. :)

And I don't know how much they charge for s/h, but at least they ship to Canada :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:47:13 PM by stevek666 »
  |    |