Author Topic: Games released on dual formats...  (Read 1855 times)

Keranu

Re: Games released on dual formats...
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 01:56:12 PM »
I'd still really like to see a PCE port of SSFII.
I'd really like to see a PCE port of SSFIIT :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »
I perfer SSF2 on Genesis over Snes. I also run my Genesis in s-video so thats prob why. When I ran the game on Snes in s-video it just still did not look as well as the genesis version to me. as far as champ edition goes,I like the Pc-Engine one the most,even over Snes SF2 Turbo version. That bootleg rom was cool,esp the SNK and Capcom sprites in it. it shows full screen and the sprites are large. Makes me really wish someone would port over Alpha to Genesis homebrew. If the meg size was large enough,it could def do it. Be neat if the same was done on Pc-Engine too.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »
Sega was always about "Mega Power" so there would be plenty of megs to do what needed to be done.  If not, I'd loan them a few.

Tatsujin

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2007, 04:11:55 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Line Scroll

Teh line scrollz on teh snesxorz r teh best!!!1!!

I don't think so.  I am a huge fan of line scrolls and have a Phd in line scrolls from Harvard.  There really isn't much difference in the line scrolls on the 3 versions of Street Fighter II (I refuse to put the apostrophe after the "II" because that is just gay).

1. IMO not true. when you compare the line scroll of the SFC to the one of the PCE version, you may find out, that when you walk to the end of each screen sides, the line scroll of the PCE version is slightly displaced. therefore a kind of perspective/parallax error appears. also i believe that the SFC line scroll uses a higher resolution, which let it appear smoother in generally. that why the sfc l1n3 5cr0llz rox0rz teh most!!

2. and why in name of god the "dash" apostrophe looks gay?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Keranu

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 05:19:13 PM »
I actually kinda love the apostrophe. Maybe I'm gay?
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2007, 05:22:15 PM »
I don't know why it looks gay, it just does.  Just another example of Japan anal-raping the English language, perhaps?  Kind of like capitalizing every letter except for the "i" in "Nights".  And the apostrophe certainly isn't a dash!  That makes it even more gay.  Keranu you are not gay since you refer to it as an apostrophe.

Anyway, line scrolling is exactly what it sounds like... scrolling lines.  Each line scrolls at a slightly different speed.  So unless the SNES floor is actually bigger than the PCE floor, then the "resolution" of the line scroll would be identical.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 05:24:26 PM by Joe Redifer »

Tatsujin

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2007, 05:37:43 PM »
Anyway, line scrolling is exactly what it sounds like... scrolling lines.  Each line scrolls at a slightly different speed. 
sorry, you didn't understod well what i wrote. whilein the sfc version the speed of each line is proportional to its perspective/parallax, in the pce version it's not, therefore you can see some gaps/stairs on the floormodel when you scroll to the screen end. can you follow me now?
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Keranu

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 06:07:51 PM »
I don't know why it looks gay, it just does.  Just another example of Japan anal-raping the English language, perhaps?  Kind of like capitalizing every letter except for the "i" in "Nights".  And the apostrophe certainly isn't a dash!  That makes it even more gay.  Keranu you are not gay since you refer to it as an apostrophe.
I know! Why on Earth do the Japanese pronounce it as "DASH" on the commercial!? WhaaaAAAaaaaaat in the hell is THAT supposed to mean!? :D

Maybe they added an apostrophe because they were intending to name it "Street Fighter II's PC Engine Hot Converting Fun Fun!"?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 07:15:55 PM »
They were gonna name it "Street Fighter II's da Phiggidy Phat Bomb Yo" but they ran out of time and had to stop typing.

Tatsujin, I think you're trying to say something like:

SNES
Line 1 scrolls at 3 pixels per second
Line 2 scrolls at 4 pixels per second
Line 3 scrolls at 5 pixels per second

PC Engine
Line 1 scrolls at 3 pixels per second
Line 2 scrolls at 4.5 pixels per second
Line 3 scrolls at 6 pixels per second

Result:  teh jaggyz

esteban

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2007, 11:23:57 PM »
SFII' > SFII- > SFII_

And that, my friends, is a mathematical fact.

Now, too bad they didn't go with something that was kooler, like: SFII+

Regardless, we should be grateful that they didn't entitle it SFII" (double dash!)
  |    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 02:05:58 AM »
Tatsujin, I think you're trying to say something like:
Result:  teh jaggyz
nope, sorry..still not exactly.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Black Tiger

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2007, 06:25:50 AM »

Anyway, line scrolling is exactly what it sounds like... scrolling lines.  Each line scrolls at a slightly different speed.  So unless the SNES floor is actually bigger than the PCE floor, then the "resolution" of the line scroll would be identical.

Its not an apostrophe, its a flamboyant dash. Hence the title 'Street Fighter II Dash' and the feeling of geyness you get from looking at it.  :wink:

SFII' > SFII- > SFII_

And that, my friends, is a mathematical fact.

Now, too bad they didn't go with something that was kooler, like: SFII+

Regardless, we should be grateful that they didn't entitle it SFII" (double dash!)

Actually, the japanese Megadrive version of the U.S. game "Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition" is titled "Street Fighter II' Plus" with the words Champion Edition kinda just floating around the package like the PCE version.  :P

Anyway, line scrolling is exactly what it sounds like... scrolling lines.  Each line scrolls at a slightly different speed. 
sorry, you didn't understod well what i wrote. whilein the sfc version the speed of each line is proportional to its perspective/parallax, in the pce version it's not, therefore you can see some gaps/stairs on the floormodel when you scroll to the screen end. can you follow me now?

Even if the PCE version's floor is slightly jaggier than the SFC version, its not anything that stands out or is jaggier than the rest of the on screen graphics.

But regardless, the graphics being scrolled in the first place are nicer/more colorful on the PCE version.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:42:57 AM by Black_Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 06:52:31 AM »

Its not an apostrophe, its a flamboyant dash. Hence the title 'Street Fighter II Dash' and the feeling of geyness you get from looking at it.  :wink:
That's it: the flamboyant dash. End of story. :)
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 11:13:29 AM »
If it were flamboyant it would be pink and be wearing leather chaps.  It is a hetero apostrophe that Japan used in an attempt to rape the English language because Japanese people aren't very smart. 

Keranu

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »
I think Joe's right.