Author Topic: Turbo Express/Pc engine question  (Read 599 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: Turbo Express/Pc engine question
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 05:28:47 AM »
I don't think he had to cut back,as I said,my son says he post often on the Neo forums,and this crappy comic buying has elevated him into a new level of ummm...well you'd call it dorkness,but I have alot of other terms,all much harsher.
My reply is to you wanting him to come back like he died or sumthin, I mean jesus,come on....

And yea,he did suck the sales up dry. Since last summer there has not been a huge slew of new members to sell mods to around here. Yet over at the Neo forums he still post Neo and Pc-Engine stuff for sale all the time. I checked that myself,and he still offers to do the mods. He constantly will have new customers over there because its a larger community and he has a cult there.

Around here he hasn't so much as posted to say "Hi, I'm alive my drones" to his fans here. Face it,he ditched you. Hes staying where the money is and where he can delete post and alter/ban accounts. Find someone new,like OSG or something and move on,or go over to the Neo-Geo forums if you want dean back so badly. Dean is the past around here.

He obviously didn't suck the money dry around here because tons of people still ask about him and ask where they can get the services he provided.
Yea right,thats complete bs. One or two guys a month wondering around here doesnt = "tons"

As for his ebay buying habits,that was pointed out to me by someone who collects comics,and had noticed these sucky comics going for crazy amounts. He gave me the link to some,I saw the name of the winner and knew it was Dean because of the Dragsy id. I had thought Dean has stopped buying or selling on ebay until the comic buying habit was pointed out. When you deal with arcade hardware often you tend to know of other dealers and buyers ebay id names and who they are. I also know of kurtz,and KPJs,and a few others because I have outbid them on hardware at one time or another. KPJ is the most current vile piece of crap reseller on ebay these days with his consolized units.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 05:42:46 AM by Michael Helgeson »

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 06:26:19 AM »
...........In the end how you spend your money is up to you,but honestly I think you would be extremely happy with a nice Duo-r playing it in composite anyway either way it goes. You should try it in composite first,then if you feel you must have a better signal,then have it modded.

He was looking for a region mod or a way to play all the games, not a video mod.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 06:29:46 AM »
His prices for decks and games were some of the best around and I got a great deal on Rainbow Isles and number of other games through him. 
Goddammit, you were the bastard who got Rainbow Isles? You beat me to it! Goddam! Sell it to me, now, goddammit.

Goddam. :)
  |    | 

grahf

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 07:59:06 AM »
Ive region modded 3 TurboExpresses. No switch to select region mind you, just jumpered all the pins to turn them into GTs. If anyone on the forums here needs it done let me know.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 08:23:59 AM »
I bet OSG would prob do the region switch too. I guess I assumed this guy would want a video mod too with the region mod because Dean does it in a package. Either way its time people stopped putting all their eggs in one basket,as in relying on Dean to do everything,when he does not even come around here anymore.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:49:38 AM by Michael Helgeson »

Black Tiger

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 12:47:18 PM »
I bet OSG would prob do the region switch too. I guess I assumed this guy would want a video mod too with the region mod because Dean does it in a package. Either way its time people stopped putting all their eggs in one basket,as in relying on Dean to do everything,when he does not even come around here anymore.

When talking to the OSG guy in the past, he was pretty much only interested in doing the mods listed on his site. Which means only composite out and no region mod for Turbografx-16.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 03:47:05 PM »

When talking to the OSG guy in the past, he was pretty much only interested in doing the mods listed on his site. Which means only composite out and no region mod for Turbografx-16.

It would be worth asking again. People change their mind all the time.

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 06:47:27 AM »

It would be worth asking again. People change their mind all the time.

I guess I can try again in the future, but he made a point of flat out ignoring my SMS pause button mod question when I e-mailed him about a a couple things some time after my initial Turbo mod questions.

The way he put it, was that although he may learn more mods in the future, he wouldn't do any that weren't already listed on his site.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:49:36 AM by Black_Tiger »