Author Topic: Wireless PC Engine Pad on TG16  (Read 668 times)

kstyle251

Wireless PC Engine Pad on TG16
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:22:30 PM »
I was just wondering if the wireless pads for the pc engine work for the TG16

thanks

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Wireless PC Engine Pad on TG16
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:40:22 AM »
No and yes.  The connectors are different (din-8 on TG16 and mini din-8 on PC Engine), but with a converter they should work.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 04:30:18 AM »
But they're still infrared will not work on the TG-16 as often they don't for the PC Engine.  :wink:

They're mainly only good for RPG's and such.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »
Huh?  I've had mine for years and never had a problem with them working (as long as batteries were fresh).  Did you get too excited, move around too much, and not keep it pointed at the receiver?   :?

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 06:53:41 AM »
Thats just it, you have to keep them pointed at the receiver. If you happen to angle the pad the wrong way for a moment you get nailed with a dragon punch.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 09:54:26 AM »
Gotchya - I guess that I must not move my hands very much, as I've seldom had any problems.  Since I use an Avenue Pad 6 for fighting games, that probably explains it.  Most other games don't have such critical timing and a split second of lost connection isn't so critical.

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:10:34 AM »
Gotchya - I guess that I must not move my hands very much, as I've seldom had any problems.  Since I use an Avenue Pad 6 for fighting games, that probably explains it.  Most other games don't have such critical timing and a split second of lost connection isn't so critical.

I also remember losing the signal for a second here and there in shooters and dying because of it. I got a lot of use out of my Genesis wireless pads back in the day, while blazing through Sega-CD RPGs. That was the driving motivation for me to track down the PCE wireless pads.

Jinzouki

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 04:02:31 PM »
I've been wanting to buy one but they usually go up so expensive on ebay. A long time ago Messiah wanted to support other systems with new controllers besides the NES and SNES. I talked to a guy working there and he said that they would consider making new Turbo Grafx/Turbo Duo wireless pads (like their NES and SNES ones) but only like if it had the support of about 1,000 people. I made a petition trying to get signatures ever since but they have since then dropped the links to the other controllers they were going to make. Dunno if they are still making them but they were going to remake the Genesis ones. Turbo Grafx/Duo ones woud've been so cool. Here's the petition just in case anyone's interested:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/TurboDuoWireless

Perhaps if it CAN get up to 1,000 signatures I can email it to Messiah and they can consider making them

TR0N

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 06:16:30 PM »
Sign it that would make it easier for me if messiah did that.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 02:38:38 AM »
I signed the petition a while back, and it's kinda sad that it's only up to 35 sigs.  I figured that the TG / PCE folks would give more support.  I wonder how many NES units Messiah has been able to move.

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 08:09:30 AM »
I love Keranu's enthusiatic endorsement on the petition.  :lol:

Keranu

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 11:27:35 AM »
I love Keranu's enthusiatic endorsement on the petition.  :lol:
Haha, I just reread my comment on that petition last night and was thinking "Jee, I hope that doesn't make people think I don't care about this!". Honestly, I would really love to see Messiah make wireless pads for the Turbo!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Jinzouki

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »
I think at least 500 would spark some support, lately some of their products have the "Limited Edition" subtitle so I bet there won't bee too many so I guess they "could" consider at least 500 signatures to make a limited editon Turbo wireless pad. At least its up a few signatures since a long time, thanks guys :dance:

2X4

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 01:44:47 AM »
Maybe Keranu could pull some strings and get a link to your petition on the main page of this site . . . ?
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Jinzouki

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 05:55:30 AM »
That'd be cool :D That could get tons of signatures, maybe even hit the 500 signature mark.