Author Topic: Moto Roader  (Read 302 times)

MotoRoaderMike

Moto Roader
« on: February 17, 2007, 07:11:42 AM »
Well, one of the two TG16 titles I bought for my Wii Virtual Console so far was this game. Overall, it's a fairly decent racing game, but the cars move REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

And I needed to read an FAQ in order to figure out how to change the controls. Sadly though, I think this is the best part of the whole game:

It would be cool if there were hentai and ecchi featuring this (these) girl(s), or some fanart on deviantART or Sheezyart of them/her. Imagine if whatever driver wins gets to have sex with her (one of them if they're two different girls and not the same) after the race. That would make the win worth it.  8)

Anyways, on a scale of 1 to 5, I give it 3 and a half. I suppose the game is entertaining if you can force it upon yourself, but the best part sadly is the scantily clad blonde girl(s), and you'd probably have more fun spanking your monkey over her/them instead of actually playing the game. But it's only 600 Wii Points at the Wii Virtual Store, so I guess it's worth purchasing if you got some extra dough in your bank account to burn or something.

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Black Tiger

Re: Moto Roader
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 08:11:57 AM »
Imagine if whatever driver wins gets to have sex with her
  :lol:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 08:16:13 AM »

What's so funny about that?

sunteam_paul

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Uh......O..K....
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 09:09:07 AM »
Moto Roader is a game that can only really be appreciated when playing with at least two other people :D . After you invite a few buddies and you all learn the controls, it's actually a real blast to play and is enjoyable for hours. You can increase the speed of your car by purchasing new engines and if I recall, some of the more expensive engines go rather fast.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Odonadon

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »
Ignoring the part about having sex with the girls if you win the race..... yeah the cars definitely get faster as you go through and upgrade your Engine.  Hang in there :)

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 03:59:18 PM »

Its like people who call the rare opportunity to have sex with another human being, getting "lucky".  :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 04:55:26 PM »

Its like people who call the rare opportunity to have sex with another human being, getting "lucky".  :wink:

Errr, okay.

PhilBiker

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 05:20:25 AM »
One of my favorite titles from back in the day....

This game is excruciating in one player mode.  I don't know if it's the case, but it appears that the computer players make more money and buy more stuff than they possibly should based on how much money you're supposed to earn at the end of the race.  Start with the 2400 engine or you're toast.  Also, the computer players never run out of gas or need to gas up.
Moto Roader is a game that can only really be appreciated when playing with at least two other people
ABSOLUTELY!!!  With 5 players the game is one of the most fun video games I have ever played.  Bombing and grenading your friends....  awesome.   Also, when you run out of gas you get right in on the next heat, and even get money despite the DNF!  Alone... so-so. 

I'm trying to get back into it because it's a really great game, but it's so frustrating, by the second race, all the computers are orders of magnitude faster than you are no matter what you do.  It seems that there is no rhyme or reason to their use of bombs and greanades, which is a good thing, and they never buy tires or brakes, causing them to wipe out a lot as things get faster.

GREAT music also.  I remember going on a backpacking trip once and we would hum the motoroader tunes as we hiked.

Corridor is my favorite world.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 05:26:02 AM by PhilBiker »
Wonk-wonk-wonk.  Where are your true friends at times like this?  Right here!  Wonk-wonk-wonk.