Author Topic: Neo Geo and MSX for VC !  (Read 1141 times)

Keranu

Re: Neo Geo and MSX for VC !
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »
I appreciate SNK's starting Neo Geo choices for the VC since each game is the beginning to three popular franchises and early Neo Geo games at that, but I don't think they're a good decision for appeal. There are plenty of fighting games for the Neo Geo as we all know and I think it would be best for SNK to try to offer a non-fighting game when they can so people who aren't into the genre can enjoy Neo Geo games. My starting choice would be something like Magician Lord, Nam 1975, and maybe Fatal Fury since they're all different genres and early Neo Geo games and pretty good games at that (with the exception of Fatal Fury, but it wouldn't feel right to release a later FF game after the first).
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 06:23:03 PM »
I appreciate SNK's starting Neo Geo choices for the VC since each game is the beginning to three popular franchises and early Neo Geo games at that, but I don't think they're a good decision for appeal. There are plenty of fighting games for the Neo Geo as we all know and I think it would be best for SNK to try to offer a non-fighting game when they can so people who aren't into the genre can enjoy Neo Geo games. My starting choice would be something like Magician Lord, Nam 1975, and maybe Fatal Fury since they're all different genres and early Neo Geo games and pretty good games at that (with the exception of Fatal Fury, but it wouldn't feel right to release a later FF game after the first).
Agreed even Nam 1975 would be a good starter choice as well.

Me thinks snkp thought it would be better if they used FF,WH and AOF for that mass appeal.

Still i find it odd...since the world heros and the aof serise has had more of a cult following among it's fans.

Also that's why i suggested,Fatal Fury Special that's when the serise starts to get good by that point.

Dunno i won't be surpise if they stick to releaseing the good titles for last.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
I'm slightly annoyed with the initial neogeo games. Plays right into the 'for fighting game fans only' stereotype. There are quite a few good puzzle games for the Neo Geo that would have made good additions. Heck, even a Metal Slug game would have been nice.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

nat

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 11:04:27 AM »
I wonder if they are going to release the Metal Slug games on the Virtual Console considering you can buy the entire series on a single Wii disc anyway?

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
I wonder if they are going to release the Metal Slug games on the Virtual Console considering you can buy the entire series on a single Wii disc anyway?
Probably, just so they can milk as much money as they can.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 04:37:38 PM »
Yeah it's there is the MSA for the Wii not much point for snkp to do so.

Unless,they emulate it for the vc to suport the classic controller some thing that the msa lack  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »
It would funny and cool if they did  :)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 05:06:10 PM »
So how is the Neo Geo emulation on the Wii?

I think the Xbox 360 is starting to see Neo Geo games as well.  Of course they will cost less on XBLA ($5 vs $9) and have online play and achievements so it'd be best to get the Wii version since I'm stupid.

nat

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 05:35:34 PM »
I was going to download Magician Lord and try it out but I haven't done it yet.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »
Well, how about now?  Have you done it yet?  You have spikey hair, so there's no excuse!

nat

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 04:53:14 PM »
I'll do it tomorrow after work and let you know. I was too busy today.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 06:32:11 PM »
OK, but if I die in a traffic accident before then, you'll have to live with the thought that you didn't act fast enough to satiate my curiosity, and that will thought haunt you forever.

nat

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
I've let you down, Joe. I haven't yet had a chance to download and play Magician Lord for the VC.

Since I know you're losing sleep over this, I just wanted you to know that I do still intend to try it out.... tomorrow.  :D

Joe Redifer

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 08:59:14 PM »
I played it tonight.  Seems to be emulated well, though it looks exceedingly blocky.

Keranu

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 08:43:01 AM »
I played it tonight.  Seems to be emulated well, though it looks exceedingly blocky.
Did you go against your post and actually purchase it? :P