Author Topic: Can't remember a game name, help!  (Read 1428 times)

Melchior00

Can't remember a game name, help!
« on: March 01, 2007, 06:38:38 AM »
I am desesperatly searching a game that I once played on the Turbo grafx-16.

It was something like 12 years ago and I only played 1 time ! since the guy moved few days after..

The game was a 3d rpg - action game quite like zelda (not a scroller). The game visual graphics were much more realistic-mature looking than zelda or neutopia (something near castlevania). The only game sequence I can remember was playing in a dongeon room and fighting against a women-serpent boss who was throwing fire balls. I can't hardly remember if the boss hp bar was displayed but I think it was. At that time, I didn't knew anything about he's black game system. 90% certain that it was Turbo grafx 16. The game was stored on a card not a cd.

Thx alot for the investigation!  :P

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't remember a game name, help!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 08:01:27 AM »
Sorry - I'm not sure what game you are talking about.  If you're looking for an action rpg like Zelda, then the choices are pretty limited.  You already shot down Neutopia (and likely Neutopia II) for cartoony art - if I understand 'more realistic - mature looking' correctly.  Perhaps you're looking for Dungeon Explorer.  It's an overhead action game similar to Zelda, but is pretty light on the RPG side.  I seriously doubt that you are thinking of Order of the Griffon, as that is as far from Zelda as a RPG can get.  Go to www.pcecp.com and try looking up some of these to see if they look familiar.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 08:26:44 AM »
It really does sound like Dungeon Explorer.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 08:27:51 AM »
Was it 3D like isometric 3D or do you mean into-the-screen 3D like Dungeon Master?
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Melchior00

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »
Its was not a first person rpg like dungeon master. And its was not a 2d scroller like mario. Yes I tried dungeon explorer but I am not quite sure about this one. The blue stats screen at bottom tells me nothing.. :-k The game I played was showing the player and enemy hp bar alot like Ys serie. I can remember that the game was stored in a card.

Thx alot guys
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 08:48:16 AM by Melchior00 »

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:43:15 AM »
Order of the Griffon?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rolins

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 12:59:19 PM »
At that time, I didn't knew anything about he's black game system. 90% certain that it was Turbo grafx 16. The game was stored on a card not a cd.

So you're 90% sure it was a TG16, huh? Right now, I can't think of any 3D rpg for the TG16 other than Order of the Griffon and Double Dungeons. Maybe your memory is hazy, perhaps it was a SMS you were playing. That system did have games on cards that looked similar to the Turbochip.

ccovell

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 01:40:44 PM »
It sounds a little bit like Cadash (though that's a side-scroller, it is very RPG-ish).

Are you sure it's on the U.S. Turbografx-16?  A more Zelda-ish game on the PC-Engine would be Valkyrie no Densetsu.

Melchior00

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »
So you're 90% sure it was a TG16, huh? Right now, I can't think of any 3D rpg for the TG16 other than Order of the Griffon and Double Dungeons. Maybe your memory is hazy, perhaps it was a SMS you were playing.

Yep, its a possibility, Its really hard to remember clearly, we played meaby.. 15 min.  :roll: SMS look unfamiliar to me but let's assume it was the good system. I'll do a research on this system too,

Black Tiger

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 03:01:25 PM »
I am desesperatly searching a game that I once played on the Turbo grafx-16.

It was something like 12 years ago and I only played 1 time ! since the guy moved few days after..

The game was a 3d rpg - action game quite like zelda (not a scroller). The game visual graphics were much more realistic-mature looking than zelda or neutopia (something near castlevania). The only game sequence I can remember was playing in a dongeon room and fighting against a women-serpent boss who was throwing fire balls. I can't hardly remember if the boss hp bar was displayed but I think it was. At that time, I didn't knew anything about he's black game system. 90% certain that it was Turbo grafx 16. The game was stored on a card not a cd.

Thx alot for the investigation!  :P

Did you have access to PC Engine games/was it definitely a U.S. title?

If it was a U.S. game, do you think it might be Night Creatures?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Joe Redifer

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 05:18:25 PM »
Sounds like Phantasy Star on the SMS.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 05:20:09 PM by Joe Redifer »

termis

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 05:26:49 PM »
^^ I was thinking the same - maybe the woman serpent boss is this Medusa here?

nodtveidt

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 09:43:47 PM »
Remember, he said an ACTION RPG. Phantasy Star is not an action RPG.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 11:20:27 PM »
Maybe he is just confused,and in the process confused us even more. I have no recolection of any US released title on TG that was like what he was talking about,unless there was a Medussa on Neutopia...

nodtveidt

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 12:02:46 AM »
There's a Medusa at the top of the Twin Towers in Neutopia II that shoots fireballs.