Author Topic: Can't remember a game name, help!  (Read 1426 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Can't remember a game name, help!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Friggin Randar looks like Lolo to me.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 08:22:34 PM »
Yeah, but, Golvellius is partly side scrolling. :-k

FM-77

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 01:20:15 AM »
Crusader of Centy does not scroll from screen to screen. It has wide open areas. :roll:

Melchior00

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 02:54:35 AM »
thx for the help so far,

It's strange, Crusader of Centy graphics look familiar to me. Visualy, the game was looking very good. But I really doubt that the game I played was on a sega system. At that time, I had a n64 and a snes system and one of my friend had a sega genesis system. So, I knew both nintendo and sega products. When I came in his house and saw the game console of that guy, I couldn't put a name on it at the fist sight. + i remember the little red sun logo.

So I am pretty sure it was a turbo grafx 16. Meaby it was not a ''rpg'' meaby it was a ''action/adventure'' game. Like zeldas, alundras and stuff. Any overhead action/adventure game with dungeons and boss throwing fire balls (not obligatory women-serpent, simple women, or serpent ? very hard to remember sry..). Player and boss hp bar was displayed. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 04:05:26 AM by Melchior00 »

Keranu

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 03:53:17 AM »
Friggin Randar looks like Lolo to me.
Hahaha!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 06:14:22 AM »
Are you sure it wasn't Ys and you just thought it was a card because he had the super system card in his system?

Keranu

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 06:24:59 AM »
By the way, Melchoir00, you mentioned it wasn't Exile because Exile had side-scrolling scenes. Are you sure you just weren't confused with the overhead scenes in Exile for towns?

Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Melchior00

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 08:15:26 AM »
By the way, Melchoir00, you mentioned it wasn't Exile because Exile had side-scrolling scenes. Are you sure you just weren't confused with the overhead scenes in Exile for towns?

Only thing I remember is the fight against that boss since we both tried to kill it without sucess. I remember that the fireballs could move freely , overhead view as much as us. I think fireballs were also homing a little bit.   

Are you sure it wasn't Ys and you just thought it was a card because he had the super system card in his system?

Mmm, do you mean that in order to play Tbgfx-16 cds you also need a special Ucard ? This could mean that Ys is the game, even if I didn't saw any disc manipulated. :idea:

Theres a medusa or something similar throwing fire balls in Ys ?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 11:46:41 AM by Melchior00 »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »
Quote from: Seldane

Crusader of Centy does not scroll from screen to screen. It has wide open areas. :roll:

I've never played it before... just heard it compared to Zelda endlessly.

Oh, and :roll: yourself!  Have a little :dance: while you're at it and also some #-o
That'll teach you to mess with me!

FM-77

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »
Hey, misinformation mustn't be spread about my favorite game, regardless of how minor it might be. :wink:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 12:12:31 PM »
Well that's good to know that it's someone's favorite game, so it can't be horrible or anything.  I really want that game.  But it's going for around $60 or more complete (with giant book).  It's tempting.

FM-77

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 12:35:09 PM »
The PAL version is a bit cheaper, and has a cleaned-up script (the american version is littered with typos and poorly structured sentences). Must be booted in 50Hz, however.

nodtveidt

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 01:09:26 PM »
Only thing I remember is the fight against that boss since we both tried to kill it without sucess. I remember that the fireballs could move freely , overhead view as much as us. I think fireballs were also homing a little bit.
Then it was neither Exile nor Ys. Neither game has such a scene. Exile has fireball-tossing beatches but they're late in the game, and it's side-scrolling anyways. Ys has a boss that tosses homing-type projectiles at you, but this is about 2 hours into the game (in the Tower Of Darm, that silly Mantis-like boss).

Interestingly enough, although you stated that it's not Neutopia, the first boss (easily reachable within 20 minutes) spits fireballs with minor homing ability. However, it's a dragon, not a medusa or any other kind of recognizable female adversary.

Keep brainstorming, people...we can figure this out. :D

Melchior00

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 01:15:57 PM »
Hey Guys! I just found a game looking alot like the game I am searching : Xak

EDIT: I didn't found any info about the us version, still looking..

EDIT: ...This serie didn't made it to us and europe ? :\

termis

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 01:16:32 PM »
Neutopia III.

I give up  ](*,)