Author Topic: FA: Super Grafx system with all 5 games  (Read 422 times)

Valmain

FA: Super Grafx system with all 5 games
« on: March 20, 2007, 03:51:55 PM »
I just put this up for auction, so feel free to take a look at it. If anyone from this forum purchases it for the Buy it Now price, I'll give a $50 discount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260099511932

nat

Re: FA: Super Grafx system with all 5 games
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 03:59:35 PM »
BIN is $500.. So $450 for a member of this forum?

That's a bit steep if you ask me. I got my SGX a while back for $60 and probably spent about $130 on top of that for all the games pictured plus Darius Plus, but I bought everything individually over a period of time.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 02:23:54 PM »

That's a bit steep if you ask me. I got my SGX a while back for $60 and probably spent about $130 on top of that for all the games pictured plus Darius Plus, but I bought everything individually over a period of time.

Just because you lucked out with some extraordinary good deals doesn't mean that anyone offering items for more has steep prices.

1941 alone goes for more than $130 and $100 is a great deal for a complete 'loose' Super Grafx system and you'd probably have to pay at least $200 for a good condition system boxed(not necessarily with all docs).

Sounds like a good deal to me, especially the $300 minimum bid that the system alone could sell for in that condition/completeness.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Valmain

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 03:11:52 PM »
It was hard to judge what a market price would be for such a set, since these things rarely come up any more. I tried to pick a price where I felt like I was getting a fair price, but that people could recognize as a decent deal. Even here in Japan the prices for these are all over the charts, when you can find them, that is.

nat

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 05:20:44 PM »

Just because you lucked out with some extraordinary good deals doesn't mean that anyone offering items for more has steep prices.

No, but $190 -> $450/$500 is quite a jump. Although I will admit my SGX didn't come in it's original box, I'm not sure that'd be enough for me to shell out an additional $310.

Good deals are not too incredibly difficult to come by if you have a little patience. And avoid eBay.  :D

Hey, I'm not putting the guy down. I don't know him from Adam, and I'm actually fairly sure there will be SOMEONE out there on eBay who will buy his set eventually at that price.

But I thought I'd mention for any members actually looking for a SuperGrafx right now that particular set is definitely at the high end of the spectrum when it comes to price.

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 04:55:59 AM »
I'd just like to comment that I too thought that was a bit overpriced. I usually don't see Super Grafx go over $300 and less than $100.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »

No, but $190 -> $450/$500 is quite a jump. Although I will admit my SGX didn't come in it's original box, I'm not sure that'd be enough for me to shell out an additional $310.

Good deals are not too incredibly difficult to come by if you have a little patience. And avoid eBay.  :D

Hey, I'm not putting the guy down. I don't know him from Adam, and I'm actually fairly sure there will be SOMEONE out there on eBay who will buy his set eventually at that price.

But I thought I'd mention for any members actually looking for a SuperGrafx right now that particular set is definitely at the high end of the spectrum when it comes to price.

$3 - $1200 is an even bigger jump. But just because I bought Turbo Magical Chase brand new sealed for less than the average selling price, it doesn't mean that everyone else should hold out for the same.

But if you know where to look, then can you keep an eye out for me for a complete 1941 for under $50?  :)

Also, just because there are some items on eBay that have high asking prices, it doesn't change the fact that its the best place in the world for great deals... if you have a little patience.  :wink:

I couldn't bid at the last minute on a boxed complete PCE LT the other day, and was slightly outbid at $400. Which is the same price as or less as they go for loose.

You guys like me may be happy with a game in a case(no sleeve or mail away cards or spine, etc...) or even loose HuCards and a working system that has enough hookups(not necessailly all original)to play games.

But collectibles like video games demand premium prices when they're truly complete and get up to near mint+ condition.

This particular auction wouldn't be nearly as valuable if the games were missing the cardboard sleeves and the boxed system didn't have the manual and plastic sleeves. And most other sellers would market it as "NEW!".

The collectible market is different from the functional electronics market and mint/complete items sell for way more than the same items that you wouldn't realize aren't completely complete or quite as minty fresh without close inspection.

You might not want people to have to pay premium prices for premium collectibles, but the people who do aren't simply buying something to play and are the ones that keep collectible prices where they are.

Trust me, this auction is far from the high end of the spectrum when it comes to price.

But there are still lots of great deals out there on incomplete or loose items.

I'd just like to comment that I too thought that was a bit overpriced. I usually don't see Super Grafx go over $300 and less than $100.

Yeah, but how often do you see nearmint/completely complete/"NEW!" Super Grafx system anywhere?

Look at the different in price between a loose functional TG-16 and a completely complete boxed "like new!/BRAND NEW!!!" TG-16.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:54:33 PM by Black_Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 04:31:02 PM »
Whoops, I didn't notice that auction came with all five games. Nevermind, that's a pretty good deal then!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 05:20:20 PM »

But if you know where to look, then can you keep an eye out for me for a complete 1941 for under $50?  :)

Sure. Actually, I can almost guarantee this for you. I have a friend in Japan who frequents Akihabara and always lets me know when he finds exceptional deals.

By 'complete' do you care about the cardboard sleeve? That might be a deciding factor in the end price... Me, I don't care about such things: as long as it has the original jewel case and manual I'm good and it's 'complete' in my book.