Author Topic: NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!  (Read 2521 times)

Keranu

NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:39:20 PM »
NiGHTS is finally back after an overdue dream! http://www.1pstart.com/nights-confirmed-for-wii/
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Zeta-Gouki

Re: NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:53:24 PM »
Time for me to buy a Wii. :)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:48:18 PM »
This isn't 90's Sonic Team though, this is MODERN-DAY Sonic Team. IE: Sonic 360, Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Heroes, I can go on and on...

If they somehow manage to NOT f*ck this up, then we will be experiencing a MIRACLE.

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 03:04:27 PM »
There is a big difference between a hugely popular mascot and a video game that hasn't gotten a sequel within a decade. When you have a character as popular as Sonic, it's easy to whore him out to make as much money as possible. I don't think this will be the case for NiGHTS, but we'll see.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 03:13:05 PM »
Yeah, this is definitely a "wait and see" game.  I wish we could have a version with some nice grafx though.  Wii's grafx are sooooo 2001.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 03:15:50 PM »
Yeah, and I'd actually like to play with a gamepad. Let's hope it comes to 360 if it's good.

If it sucks, SEGA, f*ck YOU.

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 03:18:47 PM »
Yeah, this is definitely a "wait and see" game.  I wish we could have a version with some nice grafx though.  Wii's grafx are sooooo 2001.
If the graphics are anything like the Sonic game for Wii, I think they'll turn out nicely.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 03:22:18 PM »
I hope the gameplay isn't anything like Sonic for the Wii or equivalent!

Kitsunexus

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 03:23:47 PM »
Ditto, that was a disapointment. I'm starting to see past the Wii's novelty...

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 03:26:27 PM »
I thought Sonic for Wii was decent. The whole style to it was mega gay as usual, but compared to the previous recent Sonic games, it's a big improvement. I think the new control scheme for Sonic on Wii worked out quite well.

But this ain't Sonic, damn it, WE TALKIN' BOUT NiGHTS INTO DREAMZZZ HERE!

Kitsunexus

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 03:27:53 PM »
Yeah we're talking about a game that is very dear to me and holds my regards for SEGA in general in it's hands.

Let me reiterate: SEGA, DON'T f*ck THIS UP.

Keranu

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 03:34:11 PM »
I completely agree.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 03:43:02 PM »
Oh and while I'm thinking, June Senoue/Crush 40/Wavemaster, I love your music but stay the HELL away from NiGHTS 2. It just would NOT fit.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 04:49:40 PM »
I think NiGHTS would be okay on the Wii, if it controls similar to the original.  All you did in the original was just move the control pad in circles anyways!

Keranu

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »
I think NiGHTS would be okay on the Wii, if it controls similar to the original.  All you did in the original was just move the control pad in circles anyways!
Before this game was confirmed, a lot of people were saying how perfect the Wiimote would be for NiGHTS. Not that I wouldn't want to see NiGHTS on Wii, but I don't quite see what would make the Wiimote so special for NiGHTS since you just moved in circles like you said. I guess using the Wiimote as a pencil or something to sketch circles would be kinda cooler.