Author Topic: NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!  (Read 2528 times)

TR0N

Re: NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 07:00:52 PM »
Yeah i've seen that so called europe mag says it's official.

I hope it's real and not a april fools joke  :roll:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 03:35:30 PM by Tron »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 07:08:20 PM »
Quote from: that one guy with a tongue twisting name

Oh and while I'm thinking, June Senoue/Crush 40/Wavemaster, I love your music but stay the HELL away from NiGHTS 2. It just would NOT fit.

I hope Rob Zombie does the music.  "Dragula" is in a lot of games already.  But it should be in EVERY game.  Whatever the case, I hope they license some music to put in there.  Licensed music is the way to go!  Look at EA games.  Ever notice how great EA is?  They would never dream of hiring a musician.  Even Sonic Wii tries to imitate licensed music by creating horrible, unlistenable music themselves.

FM-77

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 02:34:18 AM »
I hated the original Nights a lot (easily the worst Saturn game I've played) and I will never even give this game a chance.

What's the big deal? Why does everybody love Nights? Crazy!

Yeah i've seen that so called europe mag says it's offiicial.

It's not a "so called" magazine. It's a real magazine, and the only one I actually read. It's free too, and can even be downloaded in PDF form from their website. This particular issue will be out april 10th, and you can download it then to see for yourself.

http://www.gamereactor.se/tidningen/pdf/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 02:39:56 AM by Seldane »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 03:57:38 AM »
Quote from: that one guy with a tongue twisting name

Oh and while I'm thinking, June Senoue/Crush 40/Wavemaster, I love your music but stay the HELL away from NiGHTS 2. It just would NOT fit.

I hope Rob Zombie does the music.  "Dragula" is in a lot of games already.  But it should be in EVERY game.  Whatever the case, I hope they license some music to put in there.  Licensed music is the way to go!  Look at EA games.  Ever notice how great EA is?  They would never dream of hiring a musician.  Even Sonic Wii tries to imitate licensed music by creating horrible, unlistenable music themselves.

I sincerely hope you're kidding. The original's amazing score by Fumie Kunatami, Tomoko Sasaki and Naofumi Hataya was AMAZING (My favorite track in the entire game: http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/627/14).

Here's hoping THEY do the soundtrack again.

And Seldane, man, go back to troll school...

sunteam_paul

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 05:37:31 AM »
I hated the original Nights a lot (easily the worst Saturn game I've played) and I will never even give this game a chance.

You've been around long enough to realise that your opinion is the complete opposite of 90% of the gaming population so I don't know why this surprises you.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 06:29:16 AM »

You've been around long enough to realise that your opinion is the complete opposite of 90% of the gaming population so I don't know why this surprises you.
:mrgreen:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 03:39:28 PM »
Yeah i've seen that so called europe mag says it's offiicial.

It's not a "so called" magazine. It's a real magazine, and the only one I actually read. It's free too, and can even be downloaded in PDF form from their website. This particular issue will be out april 10th, and you can download it then to see for yourself.

http://www.gamereactor.se/tidningen/pdf/

Oh i'm not doubting that the magazine is real just the info for Nights.

For matter why u.s mags didn't even know about it.

I also wounder why, Sega them self's never made a official statement... about making a sequel to Nights.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »
I was under the impression SEGA HAS confirmed it...

And umm... Yuji Naka isn't working on it... that just makes me want to scream f*ck IT.

TR0N

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »
I was under the impression SEGA HAS confirmed it...

And umm... Yuji Naka isn't working on it... that just makes me want to scream f*ck IT.
Yeah, Yuji Naka isn't with Sonic Team any more so that would be a cause for concern.

Best of luck to sega trying to do it but it's wait and see for me.

Keranu

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 04:04:11 PM »
I don't think it's too big of a deal that Yuji Naka isn't on the team, he designed the first one and that's all the inspiration another team is going to need to make a sequel. Also I don't know what kind of stuff Yuji Naka has done lately, I hope he wasn't incharge of any of the modern Sonic games.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 04:40:31 PM »
I don't think it's too big of a deal that Yuji Naka isn't on the team, he designed the first one and that's all the inspiration another team is going to need to make a sequel.

I know you've played a Sonic game recently, and the same principle applies here.

I'm not too optimistic about this NiGHTS sequel being any good.

Keranu

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 05:15:01 PM »
But once again, I think NiGHTS has a much better chance of getting a good game since it has not gotten any sequels before and is not whored out like Sonic is. Also a NiGHTS sequel would definitely be targeted more toward a "hardcore gaming base", rather than Sonic which is designed for money and kids. Of course I think it could easily be screwed over too, but I wouldn't compare it to recent Sonic games.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 04:10:44 AM »
Wha makes you think that because a game hasn't had a sequel, that it won't be whored out? What about all those whored-out retro remake games that suck, like Sinistar Unleashed? Sinistar was a great game, never had a sequel. Then they made the shit Sinistar Unleashed.

So I don't think you thought your cunning plan all the way through.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 05:15:24 AM »
Keranu's correct: NiGHTS has a better chance (not a guarantee) of being good since it will be the first sequel.  I don't think that NiGHTS will sell well simply because it is NiGHTS, unlike Mario or Sonic.  NiGHTS is not that well known with younger gamers and more casual gamers, so Sega will need solid game play to attract a wide audience.  Of course, Sega can intend to do a quality sequel, but intentions and reality don't always coincide.

Wha makes you think that because a game hasn't had a sequel, that it won't be whored out? What about all those whored-out retro remake games that suck, like Sinistar Unleashed? Sinistar was a great game, never had a sequel. Then they made the shit Sinistar Unleashed.

Sinistar Unleashed has fancy updated 3d graphics with faithful action, sound, and story.  It's buggy, but it ain't 'shit'.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 07:04:43 AM »

What Necromancer said :) . If it's good or not, I know you are excited about this deep in your tiny little heart, Kitsunexus :) .