Author Topic: NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!  (Read 2546 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 08:31:32 AM »
Wha makes you think that because a game hasn't had a sequel, that it won't be whored out? What about all those whored-out retro remake games that suck, like Sinistar Unleashed? Sinistar was a great game, never had a sequel. Then they made the shit Sinistar Unleashed.

So I don't think you thought your cunning plan all the way through.
What Necromancer said :) . If it's good or not, I know you are excited about this deep in your tiny little heart, Kitsunexus :) .

Excited...and scared.

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 09:46:41 AM »
The only thing to be scared of is your furry fetish.  8)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »
I don't drag it out as much people do though...

Keranu

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 07:04:50 PM »
A Brazilian magazine supposedly has the first screenshots of the game! http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14397
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 07:17:58 PM »
A Brazilian magazine supposedly has the first screenshots of the game! http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14397

I was looking at those shots eariler.

Man other, mags in other countrys have the news and the pics but u.s mags do not!?

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 07:20:13 PM »
Man other, mags in other countrys have the news and the pics but u.s mags do not!?
I know, what the heck. America rules the world, it should've got them before everyone else.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2007, 05:53:13 AM »
Especially considering U.S. was like the main country who appreciated NiGHTS, much like Metal Gear Solid...

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2007, 08:14:26 AM »
Comparing those two games in the same sentence is very bad taste, I think.

Keranu

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2007, 08:26:56 AM »
How about NiGHTS and Space Shuttle Project?

Err, I guess it's not fair to have the best game ever made (Space Shuttle Project) in the same sentence as any other game. :)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007, 09:25:36 AM »

HOLY CRAP NEW NIGHTS 2 RENDERS!

Turbo D

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2007, 08:15:40 PM »

HOLY CRAP NEW NIGHTS 2 RENDERS!

LMFAO  :lol:

Black Tiger

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »

C'mon, nIght$ isn't that bad is it?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Kitsunexus

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2007, 10:34:17 AM »
It's driving me insane, the more I read and see of this game (and revisit the old one) the more I think it's going to be the greatest game ever, at the same time I'm almost near;y choking myself to keep a grip on the reality that it's being made by the director of "Shadow The Hedgehog" and that this game has a HIGH probability of being dog shit and crushing my memories.

Yeah I guess I'm going emo for NiGHTS. :roll: :lol:

There's also the realization that the first NiGHTS was AMAZING, and that in all honesty, no matter how good the sequel can be, it will probably never be AS good. :(

Let's hope they include the first game on a second disc. And no matter what anyone says, I don't think NiGHTS has aged that badly, sure it looks crappy in screenshots, but running on a REAL Saturn, it still looks great.

Keranu

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2007, 10:53:55 AM »
It's driving me insane, the more I read and see of this game (and revisit the old one) the more I think it's going to be the greatest game ever, at the same time I'm almost near;y choking myself to keep a grip on the reality that it's being made by the director of "Shadow The Hedgehog" and that this game has a HIGH probability of being dog shit and crushing my memories.
This isn't Shadow the Hedgehog, this is NiGHTS. This is geared at a completely different audience and isn't based off a huge gaming icon :) . I wouldn't be so worried about it, it's just a video game ;) .

Kitsunexus

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2007, 01:22:15 PM »
But, to me, it is:

1. Memories of a better time in my life
2. A fantasy world that resonates with me profundly
3. A legacy of gaming that deserves respect, both as a milestone (the first game to use the analog stick (suck it Mario!), and a game that was arguably responsible for most of the Saturn's sales).

So to me, it's more than a game, and it's something to be worried about the success of.