Author Topic: NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!  (Read 2526 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2007, 09:09:35 AM »
All the Dukes had good gameplay, albeit in different styles.

Duke Nukem 3-D though, had personality, humor, great technology for the time, and the most intuitive editor for any FPS ever.

Duke Nukem's quite entertaining in all his forms.  The much anticipated release date for Duke Nukem Forever has been set..... August 12, 2032.  :^o
Has any other game been f*cked around as much as DNF?  It's been ten years since it was announced, and still no solid info. on where the project is going.  Sadly, I quit caring a few years back and won't buy it unless it's phenomenal (if it actually does get released).  I hope that Sega doesn't pull this type of shit with NiGHTS.  I'd rather see a mediocre sequel than get jerked around for a few years.  <-- Hey look, I found the topic again!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2007, 10:36:17 AM »
All the Dukes had good gameplay, albeit in different styles.

Duke Nukem 3-D though, had personality, humor, great technology for the time, and the most intuitive editor for any FPS ever.

Duke Nukem's quite entertaining in all his forms.  The much anticipated release date for Duke Nukem Forever has been set..... August 12, 2032.  :^o
Has any other game been f*cked around as much as DNF?  It's been ten years since it was announced, and still no solid info. on where the project is going.  Sadly, I quit caring a few years back and won't buy it unless it's phenomenal (if it actually does get released).  I hope that Sega doesn't pull this type of shit with NiGHTS.  I'd rather see a mediocre sequel than get jerked around for a few years.  <-- Hey look, I found the topic again!

Tengai Makyou III took a good ten years to get released and was cancelled on at least 3 different consoles.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Kitsunexus

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2007, 01:24:19 PM »
The life of a DNF fan:

:clap:  :D  :) :pray:  ](*,)  :-"  :cry:  :?   :| :x *death*

Digi.k

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2007, 08:39:47 AM »
ah there are a few tracks of the original nights that have you can download.

The tracks are taken from; Splash Lake, Soft Museum, Stick Canyon, Twin Seeds and Gate of you Dreams..

file size is: 15.81mb and the mp3 length is about 11.30 mins.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TQYWRPO

And ya its recording from the real hardware stuff

if its temporarilly unavailable might be that too many ppl are downloading it...so try later if you wanna..  :-"

Keranu

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »
New NiGHTS interview.

Though not a whole lot of new info, but it's sounding like a very promising game. Like I mentioned before in my debates, it definitely sounds like this sequel is more towards the NiGHTS fanbase rather than a crappy sellout sequel like for Sonic. The option between the classic controls + new controls sounds like a good idea.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Keranu

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2007, 08:41:11 AM »
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2007, 04:06:02 PM »
Bump! There is an add in the new Nintendo Power this month advertising the upcoming wii Nights  8)

Kitsunexus

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »
According to nightsintodreams.com (the creepiest fansite ever) they are making a remake of the original game for PS2, as a Sega Ages thing. Unfortunately, it's still only for release in Japan, and until that changes, SEGA is still dead to me.

Turbo D

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2007, 04:15:22 PM »
Ya dude, sega has really screwed us on the ps2 releases. I'm still upset over it. There is a local import store that sells them for $30 and up each. That is a bit much since you know that they would probably be 19.99 if released here. Plus I have to use that bastard slide card  :x

Turbo D

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2007, 12:07:19 PM »
bump!  :) Well I was at the local import game store today and I saw the jdm Nights for wii there for $65. I would've grabbed it, but, well, I don't own a wii, haha.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2007, 12:36:29 PM »
Smart move, especially since it is available for $50 in the US right now (and worth much, much less).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »
After seeing the way the kids (and other people) look, I really don't want it at all.

I REALLY REALLY WANT the SEGA AGES PS2 remake, though.

Keranu

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »
Why would the way "kids" look effect the game? Are you a big fan of the ground parts of NiGHTS?  :mrgreen:

Kitsunexus

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2007, 02:12:46 PM »
Why would the way "kids" look effect the game? Are you a big fan of the ground parts of NiGHTS?  :mrgreen:

Nah, it just shows the whole art style as being kinda creepy. Kinda sorta Uncanny Valley.

I don't think the game will play all that well either.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2007, 09:55:06 AM »
Well I got the game 'for my kids' lol, so when the little angels open it tomorrow morning (christmas) I will chime in.

Hopefully its faithful to the original, from what I've read from others, it should be an excellent game.

:D................................................................................. :pray: