Author Topic: Joystick round-up  (Read 830 times)

vestcoat

Joystick round-up
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:43:48 PM »
Turbo Stick:  The general consensus seems to be that this controller sucks.  After hearing so many bad things about it I finally got one and I don’t find it to be that terrible.  I might actually use it once in a while; granted, I don't have any other joysticks.

Quickshot Python:  I ordered one of these last night after finding it cheap at an online store.  Are they any good?  Do any of you use one?  Are they rare?  I don't think I've ever once seen one listed on ebay.

Acemore Freedom 16:  Were these ever actually manufactured?  Anyone seen one?  How’s the wireless?  How 'bout that Bonk head?

Ultimate Superstick:  This also remains an enigma to me.

Fill me in dudes, I need to make the most of my TG16 --> Duo Controller Adapter!

Turbo D

Re: Joystick round-up
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »
I like the tubo stick for playing some Galaga 90. :)

nat

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »
Turbo Stick:  The general consensus seems to be that this controller sucks.  After hearing so many bad things about it I finally got one and I don’t find it to be that terrible.  I might actually use it once in a while; granted, I don't have any other joysticks.

Only losers who never get any ass think the TurboStick sucks.

In fact, the TurboStick is the most awesome piece of Turbo hardware ever created. Aside from the TurboGrafx itself, of course.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:24:22 PM »

Only losers who never get any ass think the TurboStick sucks.

In fact, the TurboStick is the most awesome piece of Turbo hardware ever created. Aside from the TurboGrafx itself, of course.

Only losers who never get any ass use the TurboStick.

In fact, the TurboStick is the most wretched piece of Turbo hardware ever created, aside from the Ultimate Superstick itself, of course.

Winners take the pcb out of a Turbo Pad and use it to build their own Arcade stick.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 08:50:34 PM »
Only losers who never get any ass play the TurboGrafx.

In fact, the TurboGrafx is the most wretched piece of video game hardware ever created, aside from the PC Engine itself, of course.

Winners take the pcb out of a TurboGrafx and use it to build their own Atari Jaguar.

nat

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 10:21:12 PM »
You're both wrong.

Home-made arcade sticks and the Atari Jaguar are to video gaming as ants are to God.

Real winners acquire and play a SuperGrafx, created by God Himself, and denounce all other video game hardware.

(Except the TurboStick.)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:47:12 PM »
God may have created the SuperGrafx, but the Atari Jaguar created itself (God was not powerful enough to create it).  It's 64-bits!  64!!!!  Count 'em!  One.  Two.  Three.  Four.  Five.  Six.  Seven.  Sixty four!!

m1savage

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 01:09:14 AM »
vestcoat - you've only scratched the surface of TG-16 joysticks. I've got a large section of my garage filled up with the damn things for another project started and not yet completed. I can tell you the Freedom 16 stick does exist (they may all have ended up in my garage though lol) along with a few more sticks from Acemore.

My general review of all the "retail" joysticks I've tried for the TG-16: None are great, a few are adequate, most just suck.  :mrgreen:

radiantgun

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 05:31:42 AM »
I picked these sticks up a while back,never used them yet any good ?

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p285/ninty_photos/DSC00039.jpg

Turbo D

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 06:32:48 AM »
God may have created the SuperGrafx, but the Atari Jaguar created itself (God was not powerful enough to create it).  It's 64-bits!  64!!!!  Count 'em!  One.  Two.  Three.  Four.  Five.  Six.  Seven.  Sixty four!!

No offense, but the jaguar was only 32 bit.

Keranu

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:02:32 AM »

Duuuurrrr, then why was it advertised as 64 bits!? Are you telling me that the Neo Geo isn't 24 bits too!?!?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 07:04:39 AM »
Dude, I want a "Space Battle".

I can't fathom going on without a Space Battle in my life.

Turbo D

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »

Duuuurrrr, then why was it advertised as 64 bits!? Are you telling me that the Neo Geo isn't 24 bits too!?!?

the primary GPU executed a 32-bit instruction-set, while the remaining CPU (68000) was already established to be a 16-bit unit.

Keranu

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 08:24:03 AM »
But the commercials always said 64-bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »
Turbo D you are full of it.  First of all, how dare you take me seriously.  Secondly, go back and count my Atari Jaguar bits again.  One, Two.  Three, etc...  You'll see how I feel about it.