Author Topic: Game endings you love/hate?  (Read 1164 times)

Digi.k

Re: Game endings you love/hate?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
Lunar EB Sega-CD has a similar extended ending if you count the Epilogue.

I love the endings for Lunar 2 EB on the saturn..

and ending for Grandia and Saturn Bomberman.

Ys book 1 & 2 for pc engine's ending is pretty sweet and also love the endings for parodius. Bomberman 93 has awesome music for it's ending and  Dragon Spirit has a cool ending (which i think it rasters out the the screen)

and just recently beat galaga 88 on the pce after all these years >_>  Didnt think I was gonna make it ....

guyjin

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 09:03:05 PM »
If I remember correctly, the ending of Ninja Spirit was sucky; just a re-showing of the bosses with the same names I couldn't read... and oh, they reveal that you're the wolf (as if it weren't obvious.)

Unfortunately, I don't beat a lot of games, so I don't remember many others... I think Cadash's was neat, but I can't read Japanese. (I have the PCE version)
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Black Tiger

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 08:57:17 AM »
If I remember correctly, the ending of Ninja Spirit was sucky; just a re-showing of the bosses with the same names I couldn't read... and oh, they reveal that you're the wolf (as if it weren't obvious.)

Unfortunately, I don't beat a lot of games, so I don't remember many others... I think Cadash's was neat, but I can't read Japanese. (I have the PCE version)

Ninja Spirit's PC Engine Mode ending may not feature cinemas to rival CD games, but the way it was done with a kick ass original song is very cool.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 03:08:23 PM »
There's a second loop, a third loop, a fourth loop, a fifth loop and even a sixth loop. I never tried to go further. Actually, I'm able to go up to the second loop on the real hardware but I used magic engine to see how many loops there were. Every loop is harder than the one before, so I can tell you that it gets craaazy from loop 3 onwards.
Holy crap, you rule. I got to nearly the end (first loop) on real hardware. It actually made we want to get a SuperGrafx (that and the recent threads here).

Back on topic:

Isn't the ending to Veigues really, really long? I haven't beaten it in ages, but I seem to recall it being long.

I wanted the ending to Final Lap Twin RPG to be better (i.e. more impressive), especially because I had a tough time with some of the matches. Of course, my true desire was for the entire quest to flesh out the characters / story in more depth. Yes.

I thought the ending of Red Alert was awesome!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 03:23:45 PM by stevek666 »
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »
I thought the ending of Red Alert was awesome!
I really loved Last Alert's 80's ending! It's been awhile since I seen it, but I remember having a good time watching it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »
Son Son II ending with the sprite swap code is pretty silly, with the Gyumao sprite (the final boss) replacing "Buddha".

Lunar EB Sega-CD has a similar extended ending if you count the Epilogue.

I love the endings for Lunar 2 EB on the saturn..

and ending for Grandia and Saturn Bomberman.

Ys book 1 & 2 for pc engine's ending is pretty sweet and also love the endings for parodius. Bomberman 93 has awesome music for it's ending and  Dragon Spirit has a cool ending (which i think it rasters out the the screen)

and just recently beat galaga 88 on the pce after all these years >_>  Didnt think I was gonna make it ....

Not to mention when you made that G88 video for YouTube, you were so damn close. Now that I think about it, if you were to have made that attempt run in front of a crowd of onlookers, I can just hear them letting out a big long "AWWWWWWWW" when they see your progress map after your game was over.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 04:34:48 PM by Ninja Spirit »

kid_rondeau

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 11:01:19 PM »
You know,
it's been a while for me on Galaga '88 ('90 for me...) but I remember there is a better ending than the one shown here. You get a big gold medal and everything.

You didn't do the code where you hold either UP or DOWN when you press Run, did you?

Aw man, I think I need to play that soon...

Digi.k

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 02:06:46 AM »
You know,
it's been a while for me on Galaga '88 ('90 for me...) but I remember there is a better ending than the one shown here. You get a big gold medal and everything.

You didn't do the code where you hold either UP or DOWN when you press Run, did you?

Aw man, I think I need to play that soon...

To start of with the large ship? then ya i think i did use it.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 03:13:13 AM »
Ahh...well there you go. that enables the "easy" mode where you get a lot more capsules (Orange, Green, Silver, etc.).

I think the only way to get the best ending is to play the hard mode (regular game) and get every dimension warp (which I can see you did in your game).

On the topic of the different colored capsules, does anyone have any idea what the light blue one does?

BonkThis

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 04:03:31 AM »
Dude, it's 2007. Anyone who hasn't seen that intro by now has been living under piles of rocks under a pyramid that was built 10 miles under a volcano.

how did you know where I lived? :wink:

offsidewing

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2007, 07:23:20 AM »
Not knowing the "ALL YOUR BASE..." intro is like (off topic) not knowing UP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A-(select)-START.

Johnny Turbo is not without his charm...

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 03:31:36 PM »
I always dug the ending to Shockman.

With the teaser for a U.S. Sequel and end credits with a character run through....

Was pretty cool

Black Tiger

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 01:50:04 AM »
Not knowing the "ALL YOUR BASE..." intro is like (off topic) not knowing UP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A-(select)-START.

Johnny Turbo is not without his charm...

Net nerds know "All you base..." and where T-Shirts with it. Most have never played played the game even once. Not even just to watch the intro themselves.

The average kid during the NES days knew 'Up, Up, Down, Down...', but wouldn't necessarily have grown up to play Warhammer and buy burritos by the wheel barrel full for the Dr Who marathon.

Johnny Turbo is an obscure phenomenon known only to a very small sect of gaming geeks.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

offsidewing

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 02:32:58 AM »

Johnny Turbo is an obscure phenomenon known only to a very small sect of gaming geeks.
[/quote]

Just like the Turbo itself...

thewestexit

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 06:22:14 AM »
Whoever made up that "all your base" intro anyway?  I have Zero Wing for the PC Engine and Mega Drive and I'll pretty sure neither version contains that funky dialogue.

To keep this on topic, PCE wise I love the endings to Cosmic Fantasy 2 and the Ys games...  I also like the endings to the Legend of Xanadu games.
////////////////////////////////////////////////
James Wilson
www.thewestexit.com
The Science of Building Wealth
////////////////////////////////////////////////