Author Topic: I'm happy... and ANGRY!  (Read 561 times)

FM-77

Re: I'm happy... and ANGRY!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 02:12:46 AM »
I actually used a regular small flathead screwdriver to open my Duo-R. It was certainly not easy, but I did it.... after 40 minutes. :)

Also consider this (although it may just be happening to me)... Every time I've opened up the console, the SRAM has gone corrupt. I don't know why, as I'm very careful to make sure there's no power left in the system when I do it, etc. Damn that SRAM, hehehe.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:14:44 AM by Seldane »

GUTS

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 08:47:15 AM »
Its probably just because you unplug it for awhile, mine dies if i leave the system unplugged for barely a few days.  Hell it might even be shorter now, all I know is I have to back everything I want up in the tennoke bank or else run the risk of losing it when my system is unplugged.

FM-77

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
That's probably not it, as I mostly keep it unplugged whenever I don't use it (and I don't use it that much nowadays). Been unplugged for months without the SRAM going corrupt. The unplugging issue is probably because of bad capacitors in your system though.

GUTS

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »
Yeah I recently sold off my old one that had that problem (to some guy locally, I hope he doesn't notice the SRAM issue), the Duo R I got from D-lite a while back seems to be fine for weeks at a time with no power.  My old Duo had every problem in the book it seemed like.