Author Topic: wow (insane ebay)  (Read 848 times)

offsidewing

Re: wow (insane ebay)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »
Would demand for Sapphire go up or down if suddenly every member of this forum had a copy?

Not buying things from ebay won't lower the price overall.  The demand has to go down or the supply has to increase across the market for the price to fall.  If ebay was the only place you could buy Sapphire, then yes.

*OFF TOPIC BUT A PERFECT PARALLEL*  Like the folks that tell you not to buy gas in the US on May 15th.  I'm sorry folks, but the gas that you wouldn't be buying on May 15th was actually paid for refined two months ago.  Not buying gas one day doesn't lower demand.  As an alternative, you're buying gas on the 16th.   ](*,)

It's alternative versus replacements.  If you want to lower gas prices, take the bus for a week or don't drive your car on the 15th.  You've found a replacement for fuel (or transportation) on May 15th.

Not buying gas on a specific day does nothing to fuel prices if you're still consuming fuel that day.  Why don't people pay attention in econ 100!!!!   

Man, Venezula is killing me at the pump!

kenomac78

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »
but millions of people buy gas everyday, to keep surviving. but only a few hundred look for tg16 stuff, just for entertainment. 

the wii will have bonk 3, infact at this rate ALL the hu cards will be on the wii by the summer of 08,  then we can see what long  term effects this has. now if only the PS3 store, or wii if possible, would offer the cd rom games!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 04:52:54 PM »
so do you think the cost of sapphire would go up or down if everyone had a copied  cd of it?

and speaking of copied games, since it has no real protection, how come we dont see all kinds of bootlegs for it?

Um...you need to look around more. Not only are CD-Rs of Sapphire all over the place, but there is also a widely available, extremely authentic-looking bootleg which seems to outnumber the original many times over.

Overall I'd say that these things make the price go down because when you actually play Sapphire you find out that its not all that. GoT, and LoT are still better. Contrast this to something like Astra Superstars (SS) for example, which playing a CD-R of would actually inspire me to find a legit copy.

Black Tiger

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 04:58:54 PM »
i seriously hope that classic games go thru a re-adjusting that baseball cards did were the bottom falls out and the real prices start to come out, and every guy from hongkong with an ebay store winds up broke.

as for the 1000$ duo-r  the seller is stupid and anyone who actually buys it is stupidER!

This already happened years ago. Thats why most imports don't go for $100+ anymore.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

offsidewing

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 05:06:03 PM »
Oil futures and reserve demand is based upon usage, not when it's bought.  Remember, May 15th's gas is paid for by the oil companies already.  The price of gas today speculates the purchase price of crude tomorrow.  But that crude isn't refined into fuel for months.  The amount of fuel that is used between when the crude is bought and refined into fuel determines the overall demand.  

Remember, consumption ts the standard on fuel prices.

Is the amount of fuel you consume going to change based upon the day you buy it (this is assuming that buying gas isn't an economic burden)?  No.  You still need to drive the same amount regardless of when you buy gas.  

I digress.  I normally don't talk shop after hours and it's getting lame now...

Bonk 3 prices are high because there is not a replacement for Bonk 3.  The Wii will serve as a replacement for Bonk 3, assuming it's released.  Bonk 3 Super CD is an alternative to Bonk 3 and cost just about as much (like E85 and Gasoline!!)

I digress...

offsidewing

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 05:13:16 PM »
so do you think the cost of sapphire would go up or down if everyone had a copied  cd of it?

and speaking of copied games, since it has no real protection, how come we dont see all kinds of bootlegs for it?

Um...you need to look around more. Not only are CD-Rs of Sapphire all over the place, but there is also a widely available, extremely authentic-looking bootleg which seems to outnumber the original many times over.

Overall I'd say that these things make the price go down because when you actually play Sapphire you find out that its not all that. GoT, and LoT are still better. Contrast this to something like Astra Superstars (SS) for example, which playing a CD-R of would actually inspire me to find a legit copy.

So who's giving out CD-R's of Sapphire??  I'd love one.  I know 6 places where I can buy it for 38,000 yen.  I couldn't track down a "obligation free" CD-R to save my life. 

If I have to trade a CD-R of a game that is of equal rarity or price int order to get a CD-R of Sapphire, then we are back to Econ 100.  Five bucks and my left nut says I'm going to have to trade CD-R's of Drac X, Kaze-Kiri, and DE2 in order to get a CD-R of Sapphire.

I'm done.  This is a great thread, honestly, but WAY too close to work stuff.

TR0N

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »

So who's giving out CD-R's of Sapphire??  I'd love one.  I know 6 places where I can buy it for 38,000 yen.  I couldn't track down a "obligation free" CD-R to save my life. 

If I have to trade a CD-R of a game that is of equal rarity or price int order to get a CD-R of Sapphire, then we are back to Econ 100.  Five bucks and my left nut says I'm going to have to trade CD-R's of Drac X, Kaze-Kiri, and DE2 in order to get a CD-R of Sapphire.

I'm done.  This is a great thread, honestly, but WAY too close to work stuff.

I take it you miss when this guy was selling fakes of Sapphire.
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=1826.0
Of corse he never said it out loud but some cared others didn't.

My copy is a fake... but i don't care it works and that's all that matters to me.

Still boots of, Sapphire realy haven't put a dent in what for a legit copy go's for.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 06:22:40 PM »

My copy is a fake... but i don't care it works and that's all that matters to me.

Still boots of, Sapphire realy haven't put a dent in what for a legit copy go's for.

They did make a dent, thats how I was able to buy my legit copy for 'only' $250.

They just didn't become worthless. Which is to be expected since it's value has more to do with collectors than game players.

But unlike with retro sets/rereleases, the collector's value of Sapphire took a hit not because of the game becoming more accessible. It started selling for less because collectors are now taking a risk that they're buying a knock off.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

TR0N

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 09:04:38 PM »

They did make a dent, thats how I was able to buy my legit copy for 'only' $250.

They just didn't become worthless. Which is to be expected since it's value has more to do with collectors than game players.

But unlike with retro sets/rereleases, the collector's value of Sapphire took a hit not because of the game becoming more accessible. It started selling for less because collectors are now taking a risk that they're buying a knock off.

It is damn, well i haven't check lately on what go's for as of late.

Any time... i check a site that has a copy of it they want alot for it.

Still if that's the case good.... i all ways thought a peace of plastic that's worth $400.00 to be ridiculous any ways.

It's better if fans have a chance to play it and not worry if it has value.

nat

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 09:11:45 PM »
i all ways thought a peace of plastic that's worth $400.00 to be ridiculous any ways.

It's better if fans have a chance to play it and not worry if it has value.

Amen.

kenomac78

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 01:06:30 AM »
yes true!!

perhaps someday hudson will release a PS2-PS3- PSP collection of its hits like konami, capcom, midway, etc.   with bonk et al, and some rarer stuff like sapphire.

i mean they (konami, not hudson, but arent they the same anymore?) are doing it by finally putting rondo of blood out on PSP, this eliminating the need to buy it for PCE , save for completists. so hopefully we see it down the pipline

nodtveidt

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 01:08:32 PM »
and speaking of copied games, since it has no real protection, how come we dont see all kinds of bootlegs for it? i see lots of HK famicom carts but you woudl think with a cd it would be super duper easy to  churn out endless copies.  it must be the low user base.
You don't see a lot of copied PCE CD games because the discs are not easy to copy. Sure, you can make a run-of-the-mill CDR burn and it'll run just fine on your PC in an emulator, but take that same disc and try to play it in an actual console...chances are high it won't work. That alone is enough to discourage disc copying. Furthermore, unlike other consoles, PCE fans are rather diehard and would rather own an original than a copy, so the demand for copies is almost non-existent.

TR0N

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 04:51:34 PM »
yes true!!

perhaps someday hudson will release a PS2-PS3- PSP collection of its hits like konami, capcom, midway, etc.   with bonk et al, and some rarer stuff like sapphire.

i mean they (konami, not hudson, but arent they the same anymore?) are doing it by finally putting rondo of blood out on PSP, this eliminating the need to buy it for PCE , save for completists. so hopefully we see it down the pipline
Konami does own hudson they bought them out a few years ago.

kenomac78

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 04:53:10 PM »
no, no im not talking cdr im talking pressed cds and repro box/manual.

the other thing is i have heard about a 6 in  one hu card pirate, but why werent many others made? maybe its monetarily too hard to pull off  in light of the lower user base and 99999999999999999^9999 in 1 famijoy is just easier.

also then, maybe lets write konami/hudson to see if they have interest in a comp.

Tatsujin

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »
Furthermore, unlike other consoles, PCE fans are rather diehard and would rather own an original than a copy, so the demand for copies is almost non-existent.
that's the point. why the most of us playing pce? not just to have fun with one, or let's say the best plattform ever, no, we also like to collect those famous and so beloved artifacts, mostly in best conditon as it just gets.

if you just wanna play ol'games, you will use emulators for that (which unfortunatelly a huge amount of people do these days).

those sapphire counterfeights never had an affect to the price here in the stores, since people know, they will buy an 100% original for sure. other than on ebay, where people always will be skeptic about the products they fancy to. therefore the price settled down.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^