Author Topic: Obscure DE II Question!  (Read 253 times)

kid_rondeau

Obscure DE II Question!
« on: May 12, 2007, 08:17:38 AM »
I actually had a dream about this last night...

In Dungeon Explorer II, there is a stage called "The Ruins"...it's where you rescue Yuri the Engineer. Anyway, the weird thing about that stage is when you first arrive there, you'll be in a room with three doorways: to the left, up, and to the right. Two of these three paths are always blocked with what appear to be large stone blocks.
The path that is open seems to be completely random and predetermined at the start of your quest, and once established, it never changes no matter how many times you return.

For me, the open path is on the left 90% of the time. The remaining 10% of the time it was the upper path.

My questions:
-Has anybody else ever noticed this?
-Has anybody ever had the good fortune to see the right-side path?
-Does anybody know how to manipulate which path is open?
-Does anyone know if you can use that large TV screen in the library in Solis?

Thanks, peoples.

Man, this is a good game...although I think I like part 1 better.

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Obscure DE II Question!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 09:01:59 AM »
Wait, are you saying you've had paths that were blocked, that did open at some point??  I know this has frusterated me lately, as I played thru the game again.  I thought for sure years ago when I played thru it, that I was eventually able to get into the blocked area's.  So, does anybody know how to get into those area's?  And as for the TV, AFAIK you can't use it for anything, but, I could be wrong.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 09:37:24 AM »
It might change depending on which character you start the game with. Since each of the main characters does have a side quest, its not much of a stretch to believe that starting characters could affect which path you take.

I haven't played through the game in years so I don't remember 'the Ruins' too well. What's the difference between the two paths you have opened up?

I actually called the Turbo Tip line to ask if you could get the library TV screens to play anything. They basically said that they don't really know much of anything about anything.  :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »
It might change depending on which character you start the game with. Since each of the main characters does have a side quest, its not much of a stretch to believe that starting characters could affect which path you take.

I haven't played through the game in years so I don't remember 'the Ruins' too well. What's the difference between the two paths you have opened up?

I actually called the Turbo Tip line to ask if you could get the library TV screens to play anything. They basically said that they don't really know much of anything about anything.  :P
The Turbo Tip line had a notebook with all the cheat codes in it (arranged alphabetically, of course). That's about it. :)
  |    | 

Kitsunexus

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 10:38:40 AM »
The Turbo Tip line had a notebook with all the cheat codes in it (arranged alphabetically, of course). That's about it. :)

Do you realize how much this notebook would be worth!?  :shock:

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 01:00:30 PM »

Do you realize how much this notebook would be worth!?  :shock:

About one half eaten Sausage N' Egg McGriddle?  :wink:

I actually provided the experts with more tips & tricks than they had to offer.

I think that all they really had was a few back issues of EGM & GamePro.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum