Author Topic: Organizational Methods  (Read 1377 times)

offsidewing

Organizational Methods
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:13:19 AM »
This applies to the Turbo/PCE world only.

How do you organize your collection?

Do you separate Japanese from American?  Hucard from CD??  Orange label vs Color Label??

How do you Turbonians do it??

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Organizational Methods
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:28:05 AM »
I usually separate my collection by flavor.  Yummm.... Lords of Thunder is delicious but Ghost Manor tastes like poo.

Seriously - I organize mine by genre with US and Japanese games mixed together (I mostly have US games anyway).  I did print up translated case spines to make it easier for my non-Japanese eyes.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:49:06 AM »
"Standard" games in a pile/shelf, Falcom games on a seperate bookshelf entirely dedicated to Falcom games. :P Will probably break this up soon though, as I don't like the Falcom shelf anymore. :P

termis

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 12:03:11 PM »
I do it by categories of games.  shooters, action, fighting, rpgs, adventure, etc.  US/JP ones are mixed up.

2X4

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 12:06:05 PM »
Games I played last are on the top, games I haven't been playing on bottom.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

runinruder

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 12:29:06 PM »
I keep the US games that I have boxes for together and loose slipcased HuCards in small piles, but that's about it.  When I get new shipments, I just make some room on the shelf and shove the newcomers in. 

Except that Sapphire, Madou Monogatari, and Sylphia don't get places on the shelf.  They're on the floor, covered in layers of dust and filth. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »
Mine goes like this:

TG16 to TGCD to TG SCD/DUO to PCE to PCE CD to PCE SCD to PCE ACD.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »
I organize mine by HuCard and CD, and then usually by color and finally alphabetical alphabetical order.  I have no idea why I do it like this.  Take a look:

Keeping the HuCards and CDs separate (but equal) makes me feel comfortable for some reason.

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »
Oh yes that reminds me, my games are in alphabetical order as well. And for games with the cardboard boxes or loose HuCards, those have their own sections.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nodtveidt

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 01:45:40 PM »
Mine aren't organized at all. Well, sorta...all the jewel cases sit somewhere in my DVD rack, and the loose cards sit on a shelf in our storage room, I bring them out when I want to use them but otherwise they get stored in there, away from the curious hands of a little munchkin.

MrFulci

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »
Pretty much everything is alphabetical for me. All the US TG-16 stuff is alphabetical.

Japanese PCE on the other hand, I have organised by media (Hucard, CD, SCD, ACD). Within those areas, I tend to group together similar games; fighters, puzzles, shooters, etc.

Works out just fine.

The only except is Bomberman '94. I group that with my other US titles so Bomberman, Bomberman '93, and Bomberman '94 are grouped together.

The games are stored in their jewels cases. Any spine cards I place inside the manual for that game. The exterior boxes for the TG-16 games I store elsewhere, where i have to dig them out.. One day I'll do soemthing more productive with them...

Something a bit unusual I do with my US Turbo Grafx games, is I keep the instruction manuals seperate from the cases, due to over time sliding the manual in and out can cause some of the artwork to smear. I have a CD caddy that the manuals fit in just fine. All the manuals are alphabetized, so it's easy to find what I want.

I'll post some pics later.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Tatsujin

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 02:39:56 PM »
my order > ACD, SCD, CD, HuCard, US-CD (2 pcs only).

each group is ordered by its maker and number. e.g. hudson vol. 1~61 etc..

that's my way :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

vestcoat

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 02:44:33 PM »
I have mine organized by format and then alphabetically.

Loose hucards, however, are organized by how dirty their slipcases are.  This prevents my thoroughly disgusting Double Dungeons slip from contaminating the pristine slipcases protecting Hit the Ice and Dead Moon.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »
I keep all of my HuCards in their jackets in a wooden cigar box. I keep my CD/SCD's in CD wallets, and I keep the cases on my CD shelf. For chips sans cases, I keep the manuals in a separate box.

MrFulci

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 02:55:24 PM »
My case of US manuals

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".