Author Topic: What is the big difference between Fatal Fury 2 and Fatal Fury Special?  (Read 1614 times)

SNKNostalgia

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 you actually get the option to turn of the 2 line system. Anyway, these games are all fun for me. Especially when playing the series on the Neo Geo with an original AES stick. It is perfect for precise motions. I can do Raging Storm with Geese Howard like the wind blows with this thing. The controls were just slower on FF1, you just had to do the motion a little slow. It was cool how the voice effects where for all the moves. Made you feel the power of the moves. Play games like Real Bout Special or Real Bout 2. I personally like FF3 the most since it had the best colors, detail and overall atmosphere. I guess my least favorite is Real Bout 1 and FF2 out of them all.

Art of Fighting games are very different. SNK was just not trying to copy SF2 all that much. You know what is funny though, is that some of the same people that help make SF2 made Neo Geo games. It was common for SNK and Capcom employees to jump back and forth. Atleast SNK made many different fighting games instead 6 revisions of SF2 for 5 years straight. It wasn't until 1995-1996 when Capcom finally made new fighters like Darkstalkers, X-men vs games and others. Still I like them all.

P.S. Last Blade f*cking rules.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Keranu

I'm more disappointed with Capcom absolutely butchering SNK's side of things in CvS1 and a little bit in CvS2.

But some of the music was kind of cool!

Michael Helgeson

Most of the music was kinda gay.

Keranu

Most of the music was kinda gay.
Hahaha, so true! Especially in CvS2. I like both games actually to mess around in for fun, but they could've definitely used some gameplay improvements.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

Do you guys like SvC Chaos?  It seems so unbalanced to me.  One of the SNK characters, some fag named Geonutz or something (he is a totally unremarkable and unmemorable character just like most of SNK's designs).  Anyway all he ever does is stand there and throw tornadoes at you while saying "Cocoa Diska" again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.  Talk about gay!

Keranu

I've only played SvC a bit in the arcades and haven't given it enough time. My buddy insists it sucks, but I'd have to play it again to see since it's been awhile. SNK character designs are top notch, I hate Capcom's disgusting looking characters in their modern stuff; SF3 character designs looks especially nasty. I liked the character designs from the first two games even though they were a bit typical, but at least they don't look downright stupid like some other characters.

You just a SNK hata :P .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

Do you guys like SvC Chaos?  It seems so unbalanced to me.  One of the SNK characters, some fag named Geonutz or something (he is a totally unremarkable and unmemorable character just like most of SNK's designs).  Anyway all he ever does is stand there and throw tornadoes at you while saying "Cocoa Diska" again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.  Talk about gay!

Goenitz,cool and hard last boss from KoF 1996. Yea,I like SNK vs Capcom Chaos. I still need to pick a MVS cart of it up. I have been lazy about doing so.

Joe Redifer

SvC is a good game, but Geonutz is a bitch, and he's not a boss in the game.  All he does is "Cocoa Diska" and sometimes disappears.  THAT'S IT!  That's his entire set of moves.  He is incapable of doing anything else and extremely cheap.  It's hard to even touch him.

Keranu, SNK characters... a lot of them anyway, all look the same to me.  Granted there are many exceptions.  I agree with you about the Street Fighter 3 designs.  Yuck.  I prefer the Alpha-era designs the best, though Alpha 3's characters look a little, ummm, rough.

You're just a Capcom hata.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:54:45 PM by Joe Redifer »

Keranu

I can agree with that as SFA1 and 2 did have some pretty neat character designs, though most were borrowed from other games, while SFA3 had some of those strange Capcom looking ones.

Hell yeh ima Capcom hata  8) .

SNKNostalgia

Man, I own his ass everytime I fight him. When he does his "Cocoa diska" move make sure you are all the way at the end of the screen and then come at him with an across the screen attack of some sort timed right. As for Snk v Capcom, I thought the game was OK and all, but I am a big Playmore Neo Geo hater. Ever since SNK went bankrupt I got pissed paying $300 for medicore games even if they were made in 1995. They still would seem that way, even back then. There is no dennying it man, compare.

Playmore is doing a better job with the atomswave and re-releasing classic SNK made titles on the PS2. Just remember for the Neo Geo: If it was made by Playmore, then it doesn't count when comparing to Capcom.

Keranu

By the way, SNKNostalgia, you have an avatar of Yamazaki, the frickin' greatest designed fighting game character. His extremely powerful defensive nature was just so brilliantly designed that no one can stand a chance against him when being played with wisdom and reflex. He's even effective on a powerful side, but man if you master him, you can go through rounds without getting touched. Geese is arguably more amazing in a defensive manner, but Geese is even harder to master and I find Yamazaki to be better overall since he can do some nice combos as well.

Joe Redifer

Man, I own [Gaynutz's] ass everytime I fight him. When he does his "Cocoa diska" move make sure you are all the way at the end of the screen

Easier said than done.  He does Cocoa Diska again and again in a rapid fire sequence, and that's pretty much all he does.  You barely have time to move anywhere and the little tornadoes appear in random places, so you can't predict them.  You'd think they could give him something else to say other than "cocoa diska".

Michael Helgeson

Man, I own his ass everytime I fight him. When he does his "Cocoa diska" move make sure you are all the way at the end of the screen and then come at him with an across the screen attack of some sort timed right. As for Snk v Capcom, I thought the game was OK and all, but I am a big Playmore Neo Geo hater. Ever since SNK went bankrupt I got pissed paying $300 for medicore games even if they were made in 1995. They still would seem that way, even back then. There is no dennying it man, compare.

Playmore is doing a better job with the atomswave and re-releasing classic SNK made titles on the PS2. Just remember for the Neo Geo: If it was made by Playmore, then it doesn't count when comparing to Capcom.
Totally agree,my KOF fandom ends after KOF 99,and doesn't  happen again until KOF 2k3,which I love. I hate MS 4 and 5,I hate Sam Sho 5,and 5 Special,bored easily with Sengoku 3,and most of the Atomaswave junk by them,ect.

GUTS

You guys who don't like Capcom's art are crazy, they have the best artists in the entire business.  It was hilarious how gay the Capcom characters looked in SNK vs Capcom when they were drawn by that one SNK artist who is f*cking awful (the cover to Samurai Showdown is especially god-f*cking-awful).  SNK's sprite art is awesome, but that guy who does portraits sucks so bad.  Though to SNK's credit Terry Bogard is the greatest fighting game character ever created, which balances out that terrible artist's crap.

Keranu

I like that SNK artist who makes those covers because his drawings seem to resemble American style artwork, which I give him a lot of respect for instead of drawing the typical anime crap. For bad art, look at the character portaits in CvS1 and CvS2.