Author Topic: Woo-Hoo  (Read 419 times)

offsidewing

Woo-Hoo
« on: May 30, 2007, 03:52:51 PM »
I just went through and old box of my stuff that I got from my parents house a couple months ago.  In the box, was a PCE -> TG16 Converter!!!!  It works!!  Just to be a giant dork, there is now a Drac X save file on my Turbo Booster Plus thanks to my Tennokoe Bank!!!

Tatsujin

Re: Woo-Hoo
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
not that bad at all :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 04:48:28 PM »
Putting CD save files into the Turbo Booster kicks ass!  It will amaze your friends and hopefully make them jealous of your mad skillz.  :)  It also helps when you try to convince them that the Dracula X HuCard actually exists.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 05:43:21 PM »
Nice find - it always feels good to find something you'd either forgotten or assumed was lost to the closet demons.  So, was it a diving board or some other kind of converter?

The Dracula X HuCard does exist..... a friend of my butler's, sister's, gynecologist's, neighbor showed me pictures downloaded from the internet (so you know it's true).  :^o
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

offsidewing

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 06:38:31 AM »
Nice find - it always feels good to find something you'd either forgotten or assumed was lost to the closet demons.  So, was it a diving board or some other kind of converter?

It's one of those weird, brown multi-level looking converters that actually has a pic of Keith Courage going up in a PCE.  I remember I relinquished this thing to a box in my closet 13 or so years ago because I got a diving board to play SF2 on my express.  About a year ago I gave the diving board adapter to my kid sister.  She needed a break from playing Halo or something and accidentally bought a PCE SS3.0 card to play LOT and COTTON.

I have something worse than a closet monster, I have an ill advised good intention 60-somthing mother.  I'm a grown, successful adult and live hundreds of miles from my folks and thousands from my siblings and my parents still insist on helping us move whenever we do.  Well, my mom assumes anything sports related belongs to me and anything to do with Japan and Timebased media belongs to my younger sister.

So, thanks to my mother thinking she's returning something one of us stole from the other while living over 1000 miles apart, my sister has several of my japanese Hucards and ACD's and I have my sister's softball equipment from highschool.  I love going home for a holiday and mom going, "here, your sister had this and I thought you'd want it back."  And I'm like, "great, a fast pitch softball bat from 1994 and a fielder's mitt with Pink lacing!"  Or I'll get a phone call from my sister, "Hey, mom came out for a visit, do you want Young Master and PC Genjin 2 back?"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 06:47:12 AM »
That's a pain in the butt, but there's not much you can do about it.  I cut off any fingers that mess with my Turbo stuff, so my ma knows not to touch any of it.  That's a mistake she only made once, and now I call her lefty.  :evil:

offsidewing

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »
What's pretty funny is I just built a new house.  I found my surviving Turbo stuff before the move and put the game in a nice protective box and placed it with the rest of my electronic equipment for the move.  Ugh, my parents helped, the pack rat in-laws helped, and movers helped.   So a few months ago after unearthing my turbo stuff, I decided to start playing again.  I get a system from japan, pick up a turbo w/ booster plus, and start looking for my box of games.  I tear the freaking house apart looking for the box, but to no avail.  I am going berserk because I just recently realize (thanks to ePay and this Forum) that Dungeon Explorer 2, Dracula X, Bonk 3, Terraforming, Deep Blue, and Cotton roughly cost $801 to replace.  As I tear the house up looking for my Turbo stuff, she happens to call.  I tell her I'm not happy because I think my box of games was lost in the move (I'd already called my mother in Ohio) and was not happy.  Then she says, "Oh, that's the box I use to keep the fench doors open in the sun room."  I replied with some unfair "do I use your Wustof knives to butcher homeless animals" response and stormed off to find my games.  She really didn't care about the replacement cost, but felt bad as it was something important from my childhood that she miss used.

nat

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »
I absolutely love how Deep Blue was thrown in there with the rest of those titles. Priceless.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »
Deep Blue made me laugh too - now is it responsible for the $800 or $1?  :-k

offsidewing

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »
I like to poke fun at Deep Blue.  17 years ago it was the lamest game I ever saw.  My dad, who was not hip to the Turbo at the time, saw the game in 1990 and thought it was lame.

Yes, I equate the $1 towards it's replacement value, with the most of cost related to the Hu sleeve and case.

nat

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 12:17:44 PM »
 [-X

Deep Blue is actually an awesome game.

runinruder

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »
Terraforming is the game to laugh at in that batch, although the dopes who spend lots of cash on it are probably more deserving of abuse than the game itself.

Deep Blue rules. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

offsidewing

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 11:48:41 PM »
I can't figure out why Terraforming cost what it does.  It's Aero Blasters with CD music. 

Oooo, Deep Blue.  It can't be that bad, I heard it's coming out on the 360.  Maybe one day they'll get it right.  The Previous 6 Deep Blues have all sucked!

Deep Blue (TG-16) We've all seen this crap shump
Deep Blue - Eternal Deep (PCE-SCD) Thank Godness this was released the same week as LOT and forgotten.
Deep Blue - The Atlantis Saga (SS) - Wow, I could have swore this was just a release of the original with the same PSG music!  Ooo, six button control!!
Deep Blue - Resurrecting the Edmund Fitzgerald  (PSX) Wow.  A lame turn-based RPG that pretty much stole everything but the title from Wild Arms.  I'm glad this never came to America.
Deep Blue - Posiedon Tactics (PSX) - Sadly in the wake of the "tactics" games, this far miss made it to US soil.  If it wasn't for the Burger King kid's meal it came in, I'd never known they made this game.
Deep Blue - Neptune's Fury (PS2)  How do we make a miserable franchise worse after two failed cross overs?  Go back to the original foul tasting formula.  It's a better shit shooter because this time you're a mollusk!

What will the Xbox 360 version be like??  Anyone heard of the working title yet??

runinruder

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 02:09:13 AM »
You can be sure that most of the clowns who spend all that money on Terraforming aren't doing so for the sake of playing it.

I thought Aero Blasters was a much better game.  It was more challenging, had cooler bosses and better music, and it changed things up with stuff like the speed tunnels and gravity effects while Terraforming pretty much just throws waves of boring enemies at you, one after another. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

offsidewing

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 02:41:28 AM »
I like the "bumper bowling" sheild you can get in Aero Blasters.  I've always thought that game was a little underated.

BUT WAIT.  I'VE JUST UNEARTHED ANOTHER GEM FROM A BOX OF OLD STUFF!!

Stuck between the picture of my 6th grade field trip to Washington DC and my Team Photo from my Junior year was a CD+G disc that came with the SEGA CD.  Man, that thing is HOKEY!