Author Topic: YS Book 1&2 Voice Acting  (Read 832 times)

offsidewing

YS Book 1&2 Voice Acting
« on: June 05, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
Ok, remember, I haven't played my turbo games in some time and have only been posting here the last couple months.

I just beat Ys 1&2 for the TG-16 and after the 15 minute ending, I notice the voice acting credits and notice Thomas H. Church.  Nah, it couldn't be the same guy.  Sure enough, it is!  Come on, an Oscar nominated actor doing Turbo voice acting.  Nice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218737/

Keranu

Re: YS Book 1&2 Voice Acting
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:36 PM »
Yeah I know, I was pretty amazed when I found that out as well. Now and days I can't look at him without thinking of Goban!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:37:50 PM »
They really pulled out all the stops for Ys 1 and 2.  Or should I say most of the stops... there are still a couple stiff/lame voices here and there.  But the game also has Michael Bell who voiced many cartoons (he was Prowl on Transformers) and has also been in many TV shows.  They had the dude who did Bumblebee from the Transformers.  Also Alan Oppenheimer was in there as well as some other fools.

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:53:23 PM »
If it weren't for that god damn Tarf and maybe Keith, it could've been perfect!
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

runinruder

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:13:17 PM »
"YOU ANIMAL!"
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:02:17 PM »
"YOU ANIMAL!"
"You know well that I cannot let you do that! YS IS NOW BACK WHERE IT BELONGS! Don't you forget about me; I am the bandit, Goban!"

Joe Redifer

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 02:21:28 PM »
Poor Goban is regulated to ADPCM.  Thomas H Church is not good enough for full CD quality!  Someone should let him know, but he'd probably be sad.

FM-77

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »
I am Thomas Hayden Church, and I do not approve of this!

Expect lawsuits. Many. You'll be able to build a treehouse with all these papers.

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »
Poor Goban is regulated to ADPCM.  Thomas H Church is not good enough for full CD quality!  Someone should let him know, but he'd probably be sad.
The line I quoted was in redbook glory. But you're right, he didn't dserve that muffled ADPCM in Ys I!

"Oh I have heard ab00t your bravery. You are going to Darm Tower for the books of Ys aren't you? If you are truly as brave as they say you are, then the entrance to the tower is just behind this cave. Good luck... you'll need it."

Joe Redifer

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 04:53:24 PM »
Uh, well, almost.  I demand that you listen to it again and update your quote.  NOW.

Keranu

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 04:57:27 PM »
I used to be much better at quoting Ys lines, but I suck at it now :( . My favorite was Darm's speech in the room with the goddesses.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »
Hey, its that guy. Remember? You know, the one in that show Wings.

I got 4 words for you, Telenet Games Voice Acting. I remember laughing at the acting in some Sega CD games and Resident Evil on the PS1, but damn. "Barry!! Where on Earth have you bean?" Yes, she said BEAN and she isn't from some weird part of the US or another country.

Keranu

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »
Haha, what game is that from? Final Zone II? That's hilarious, I don't remember hearing that anywhere.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 07:54:40 PM »
Jill from Resident Evil 1 PS1, Saturn and PC. Damn, I am glad they made the remake on the Game Cube. The GC remake is my favorite oldschool style Resident Evil ever. Resident Evil 4 would have to be the other great title.

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 03:22:06 PM »
I used to be much better at quoting Ys lines, but I suck at it now :( . My favorite was Darm's speech in the room with the goddesses.

You mean "I have suffered ten thousand years of humiliation and I will remember every minnute of it as I avenge my anguish!"?

I always liked Darm's "I am pure evil..." speech and Dalles's "You are a most helpful soul aren't you Adol?" taunt.  :P

"Hey, just cut the conversation. And watch out for my whip".  :dance:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum