Author Topic: YS Book 1&2 Voice Acting  (Read 829 times)

Keranu

Re: YS Book 1&2 Voice Acting
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 03:43:15 PM »
I used to be much better at quoting Ys lines, but I suck at it now :( . My favorite was Darm's speech in the room with the goddesses.

You mean "I have suffered ten thousand years of humiliation and I will remember every minnute of it as I avenge my anguish!"?

I always liked Darm's "I am pure evil..." speech and Dalles's "You are a most helpful soul aren't you Adol?" taunt.  :P
Those were always my favorite speeches too. People usually hold Dark Fact's speech with the highest regards, but I just can't get enough of Darm's and Dalles' speeches. Dalles and Darm are the most badass villians around.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 05:30:49 PM »
I used to be much better at quoting Ys lines, but I suck at it now :( . My favorite was Darm's speech in the room with the goddesses.

You mean "I have suffered ten thousand years of humiliation and I will remember every minnute of it as I avenge my anguish!"?

I always liked Darm's "I am pure evil..." speech and Dalles's "You are a most helpful soul aren't you Adol?" taunt.  :P
Those were always my favorite speeches too. People usually hold Dark Fact's speech with the highest regards, but I just can't get enough of Darm's and Dalles' speeches. Dalles and Darm are the most badass villians around.

Michael Bell made the Dark Fact speech. Without him, DF wouldn't have been nearly as cool on Turbo-CD.  8)

I like how they recorded a gameplay tip as part of the final boss's taunting speech.  :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 07:56:06 PM »

"Hey, just cut the conversation. And watch out for my whip".  :dance:

Alright, look out Char!

Yeah, several of the VA's in Ys 1 & 2 were from TF's & GJ Joe.  And I know one of the chicks, Debi Derriberry, was somebody in Tenchi Muyo.  And ofcoarse, Lowell from Wings!

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 07:59:54 PM »
Some chick in Ys made a guest appearence in Three's Company from what I found out on IMDB years ago. I really want to see that episode! I've probably seen it and just didn't know it was her at the time.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 08:13:10 PM »
Ys 1&2 shows what you can do when putting the effort, into having a game dub right.

Still not much... has change since some companys put the effort in while others don't.

Btw even afther "watching the videos on youtube for the remake i still feel the 'music on the PCE/TG16 version is perfect.

It didn't make sense for falcom to change it in the frist place.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Black Tiger

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 01:15:25 AM »
I think that Ys had decent voice acting more so because they used a real actual pro voice director than just because they hired real actors.

Some chick in Ys made a guest appearence in Three's Company from what I found out on IMDB years ago. I really want to see that episode! I've probably seen it and just didn't know it was her at the time.

Lilia is She-Ra. I believe that Dalles is Nemesis on Saber Rider. Maria is Darkwing Duck's daughter.

The narrator/Darm of course is Skeletor and I remember episodes of TNG with Alan Openheimer and Michael Bell(both guys are in everything). I always think of Michael Bell as Duke from GI Joe before anything else.

I don't think I've ever looked up their history on imdb or anything before though.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:28:01 AM by Black_Tiger »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 03:45:08 AM »
Dark Fact should have given a speech about not getting into cars with strangers and then yelled "Yo Joe!" before the fight.

offsidewing

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
Dark Fact should have given a speech about not getting into cars with strangers and then yelled "Yo Joe!" before the fight.

Because knowing is half the battle...

Black Tiger

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »

I liked how in the first episode, Duke and Scarlet do some flips to dodge the lazers fired from a Cobra jet and he winds up jumping on top of and rolling on her.

She says "Hey, why didn't you just say 'watch out'?".

His response: "Didn't you read my green sheet? I'm a man of action".

Even as a kid I knew exactly what he was talking about.  8)

TR0N

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »
Or saying PORK CHOP SANDWICHS!

Still it would be silly if it turn into a psa by gi-joe.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 07:37:45 PM »
Look at all your different colored hats!

malducci

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 04:20:14 AM »

"Feena" pic.... some kinda milf.

Anyway- way back when, I used to prank call people with the audio from Darm and Dalles. The one I did the most (and had the best responses) was the clip were he's taking about ringing the bell's death toll. People would get freaked out by that one.

Thomas Haden Church? I wish I hadn't known that...

Keranu

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »
Anyway- way back when, I used to prank call people with the audio from Darm and Dalles. The one I did the most (and had the best responses) was the clip were he's taking about ringing the bell's death toll. People would get freaked out by that one.
That is so radical! You wouldn't happen to have recorded some of these conversations, have you :D ? If not, perhaps all of us should try this!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 09:12:09 PM »
But what if you call someone who doesn't know a "girl Maria"?  Also Keranu, be sure to call from your home phone.  Nobody has CallerID these days.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2007, 01:27:49 AM »
Remember Gallion from the Lunar games, whether it be Sega CD or PS1? He had a really good voice that fit with the cocky attitude of the character. He was the same voice actor that did lots of narration in other games from working designs. "Once again, the world will be mine on a delicious half-shell."