Author Topic: Well, I got my first japanese PC Engine card.  (Read 339 times)

MotoRoaderMike

Well, I got my first japanese PC Engine card.
« on: June 07, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Detana!! TwinBee. But I have nothing to play it with on my US TG16 yet, but I just got it, because I was on a TwinBee kick when I did, and just decided to snag it anyway, before somebody else did. I wish I had a HuCARD converter so I could play it. I'd also like to eventually acquire "Ninja Ryukenden".

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Keranu

Re: Well, I got my first japanese PC Engine card.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:41:41 PM »
Hey nice to see you again, Mike!

TwinBee is a neat game and I think you'll enjoy the PCE port. If I were you, I wouldn't bother with a converter as they are too expensive and not as reliable. It's cheaper and better to either mod your system or buy a PC Engine system.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 12:43:39 PM »
Hey nice to see you again, Mike!

TwinBee is a neat game and I think you'll enjoy the PCE port. If I were you, I wouldn't bother with a converter as they are too expensive and not as reliable. It's cheaper and better to either mod your system or buy a PC Engine system.

That'd be cool to get a japanese PCE in addition to my US system, but I don't really got that much money. How much does a japanese PCE usually sell for in the USA? How do you mod a TG16 to play japanese PCE titles?

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 12:50:53 PM »
An original white PCE is usually around $80-100 I'd say, but a cheaper option would be to get a PC Engine Core Grafx (Or Core Grafx II), which practically looks the same, except it's black with blue text that says "CORE GRAFX" and it has AV ports and those go for around $50-80.

I'm not entirely sure how to mod a region switch yourself, but if you check or post in the mod forums you'll probably find a lot of information. Modding it yourself cost about $20 in parts if I recall or you can send it to someone to get mod, which can be around $60.

I know most of the options aren't really cheap, but converters themselves can easily go over $100 and there are only one or two of them that are really reliable and even those have problems I think.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

FM-77

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 12:54:06 PM »
Detana!! Twin Bee rules. The PCE one is decent. Good buy!

offsidewing

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »
I've been trying to track that beast down myself...

TR0N

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 02:59:56 PM »
Send it here if you want it modded MotoRoaderMike
http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca

Not like having a, PCE is a waste but when a system is modded to play both 'it saves on the clutter  :wink:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

termis

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 05:58:25 PM »

Or go bug grahf.  Looks like he's been doing some good things with people's machines lately.

TR0N

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 06:10:58 PM »

Or go bug grahf.  Looks like he's been doing some good things with people's machines lately.

Hm i didn't know he modded them i wounder what he offers.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

FM-77

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 02:30:25 AM »
Please sell me Detana Twin Bee. Please please.