Author Topic: Turbo Duo: too many pack-in games?  (Read 2534 times)

SNKNostalgia

Re: Turbo Duo: too many pack-in games?
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2007, 09:04:46 AM »
Ahh my favorites from Cowboy Bebop are "Mushroom Samba", great trippy stuff. Then my other one was "Toys in the Attic", basically a parody to Alien the movie. One of the best anime series of all time. I have been getting into Samurai 7 lately, which I have been enjoying so far at volume 3.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »
You should, Cowboy Bebop is one of the most well written pieces of entertainment I've ever come across.  The characters are all amazingly real, the dialog is incredible, and it has probably the single best ending out of any anime I've seen (it just fits the series so perfectly).  It might help if you watch it in Japanese- the american voice actors are actually pretty good, but Spike and Ed's japanese voice actors fit them way better I thought.

Meh, not a fan of subs. All the things you said are great about CB, that's why I hated back then. Back then my animes were supposed to either be comedy or just plain action, CB was just too serious. It didn't even have giant robots to back up the seriousness like Gundam Wing did.

But now, great dialog and plot is what I'm looking for, so I'll give it a go.

MrFulci

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »
Seeing as this thread trailed off, I'll add to it.

I've never been much into japanimation. I have enough other hobbies, and movies I like, so it's probabyl a good thing I don't add much mroe to the mess.

I recall Unico pretty clearly from the mid 80's, parents had it on Beta. It's still sitting in a basment somewhere, I'd like to give it another viewing sometime as I recall it being a decent movie. It's been a long time.

I can't recall turning down japanimation/anime/whatever when someone was watching it, as long as it was not "kids stuff" (Dragon Ball, sailor moon, that type of stuff). When I had access to free video store rentals, sometimes I'd take home animation after work. that wasn't very often as the store didn't carry much of it. Sometimes I'd find it a bit dull, such as Ghost in the Shell... I do recall a few surprises with animation tapes, such as Devil Hunter Yohko, ahhaha. That was probably 10 years ago. I recall at the start of the video some girl rubs a guys leg, and it's a close-up of his pants as they become, "fuller".  It was not what I was expecting.

All this reminds me of year 2004 or 2005, I was in a mall buying a few gifts for December holidays. A clerk at a store walked up to me and asked if I had been to _______ convention, and if I was _________. I asked her to repeat herself. She explained it was an animation festival, she thought I was someone she met there. It took a moment for her to understand it wasn't me, haha.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Kitsunexus

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2007, 01:29:55 PM »
Seeing as this thread trailed off, I'll add to it.

I've never been much into japanimation. I have enough other hobbies, and movies I like, so it's probabyl a good thing I don't add much mroe to the mess.

I recall Unico pretty clearly from the mid 80's, parents had it on Beta. It's still sitting in a basment somewhere, I'd like to give it another viewing sometime as I recall it being a decent movie. It's been a long time.

I can't recall turning down japanimation/anime/whatever when someone was watching it, as long as it was not "kids stuff" (Dragon Ball, sailor moon, that type of stuff). When I had access to free video store rentals, sometimes I'd take home animation after work. that wasn't very often as the store didn't carry much of it. Sometimes I'd find it a bit dull, such as Ghost in the Shell... I do recall a few surprises with animation tapes, such as Devil Hunter Yohko, ahhaha. That was probably 10 years ago. I recall at the start of the video some girl rubs a guys leg, and it's a close-up of his pants as they become, "fuller".  It was not what I was expecting.

All this reminds me of year 2004 or 2005, I was in a mall buying a few gifts for December holidays. A clerk at a store walked up to me and asked if I had been to _______ convention, and if I was _________. I asked her to repeat herself. She explained it was an animation festival, she thought I was someone she met there. It took a moment for her to understand it wasn't me, haha.

1. OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT UNICO! "Sing a song, of meow meowmeow meowmeow!"

2. Saying Ghost In The Shell is "dull" is like saying Adolf Hitler was a "bad man". GITS is EXTREMELY f*cking boring. I love the art, I love the remix of the theme, but every time I try to watch it I nearly fall asleep.

3. Sailor Moon pwns. No one should be afraid to admit that.

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2007, 02:26:31 PM »
I just want to randomly throw in that Cowboy Bebop is one of the greatest shows ever made imo. So many good episodes. There isn't much slow down in the series either maybe 1 or 2 bad episodes but the rest is pure classic.
My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

Kitsunexus

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2007, 04:21:14 PM »
One of the episodes I remember that put a bad taste in my mouth was a really boring one about some kid with a possessed harmonica or some shit like that.

Sorry to go off-topic off-topic, but does anybody remember Outlaw Star? It was like, my second favorite, next to Tenchi Universe.

TR0N

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »
One of the episodes I remember that put a bad taste in my mouth was a really boring one about some kid with a possessed harmonica or some shit like that.

Sorry to go off-topic off-topic, but does anybody remember Outlaw Star? It was like, my second favorite, next to Tenchi Universe.
Outlaw Star ok i all most wish for a follow up on it.

As for Tenchi Universe decent but it doesn't beat the original Tenchi Muyo.

Ok i think this thread got derailed enough with how much talking about, Anime berings the dork out in every one  :wink: :oops:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2007, 05:54:47 PM »

If it doesn't beat it, it ties it. The only inferior series is "In Tokyo" and I use the word inferior loosely. I haven't seen GX and I am DYING to.

TR0N

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2007, 06:18:49 PM »

If it doesn't beat it, it ties it. The only inferior series is "In Tokyo" and I use the word inferior loosely. I haven't seen GX and I am DYING to.
That i can agree on Tenchi in Tokyo feels tack on and trys to hard with the humor.

Afther, Universe that was enough for me i still feel tokyo is the worst one in the serise.

Still i feel universe falls second to, Muyo while the character's roles are turn around... i just feel it's missing some thing to compare to muyo.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 06:36:00 PM by Tron »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2007, 11:38:59 PM »
Another thing is that Cowboy Bebop is a lot better on DVD. They edit things on it when it is played on Adult Swim. Of course, now it doesn't play on CN anymore as far I have seen lately. Same goes for Samurai Champloo as it is edited a little as well, which it is an decent series.

I always liked Rouroni Kenshin Wandering Samurai. Adult Swim also didn't do it much justice as it is a 75+ episodes.It has a long line of villians and a lot of personal things happening to the main characters. It is aimed more for the 13 and up crowd as there isn't any slicing people in half, but it is a fun series with cool characters. I got all the DVDs before they did the damn box sets. Samurai 7 I got up to volume 3 but I bet they have a box set for it by now.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2007, 08:00:09 AM »
I always liked Rouroni Kenshin Wandering Samurai. Adult Swim also didn't do it much justice as it is a 75+ episodes.It has a long line of villians and a lot of personal things happening to the main characters. It is aimed more for the 13 and up crowd as there isn't any slicing people in half, but it is a fun series with cool characters. I got all the DVDs before they did the damn box sets. Samurai 7 I got up to volume 3 but I bet they have a box set for it by now.

Screw the series, The movie is AWESOME. Kenshin's a PUSSY in the series.

GUTS

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2007, 10:42:49 AM »
Kenshin wasn't a pussy, he just stuck to his guns.  That was the first really long series I've ever watched, man that was a great show.  The Shi shi oh saga especially was one of the coolest things ever.

Top notch animes with extremely good writing and characters-

Planet ES (incredible series, probably the most well written anime ever)
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Berserk
Future Boy Conan (gets a little goofy here and there, but overall one of the best series I've seen)
Samurai Champloo

Kitsunexus

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »
Samurai Champloo

I hate most hip-hop.

Keranu

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »
I like The Flintstones.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ccovell

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2007, 04:28:01 PM »
I like Turbo games; let's talk about them.