Author Topic: I think I did well winning this Ebay auction...  (Read 508 times)

jimid2

I think I did well winning this Ebay auction...
« on: June 11, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »
Having a Turbo Express again got me thinking it might be nice to buy a TG16 so I could play on the Tele when I get the chance (rarely, but still...) so I started watching some Ebay auctions and won this one tonight:

TG16 and games on Ebay

Granted, I've already got a few of the games, but once I've received everything I'll try and put Splatterhouse, Bonk's Adventure, Bloody Wolf, Devil's Crush and Raiden up for trade here and see if I can't get anything I still need in their place... I'm particularly happy about getting Military Madness and Ninja Spirit in this package, as they're two of my "must have" games...  Still, I'm not entirely sure about pricing yet, though I've watched a few Ebay auctions of late, but I feel like I got a pretty good deal here.  :)

Black Tiger

Re: I think I did well winning this Ebay auction...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »
The games are worth a ton. Maybe not in cash money anymore, but thats most of the best Turbopchips in one lot.  8)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Turbo D

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:03:32 PM »
Thats a pretty good deal, I've seen less go for more recently. All those games are good too.

termis

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:31:42 PM »
Damn good selection of games there!

nat

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 04:50:25 PM »
Now that's a good deal regardless of how you slice it.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 10:04:48 PM »
The TurboPad still has the plastic guard on the front which you can choose to peel off.  That means there is no risk of AIDS from somebody else's fingerprints!!!

terrormask

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 10:58:11 PM »
Now let's see how long yours get's shipped. I'm still waiting on my turbografx-16 package and I've already waited 5 weeks! I contacted paypal to help me out on this because all my other packages I ordered recently found my address fine.

jimid2

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 12:51:10 AM »
Now let's see how long yours get's shipped. I'm still waiting on my turbografx-16 package and I've already waited 5 weeks! I contacted paypal to help me out on this because all my other packages I ordered recently found my address fine.
The seller contacted me about 30 minutes after I'd paid yesterday, thanking me and stating that he'll ship on Wednesday... His feedback's good, so I'm optimistic, but we'll see...  :pray:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 03:44:20 AM »
That's is indeed a damn fine deal.  Hell, that would still be a decent price without the TG-16.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 04:16:43 AM »
Sometimes on ebay you get a good deal. You got a lot of good fun coming your way   :)
My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

nat

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 06:10:21 AM »
The TurboPad still has the plastic guard on the front which you can choose to peel off.  That means there is no risk of AIDS from somebody else's fingerprints!!!

There's nothing more satisfying in life than peeling off that plastic.

malducci

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 06:49:30 PM »

There's nothing more satisfying in life than peeling off that plastic.

I sooo agree :wink:  I do it to other peoples stuff too. Some people are clueless that it's even on there.

Keranu

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »
Oh god yes that does feel good come to think about it. It makes the controller look really fresh and clean too!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

jimid2

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 02:54:28 AM »
Well I received everything and I'm amazed - I don't think that this TG16's ever been used, even though it has no box... The games are in very good condition, but not new - they're clean and complete for the most part but there were few sleeves and a couple of the HuCard clips were broken in the cases. Still, all the cards themselves are very clean with no wear or dirt on the connection pins... The system itself, however, is simply impeccable, with the plastic still on the top of the controller and over the "TurboGrafx 16" logo that's on the back port cover! The joystick port is still nice and tight too...  :mrgreen:

...but I'd forgotten how freakin' short the controller leads are on the TG16! Oh well, I guess I'm in search of some extensions. I can't believe anyone ever sat this close to their TV to play video games...

I spent about 2 hours playing Splatterhouse and Devil's Crush last night - great games on a great system. My wife walked by and snickered a couple times and watched me playing Splatterhouse long enough to make a passing comment about simple games for simple boys, then went back to Pokemon Pearl on her DSLite and generally let me be...  :wink:

All-in-all, I'm ecstatic with the purchase - it's great to have this hardware in my hands again!! Now to start shopping for a Duo...  :mrgreen:

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 04:20:48 AM »
...but I'd forgotten how freakin' short the controller leads are on the TG16! Oh well, I guess I'm in search of some extensions. I can't believe anyone ever sat this close to their TV to play video games...

While waiting to track down a Turbo Cable, you can just use a cable tv cord to hook the rf switch across the room to your TV.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum