Author Topic: Last US Games?  (Read 1504 times)

MrFulci

Re: Last US Games?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 02:35:19 AM »
Yeah, offsidewing's game-time must be expired...

About the Dungeon Explorer 2. I never had both to hold up and compare to each other, however, from what I recall the CD looked no different than the earlier release. The later release had the same quality printing on the CD.

TZD sold it in a plain jewel case with a xerox of the instruction manual.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Turbo D

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 03:13:35 AM »
I seen one of those on ebay about a week or 2 ago, haha.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 03:16:57 AM »
Cheap bums should have sprung for printed manuals and liner - any competent disc replicator will print 'em up dirt cheap.  I wonder if TZD retained the rights to reprint any other games, or if they even had the legal right to reprint DE2.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

vestcoat

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 07:30:48 AM »
Cheap bums should have sprung for printed manuals and liner - any competent disc replicator will print 'em up dirt cheap.  I wonder if TZD retained the rights to reprint any other games, or if they even had the legal right to reprint DE2.

IIRC, Steve said that Hudson reprinted the game and that TZD "talked them into it".  I'm surprised that they didn't even bother with rear insert.  I would have been pissed.  Does anyone have an image of the reprinted disc?

kenomac78

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 01:38:59 AM »
so then what would it take to get TZD to start reprinting more CDs? mabe with the succes of the wii VC then maybe we could see some new CDS hit the street

offsidewing

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 02:42:01 AM »
Everyone relax, I'm here!

The disc of my DE2 re-print from the late mid-90's looks like the original disc.

shubibiman

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 08:02:24 AM »
The last japanese hucard game was 21 Emon, released in 1995.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

vestcoat

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:47 AM »
Well there`s alot of experts in here that will disagree with that :mrgreen:.Think we have it narrowed down to either Magical chase or world sports competition for the last hucard.

I dug up a few old flyers and mailings I received in 93 that may shed some light on this.

One is the issue of TurboForce that came out January 93.  In the back there is a calendar that lists upcoming games.  Obviously, this isn't a definitive source and they didn't stick to the schedule, but here is what they listed for Turbochips:
Feb:  Darkwing Duck, Hero Tonma, and World Sports Comp.
March:  Bomberman 93
April:  Magical Chase and Battle Lode Runner.  Also the SCD version of Bonk 3 was scheduled this month.  No mention of the Bonk 3 Hucard is made anywhere in this issue. 

I also have a flyer from TurboZone (?) advertising the "New TG-16 Software Line-Up!"  Out of the 19 Hucards, Darkwing Duck and Hero Tonma are included but not World Sports.  This indicates that World Sports Competition probably came out later than February, or at least later than DD and HT.  Bonk 3 and Magical Chase are also missing from this flyer.

Another release schedule, this comes from the Club Duo Video Game Catalog, Vol. 1, 1993 (only turbochips are listed):
Jan:  Darkwing Duck
Feb:  Hero Tonma, World Sports
March:  Bomberman 93
July:  Magical Chase
August:  Bonk 3, hucard
October:  Battle Lode Runner

I believe that the Club Duo catalog was printed after the January issue of TurboForce because Bonk 3 SCD is strangely absent from the listings of cd games and because the release dates are later than the Turboforce list.

If this is true, the Club Duo catalog is the most accurate and Bonk 3 was the last turbochip on its schedule that actually came out.  The fact that Bonk 3 also has a different box design from any other hucard seems to support this.  After the Turboforce issue was printed, they probably decided to release Bonk 3 as a hucard first and the SCD version was pushed back, finally being released in 94 after the demise of the Duo.

US
Last Turbochip:  Bonk 3--Aug 93(?)
Last CD:  Terraforming
Last SCD:  Bonk 3--94
Last Official Printing:  Dungeon Explorer 2--96
Last Homebrew:  Meteor Blaster--04
Last US Release, Any Format:  Battle Lode Runner, VC--07

Japan
Last SCD:  Dead of the Brain--99
Last Hucard:  21 Emon--Dec 94

esteban

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2007, 10:53:43 AM »
Well there`s alot of experts in here that will disagree with that :mrgreen:.Think we have it narrowed down to either Magical chase or world sports competition for the last hucard.

I dug up a few old flyers and mailings I received in 93 that may shed some light on this.

One is the issue of TurboForce that came out January 93.  In the back there is a calendar that lists upcoming games. ..

Here you go...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:04:17 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Turbo D

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »
that link said that I was forbidden to view it

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 06:38:38 PM »
Well, I do remember buying Darkwing Duck, beating it & returning it(getting my 50 bucks back in the process) & getting Bonk 3.  So, I know, if not the same week, they had to be maybe one week after the next.

kenomac78

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2007, 07:42:52 PM »
but that only means that the store had darkwing duck in stock at the same time as bonk 3 it does not prove the order of what came out at what time . 

esteban

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 03:07:04 AM »
that link said that I was forbidden to view it
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the page scan? Tell me what error screen appears (do you see a stack-of-HuCards image?).
  |    | 

Turbo D

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 04:28:51 AM »
I see a stack of Hucards and it says:

" this page is unavailable (sorry mate) You don't have permission to access to this document on this server, but you can return to www.tg-16.com if you'd like. Error 403: You are forbidden to see this page. "

nat

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2007, 04:30:05 AM »
From work using Internet Exploder under Windows X-Crap I can't see it (shows the HuCard stack image and says I'm forbidden) just like these other gimps.

But from HOME, using Firefox under Mac OS X I can see the page scan just fine.

Go figure.