Author Topic: Last US Games?  (Read 1496 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Last US Games?
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2007, 07:06:19 PM »
It seems like anyone I've talked to that would have some knowledge on the matter, like Torgo, I believe have all said that CF3 never got into WD's hands.  I think they had some kind of liscensing problems from Telenet for some reason.  And yeah, Dangerous Dimensions(aka Dangerous Journey's), it seems like that game was in the works for atleast a year or so as far as I can tell.  I remember then changing the name slightly after some time, & I seem to recall to big deal about one of the guys that was involved with it, but that's where my memory stops. :-k

Black Tiger

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2007, 08:44:39 AM »
Has anyone ever actually seen any pictures of Cosmic Fantasy 3?You would think something would of surfaced over the years.I say no work ever began on it.If someone can prove otherwise than I will bite my tung.I did actually see some pictures of dangerous journeys.I have no idea what the game was about or anything.

I've seen screenshots of Shockman 2 and WD's Neo Geo ports title screens. But even pictures don't equal anything real.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

turbofan1

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »
Dude you actually seen pictures of Shockman 2?Yeah I remember the two neo ports that Working Designs was going to do.Which where World heroes and king Of Monsters 2.But it was probably just what they call vaporwar.

Black Tiger

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »
Dude you actually seen pictures of Shockman 2?Yeah I remember the two neo ports that Working Designs was going to do.Which where World heroes and king Of Monsters 2.But it was probably just what they call vaporwar.

They were just shots of Shubibinman 3, but there was a real write up about it as if it was coming out in a few months.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »
Well, originally WD was going to release Shubibinman 3 as Cyber Twins.  But TTI got the rights to it first, which is why it was gonna come out as Shockman 2, but, like with Dungeon Explorer 2, WD was going to handle the voice acting.  From what I've understood about the 2 Neo Geo games, they were indeed finished, but they will never be released, as WD didn't see them being profitable to release.

Black Tiger

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2007, 01:14:47 AM »
Well, originally WD was going to release Shubibinman 3 as Cyber Twins.  But TTI got the rights to it first, which is why it was gonna come out as Shockman 2, but, like with Dungeon Explorer 2, WD was going to handle the voice acting.  From what I've understood about the 2 Neo Geo games, they were indeed finished, but they will never be released, as WD didn't see them being profitable to release.

I still won't believe that the Neo ports were that far along until something substantial gets leaked since nothing other than the title screens was ever shown.  :P

kenomac78

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2007, 01:18:40 AM »
this is also what i heard about CF 3, that it was finished, but that the turbo market was over and could not turn a profit. and that  now telnet is long gone and cant be released anyways today

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2007, 07:14:18 PM »

I still won't believe that the Neo ports were that far along until something substantial gets leaked since nothing other than the title screens was ever shown.  :P

I'm just going by memory, of what Don or Leroy Shirley(I get them mixed up) told me about them.  Basically, he said World Heroes was done but cancelled(& was relatively cheap to make, I believe he said SNK did it themselves, as Victor was good friends with the Pres. of SNK USA), because they figured it wouldn't make enough profit, because they were banking on TTI releasing the Arcade card & World Heroes 2.  Dumb logic to me, as I know I would've bought it without a doubt, but, I guess I can kind of understand.  King of the Monsters 2 wasn't released, because TTI didn't release the Arcade card......which the game required.  Basically, he said that, with the amount of memory needed for the game, a it needed to reload various stuff, after moving a screen or 2 over.  So they banked on TTI releasing the Arcade card.  Which is ironic.

This is all I know, & I wish I could talk to him again....if he'd remember me after all these years........as I'd love to somehow get a copy of them, unless he was full of crap :-k

kenomac78

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2007, 09:01:56 PM »
its a mystery for the ages and  even when it happened not to long ago. i guess the puzzle will never truly be solved.   

i say the arcade card  would have HAD to be a near free giveaway if these games had a shot of any sales at all. i have never even SEEN a usa 3.0 card before  the arcade card would have been even harder to get im sure if it wasnt shipped with a game.

what a great year 1994 COULD have been

guyjin

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2007, 02:21:04 AM »
Well, it would have been logical for NEC to pack in the SCD card with the first SCD games (in a special combo pack) but they didn't do that. So I doubt they would have gone that way with the ACD.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

kenomac78

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2007, 01:30:56 AM »
but a majority of games were 3.0 after that card came out. even after the arcade card , not many games were made compared to the 3.0 so it would have been good business to sell that card  seperatly, but the arcade card in america, i am not so sure

esteban

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2007, 10:04:56 AM »
I did actually see some pictures of dangerous journeys.I have no idea what the game was about or anything.
Here is something:

Dangerous Journeys - TurboForce #4 (Spring 1993)
Continued. Lots of unreleased (in US) titles... King of Monsters, Spriggan, World Heros, Lodoss War, Macross, etc.. (Not sure how many of these TTi was serious about... I'm sure it was a lot of wishful thinking).

Still, it would have rocked if these games were released.

There was another screenshot or two of Dangerous Journeys in EGM or GamePro (I have it and will post it one of these days)...

I looked up DJ & Gygax and wrote about it somewhere (here, or magicengine, or somewhere...), but I couldn't find any solid info on the TG-16 Dangerous Journeys game. Sadly, I can't even remember what I wrote a year or three ago. I suppose I should look it up now...

EDIT: Well, I haven't looked for anything, but I do recall "Dangerous Dimension" being mentioned in at least one of the later TG-16 promotional videos. "Dangerous Dimensions" = "Dangerous Journeys". Other than that, I can't remember a thing.

EDIT 2: Holy crap, check out the last post in this thread.

Yeah, it was originally on the Necropolis book when it was released. Then came Wizards and Warriors (or whatever it was called, I forget).

But get this:

In the back of the Dangerous Journeys Necropolis, there was an ad for Dangerous Journeys the Video Game for Super Nintendo and an IBM compatible PC (made by Electronic Arts). There was also listed a game version for the new Turbo Duo (a game machine made by Turbo Technologies) game by TurboGrafx (on CD!)

All of these video games used the same Parkinson artwork, by the way.

Now, I don't know for sure, but I wonder if when Dangerous Journeys went by-by (bought by TSR at the time), was the game held onto by the creator, then finally revamped enough to avoid any similarities to Dangerous Journeys and then released as Wizards and Warriors?

Anyone else shed any light on this?

Can anyone here elaborate on this. I want to get scans of this Necropolis book! Woohoo!

EDIT 3:
Col_Pladoh     09-05-02 04:07 PM
Re: Re: Re: Questions for Gary

Quote:
Originally posted by Dahak

Hi Gary!

Was the CRPG in question the Dangerous Journeys game that was advertised back in some of the old DJ books as coming for the Turbo Grafx 16/Turbo Duo game console? I remember debating about buying the console at the time, in anticipation of the game's release (thankfully I did not).

Howdy!

No, the bogus lawsuit filed by T$R back in the 90s closed the door on the deal we had with Nontendo/JVC. After that I did a number of CRPG designs, two of which that were oprioned for development but never got into production for reasons not related to the game itself.

Anyway, the material I am speaking of was not one of the two game designs sold, but rather one that was a stand alone product. I never got it far enough along to do a formal proposal to any publisher. After the second CRPG (after the MYTHUS ONE) was accepted, word came on a Monday it was going forward into development, and on Wednesday we were told the company was sold and all projects were being canned, I decided I would return to paper games once again... Thus that design, along with some 20 or so others is lauguishing somewhere in this place, in disk limbo if you will.

Gary
It is very likely the screenshots for Dangerous Journeys were mock-ups. Oh well...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:42:53 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
I did actually see some pictures of dangerous journeys.I have no idea what the game was about or anything.
Here is something:

Dangerous Journeys - TurboForce #4 (Spring 1993)
Continued. Lots of unreleased (in US) titles... King

Only one of the games on that second liked page was ever released.  :P

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2007, 06:41:02 PM »

So which one do you not count as a game?  Vasteel or Exile: Wicked Phenomenon?  :P
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2007, 04:42:54 AM »

So which one do you not count as a game?  Vasteel or Exile: Wicked Phenomenon?  :P

I couldn't make out Vasteel, as it was consumed by the wall of Working Design 'releases'.  :P