Author Topic: Last US Games?  (Read 1516 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Last US Games?
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2007, 06:50:56 PM »
No soup for me!  403 Forbidden in Firefox on XP.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2007, 06:55:32 PM »
but that only means that the store had darkwing duck in stock at the same time as bonk 3 it does not prove the order of what came out at what time . 
No, cuz I bought Darkwing Duck, right when it came out.  Or atleast very soon after it came out.

kenomac78

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2007, 04:57:55 AM »
you can just go thru the webpage to find these magazines, but all the pages themselves of the  later issues  link to nothing :(

guyjin

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2007, 07:50:07 AM »
In the interest of not starting a new thread (and the PCEFX tradition of not allowing a thread to remain on topic) I may as well ask here: Does anyone know how many TG16s/duos were ever sold?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

kenomac78

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2007, 02:21:53 AM »
yea i would like to know the amount of sales for he tg 16base system. cd add on duo and express as well as top selling and worst selling games

greedostick

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 01:59:30 PM »
From memory, it seems like I picked up Beyond Shadowgate around February & Dynastic Hero around March or April.  Just to give some more info on release dates, since I bought them right when they came out.  As for Bonk 3, it came out either on the same day, or a week later, as Darkwing Duck.  Because I remember picking up Darkwing Duck right when it came out, but then returned it immediatly for Bonk 3.  Infact, I may have had a choise between the two initially, & opted for DW unfortunatly.  So, DW & Bonk 3 might be the last 2.  But, World Sports Competition sticks in my mind as being pretty late in the game as well. :-k

Yes, my dyanstic hero manual has a ad in the back for Beyond Shadowgate that says on sale now. So that must mean Dynastic hero came out after beyond shadowgate.

Black Tiger

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 08:31:09 AM »
From memory, it seems like I picked up Beyond Shadowgate around February & Dynastic Hero around March or April.  Just to give some more info on release dates, since I bought them right when they came out.  As for Bonk 3, it came out either on the same day, or a week later, as Darkwing Duck.  Because I remember picking up Darkwing Duck right when it came out, but then returned it immediatly for Bonk 3.  Infact, I may have had a choise between the two initially, & opted for DW unfortunatly.  So, DW & Bonk 3 might be the last 2.  But, World Sports Competition sticks in my mind as being pretty late in the game as well. :-k

Yes, my dyanstic hero manual has a ad in the back for Beyond Shadowgate that says on sale now. So that must mean Dynastic hero came out after beyond shadowgate.

I know that many other games for various consoles have advertised 'now available' games that were either released much later or never released at all.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

runinruder

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 11:30:39 AM »
yea i would like to know the amount of sales for he tg 16base system. cd add on duo and express as well as top selling and worst selling games

The "Game Doctor" had a column in EGM near the end of the Duo's life, and someone wrote in and asked him about the unit sales of the 16-bit systems.  For the various Turbo systems he gave a cryptic "under a million" response. 

EGM also printed Babbage's monthly top ten game sales lists for a time, and they included Duo sales at some point.  It was embarrassing to see Legendary Axe and Vigilante on it, as again, this was at a time close to the system's death.  Cosmic Fantasy 2 topped the list I saw.  Shape Shifter was on it as well.

Anyway, while I have no evidence to support my assertion, I think it's safe to say that Bonk's Adventure was the best selling US Turbo game, with Legendary Axe also among the top three.  Ys probably took the crown for CD games.     
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

greedostick

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2007, 01:07:58 AM »
You think y's had the most sales? Maybe if you count the ones packed in with the duo system. I never see the y's games floating around with the map. Everytime I see them they are the ones in the white jewel case. I would probebly go with cosmic fantasy 2 or addams family. Seems like every turbo grafx system lot on ebay has one of these games in it. If you are counting pack in games then I guess y's would win. You didn't really have a choice in owning the game though. I would assume the game is to good for it to actually have sold alot of copies outside the pack in of the system. It has been my experience that crappy games sell the most cause most people do not play rpg's. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the addams family or even it came from the desert. Possibly cosmic fantasy 2.

PhilBiker

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2007, 12:16:47 PM »
Opera 9 reports

You don't have permission to access to this document on this server,
but you can return to www.tg-16.com if you'd like.

Error 403: You are forbidden to see this page.
Wonk-wonk-wonk.  Where are your true friends at times like this?  Right here!  Wonk-wonk-wonk.

sideshow

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2007, 06:11:36 AM »
I look back at the SCD early releases and I remember that TTI sold Shadow of the Beast and Shapeshifter BEFORE the actual Super System Card 3.0.  I had to just listen to the music for the games before I could play them.  Of course I had the original Turbo Grafx with CD attachment.  Not sure if the Turbo Duo was released before the Super System Card 3.0.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 06:13:40 AM by sideshow »

esteban

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2007, 08:57:05 AM »
I look back at the SCD early releases and I remember that TTI sold Shadow of the Beast and Shapeshifter BEFORE the actual Super System Card 3.0.  I had to just listen to the music for the games before I could play them.  Of course I had the original Turbo Grafx with CD attachment.  Not sure if the Turbo Duo was released before the Super System Card 3.0.

Yes, the Duo was released before the 3.0 Card was released. I tried to buy the 3.0 Card + Gate of Thunder package ($100) as soon as I received a flyer in the mail. Repeated calls to TTi over a few months resulted in the same old story: "Sorry, we don't have the 3.0 upgrade yet."

The Duo was available, SCD games were out, and I couldn't play them because I only had TG-CD. Bastards!

----------------

For the folks who weren't able to view the page scan earlier:

TurboForce Magazine (January 1993) -- List of some of the final games to be released...

This link should work. I was overzealous in my efforts to prevent hotlinking...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 09:05:52 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

kenomac78

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2007, 09:26:46 AM »
they mentioned cosmic fantasy 3!  the day i got the working designs newsletter that the turbo was a goner in their eyes and that CF3 in english was never going to be was seriously the end of my childhood, it was so devestating to me! i still get broken up  inside about it

guyjin

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2007, 10:20:17 AM »
Do we have any idea how far along they were before they gave up on it?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

turbofan1

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2007, 05:16:23 PM »
Has anyone ever actually seen any pictures of Cosmic Fantasy 3?You would think something would of surfaced over the years.I say no work ever began on it.If someone can prove otherwise than I will bite my tung.I did actually see some pictures of dangerous journeys.I have no idea what the game was about or anything.