Author Topic: Godzilla US version come with a white CD case?  (Read 813 times)

cho_aniki

Godzilla US version come with a white CD case?
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

I was wondering whether anyone who has this game in its US incarnation ( Turbo Duo) can tell me if this game comes with a white rather than a black CD case?

I am asking this because I see one for sale on Ebay but it looks peculiar as I have never seen a US SCD release with a white case, and I suspect the case may have been swapped.

Also, if anyone is selling this game please get in touch.

vestcoat

Re: Godzilla US version come with a white CD case?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:24:56 PM »
Nope, Godzilla should have a black holder in the jewel case.

BTW, my US copies of Valis 2 and Final Zone 2 have white cases, is this how they were released?

esteban

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:41:15 PM »
Nope, Godzilla should have a black holder in the jewel case.

BTW, my US copies of Valis 2 and Final Zone 2 have white cases, is this how they were released?
No. The white cases must have been swapped. I used to swap white cases (I'd steal them from my dad's classical CD's) because I thought they were kooler. But no, Valis 2 and Final Zone 2 came in standard jewel case gray.

I don't know about Godzilla -- never owned it.
  |    | 

cho_aniki

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:45:43 PM »
   Yes, the white cases for Final Zone 2 and Valis 2 are normal, I have the same and bought them both new and sealed.  The reason I was wondering about Godzilla is because I have never seen one on a SCD game, although some of them boxed CD games had them.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 05:55:22 PM »
My Godzilla is in a black (dark gray) case and my Final Zone II is in a white case.  Both were bought brand spankin' new and sealed factory fresh.  I don't have Valis II, so I can't corroborate that one.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »
My vallis 2 is in a white case, don't own the other ones.

vestcoat

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 06:08:40 PM »
My vallis 2 is in a white case

my Final Zone II is in a white case...bought brand spankin' new and sealed factory fresh.

Yes, the white cases for Final Zone 2 and Valis 2 are normal, I have the same and bought them both new and sealed.

Well, well, well...who has the swapped cases now, 'ay Steve? :dance:

No. The white cases must have been swapped...Valis 2 and Final Zone 2 came in standard jewel case gray.

vestcoat

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »
US White Cases
4-in-1 Disc/Gate of Thunder
Final Zone 2
Implode
Meteor Blaster
Valis 2
Ys 1-2, Duo version

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 07:58:07 PM »
US White Cases
4-in-1 Disc/Gate of Thunder
Final Zone 2
Implode
Meteor Blaster
Valis 2
Ys 1-2, Duo version
YOU'RE THE MAN! I was just about to suggest that we make a list of white cases and you already did it! Are you sure Final Zone 2 comes in a white case though? Mine is black and the case looks just like any other TGCD case.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 12:47:51 AM »
I've never received a white case with any brand new sealed game(real games, not pack-ins or homebrewed), bought in person from a real store back in the day, or even mail ordered since.

I do have a NOS Lords of the Rising Sun that came without shrink wrap which could've been easily rewrapped had the internet seller invested in a roll of shrinkwrap and a heat bar.

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

cho_aniki

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »

Keranu's comment about Final Zone 2 is interesting, I wonder if only certain batches may have been released with the white case?  I am positive about mine having come with a white case as it was purchased brand new and sealed, however it is a Canadian release, perhaps this has something to do with it?

MrFulci

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »
Games that I own with a white case:

- Valis 2
- Final Zone 2
- Implode
- Meteor Blaster

I have one of my Y's 1 & 2's packed away, along with my Gate of Thunder's original case (printed a CD tray liner for GoT, and have CD in that case). Though, from what I recall, GoT 3in1 was also a white case.

There are other odd things with some Turbo games. Such as Champions Forever Boxing. There are 2 different Hu-Cards for that one, one is mostly black, the other mostly red... I think....

There are also 2 different Y's 1&2 CD's. One reads Turbo Grafx CD on the CD, the other reads Turbo Duo.

That's about all the peculiarities that I know of off hand.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

FM-77

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »
There are also 2 different Y's 1&2 CD's. One reads Turbo Grafx CD on the CD, the other reads Turbo Duo.

The original release (with box) had a black case, whereas the one that reads Turbo Duo (which was a pack-in for that system) has no box and a white case.

Y's

Ys.

nat

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 12:48:46 PM »
Geese!

MrFulci

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 01:02:29 PM »
I dug out a box of Tg-16 extras I have.

The copy of Y's/Ys/whatever (haha) 1&2 I received with my Duo has a black tray. I received my Duo new from TZD in the mid 90's, and it was shrinkwrapped.

The CD's have different printing on them, one is Turbo Duo, the other Turbo Grafx. The tray inserts appear identical.

My Hudson Music CD, which I received new, has a white tray.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".