Author Topic: Godzilla US version come with a white CD case?  (Read 803 times)

esteban

Re: Godzilla US version come with a white CD case?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 12:04:09 AM »
I'm not saying it is impossible for some of the games to have come in a white jewel case -- but I bought everything new from the store and I honestly do not remember any white cases. Maybe Valis 2 / FZ 2 did come in a white case? I distinctly remember swapping Monster Lair for a white case, otherwise, everything is a blur.

Oh well. I wouldn't make a very good eyewitness account.

I guess we should ask folks who've been looking for Valis 2 / FZ2 if they've frequently encountered white jewel cases for these particular games.
  |    | 

runinruder

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 12:35:46 AM »
I bought my Valis II new back in the day, and it definitely, 100% positively came in a white case.

My Final Zone II, which I bought used later on, also came in a white case. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

esteban

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 12:54:53 AM »
I bought my Valis II new back in the day, and it definitely, 100% positively came in a white case.

My Final Zone II, which I bought used later on, also came in a white case. 
If that is the case (no pun intended!), then perhaps Valis II and FZ 2 inspired me to swap-in white cases for other games? That would explain things, but I honestly don't remember what I was thinking.
  |    | 

MrFulci

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 03:06:54 AM »
esteban,

Different colour trays were probably used. Perhaps after the white tray ran out, they used black, or vice-versa. At one point, maybe they ordered white trays by mistake? Received a good deal on white trays, as opposed to black trays?

It doesn't matter much to me. Considering others also bought stuff new and received a different colour (My Ys Duo pack-in had a black tray, while my GoT had a white tray.). I've never heard of or seen a Godzilla with a white tray, though...
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 04:31:14 AM »
esteban,

Different colour trays were probably used. Perhaps after the white tray ran out, they used black, or vice-versa. At one point, maybe they ordered white trays by mistake? Received a good deal on white trays, as opposed to black trays?

It doesn't matter much to me. Considering others also bought stuff new and received a different colour (My Ys Duo pack-in had a black tray, while my GoT had a white tray.). I've never heard of or seen a Godzilla with a white tray, though...
Yeah, but the pack-ins don't qualify as a standard release. I don't expect the pack-ins to conform to a standard like the regular commercial releases. If, as it appears, Valis II and Final Zone II were commercially released in white jewel cases... well, shucks, I wish that had set a precedent. I wish all the releases had white cases... including the HuCards! I think that would have been neat. Of course, I am easily amused...
  |    | 

MrFulci

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 04:50:59 AM »
Final Zone 2 and Valis 2, both may have had additional printings.

I mention this, as somewhere along the line there was probably a second printing of Champions Forever Boxing. CFB has Hucards with red decals, and some with black decals.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

FM-77

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 10:34:04 AM »
This thread makes it reeeally obvious you guys have been talking too much about the PCE/TG by now. :wink:

esteban

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 04:37:28 AM »

I mention this, as somewhere along the line there was probably a second printing of Champions Forever Boxing. CFB has Hucards with red decals, and some with black decals.

I have both HuCards. Don't ask.

OK, I was hoping that there was a second printing to fix an error of some sort (ROM), but I don't think that was the case. Of course, I haven't played the game for more than 20 minutes...
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 05:50:36 AM »

OK, I was hoping that there was a second printing to fix an error of some sort (ROM), but I don't think that was the case. Of course, I haven't played the game for more than 20 minutes...

So you've finished it then?   :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 07:23:05 AM »

So you've finished it then?   :wink:
:)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 08:48:14 AM »
If that is the case (no pun intended!), then perhaps Valis II and FZ 2 inspired me to swap-in white cases for other games?
[/quote]
PUN TOTALLY INTENDED! That was an awesome pun! :D

Despite the sheer nerdiness of this discussion, it really is quite fascinating. Personally I agree with Mr. Fulci and just think they produced both colored cases for some games.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).