Author Topic: How should I sell this?  (Read 529 times)

notagamer

How should I sell this?
« on: June 15, 2007, 04:53:33 PM »
Hi, I'm new in these parts. I'm not really a gamer, I was but I'm old school. I was around when the Pong arcade machines arrived on the scene and were unlike anything we'd ever seen! I had an atari2600 and then 5200, nintindo and then came the Turbo Duo. I remember the excitement of it, Getting my $300 presale ticket at TRU and being one of the few who actually bought the system. I also remember the lack of new games and such.

After the Duo something happened, not sure if I grew up or if there was just nothing new and different or what but gaming kind of lost intrest for me. I kept my Duo though and every couple years would take it out to reminice :) And I still enjoy it. I like it better then the new systems, I guess I'm just old school.

But the time has come. I'm moving and need to get rid of everything I can so I have bare minimum to move. I actually didnt realize there were others who loved this little machine as much as me. Nor did I realize there was a demand for the machine and the games. I did some net searching and thats how I found your forum. I've been reading a lot and really enjoyed the trip back, so thanks.

Now I have a question, if I sell my machine and games am I better off (meaning getting more $$) by selling as a lot or should I sell the machine in one auction and then each game seperate? The console is in great condition, plugged it up to try and it works great, has some shelf wear but not bad. Still have the original packing and box and I think all the documentation that came with it. I did notice mention on this site of a magazine coming with it and I don't believe I have that. I've got the ninja spirit card and booklet and the bonk.revenge/gate cd and the Ys I&II cd which should of course go with it. All cables and the controller are present.

The games I have (besides the ones with the console) are,Devils Crush, Galaga '90, Final Lap Twin (loved that game!), Loom and Splatterhouse. So I know it's all a matter of opinion but which way do you guys think I'd be best off selling them? Thanks for your help!

By the way it was really great to see a community dedicated to the turbo systems! I'm really glad there are still people out there who appriciate them! I sure wish NEC had done a better job at promotion, we might be looking at lines of people waiting at walmart for days to get the new TG10 instead of PS3 :) Keep the legend alive!

cho_aniki

Re: How should I sell this?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:12:49 PM »

I suppose it depends on how complete the games are.  Generally speaking though, I think you are likely to get more by selling the games separately.  If you have complete boxed games ie. with absolutely everything they originally came with ( instructions, case + cardboard box-with the exception of Loom of course which didn't have one), they should fetch a very good price on their own on Ebay, especially Devil's Crush, so I would definitely sell them separately unless they are loose Hu-cards.

Your system, seeing as you still have the original box, will fetch a good price regardless.  That's my opinion anyhow. 

notagamer

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
Thanks for replying! I don't have the cardboard package. I didnt even remember they came in cardboard packaging. They are in the original CD cases and have the instruction books with them. The books are in great condition as I wasn't much on reading instructions :)

I swear, now that I've takn it out I'm not sure I can bring myself to sell it! LOL What a great system this was!

grahf

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »
Here's an idea. Maybe you should hang on to it for a bit longer, and check out the HUGE japanese PC Engine game selection. The SCDs are not region protected, so almost everything except the few Arcade Card games will work. There are some fantastic games out there, most of which can be played with no knowledge of japanese. They hold their value pretty well, so you can always re-sell if you really want to in the future.

Stick around for a bit. Most people on the forums here are pretty decent folk.

nat

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 04:34:47 PM »
Most people on the forums here are pretty decent folk.

Most.

The rest of us will find a reason to make fun of you.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 06:27:34 PM »
You'll should get the highest price selling separately, but it might not be worth the extra hassle.  Any way you look at it, the boxed Duo will bring big bucks.

If Hudson (hardware) and TTI had survived, what would the PC-FX have been called if brought to the US?  I like the sound of a TurboGrafx 32.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 06:28:38 PM »
It would be called the 32FX and would get sued by sega  :dance:

nat

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 07:21:25 PM »
HyperGrafx. Or HyperGrafx FX.

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 08:26:01 PM »
If Hudson (hardware) and TTI had survived, what would the PC-FX have been called if brought to the US?  I like the sound of a TurboGrafx 32.
A wonderful question, brother! I think it would've been Turbo Graphix 32. TTi would've figured that "Grafx" looked too early-90's, so they had to evolve it a bit to fit in more.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

notagamer

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »
Most people on the forums here are pretty decent folk.

Most.

The rest of us will find a reason to make fun of you.

Don't worry I can take it, and dish it out too ;)

nat

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 05:43:08 PM »
Good answer!  :clap:

notagamer

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 12:48:39 PM »
Well I made the decision to sell. Money is needed more then games right now (I know, blasphamy right, sorry) I don't want to try and rip anyone off on them so I started them each at .99 the bidders will determine the sell price.

I have to wait on the system a day or two because it seems the controller wasn't in the box. I am assuming its in my box of accesories which is in my storage space so as soon as I get it that will be listed as well. Also at .99 to start.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions and suggestions. I really appriciate it!

FM-77

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 12:57:29 PM »
You can probably get 200 dollars or more for the console.

Turbo D

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 02:24:19 PM »
Don't worry about starting them at .99, items always get what they are worth or maybe even more  :)

notagamer

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 04:15:24 PM »
You can probably get 200 dollars or more for the console.

That would be sweet!