Author Topic: Turbo Zone Direct's BOGO Sale  (Read 697 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Turbo Zone Direct's BOGO Sale
« on: June 22, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »
Quote from: E-Mail directly from TZD
Let the Summer begin with our famous BOGO sale!

That's right Turbo fans, it's time again for the sale you've been waiting for! From now until the end of July every item in our stock is on sale. You've seen it before, so here it is, perhaps for the very last time. Buy ANY in-stock item at our regular price and receive another item of equal or lesser value for HALF PRICE! There are no limits on the number of items you may purchase. Nothing held back but some quantities are running very low, so as they say, hurry in for your best selection.

You must add BOGO to your order in the comments section or you will not receive the discount. We will adjust the prices before your credit card is ever charged.

All of the usual blah-blah-blah restrictions apply, mainly that we can refuse any order for no good reason, but hey, that's not like us.

Feel free to call or send an email if you have any questions; we're here for you.

Since 1994 TZD has been your number one source for brand new, factory-sealed Turbo gear. We have sincerely appreciated your support and hope to be here for many more years.

Sale's on now, so get some brand new goods while they're still in stock.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

Re: Turbo Zone Direct's BOGO Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:01:04 PM »
That really pisses me off. I buy from TZD on average only once or twice a year.

I just placed an order in excess of $100 no more than five days ago with them.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 05:05:52 PM »
:(  Oooo, that's crappy timing nat.  :(

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 08:27:53 PM »
It's Bogo time. I needed another copy of Lords of Thunder, especially a new one. Now, what other game should it be. That does seem to be the only good game out of the list. Oh well, some game.

nat

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »
Forgotten Worlds is pretty cool.

Or, get Implode if you don't already have it. I don't remember offhand what else is on there.

I would say get Meteor Blaster too, but I was never a big fan of Asteroids and thus have avoided it so far.

nat

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
:(  Oooo, that's crappy timing nat.  :(

I've decided to go back and place a second order so that I can take advantage of the sale and so I won't feel quite so lame.

I omitted some controllers, extension cords and a copy of Shanghai II from my last order due to the high cost.

Oh, well, I'm still a little bitter though.

Bake

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 05:34:43 AM »
I have not played my turbo in awhile, most likely because I have not gotten any new games for it lately.  So, I've decided that I should buy 2 new games with this BOGO sale for TZD.  There are three games I have in mind: Forgotten Worlds, Prince of Persia, and Riot Zone (I pretty much have all the other games of their list except for Sim Earth and Sherlock Homes.  I'm not really interested in those though).  I have never played any of these games.  Out of these 3 games, which 2 should I buy?  I heard a lot of bad things about Prince of Persia, so right now I am thinking of buying Riot Zone and Forgotten Worlds.  Any input?  OR maybe all three are worth buying??
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 05:36:45 AM by Bake »

nat

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 07:40:37 AM »
I'd go the other way and get Prince of Persia and Forgotten Worlds.

Forgotten Worlds is a must though, either way. It's a pretty good port of the arcade. I've been playing a lot of it lately.

TR0N

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 03:07:20 PM »
Damn TZD has it's sale and i can't buy any more games this month.

Oh well... dunno about next month either i got a convention to go to by then.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 03:21:58 AM »
Out of these 3 games, which 2 should I buy?  I heard a lot of bad things about Prince of Persia, so right now I am thinking of buying Riot Zone and Forgotten Worlds.  Any input?  OR maybe all three are worth buying??

Nat's right - Forgotten Worlds is a must.  Riot Zone looks good but it's easy, single player only, and isn't as good as Final Fight or Streets of Rage.  Prince of Persia is..... well Prince of Persia.  It's hard to describe the gameplay, but the Duo did get one of the better console ports.  Go check out youtube to decide which game looks like more fun.

kenomac78

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 04:35:25 AM »
the first time i played riot zone i beat it! i thought  it would be like final fght. it sort of was but i never saw a game that was that easy before

Joe Redifer

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 08:03:26 AM »
Same here, Riot Zone is insanely easy.  Still I'd like to have it in my collection, but $30 is about $25 too much for that game, and there is absolutely nothing else on the site I want.

vestcoat

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 08:34:20 AM »
Where the hell did they get more Turbo Express units?!?
Damn, this means I have to wait even longer before I can sell my stockpile for $400 a piece! :evil:

:wink:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 08:53:55 AM »
They probably didn't - they aren't exactly vigilant about site updates.  I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron's work is never used to update tzd.com.

kenomac78

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 11:07:34 AM »
but riot zone can be had for about 5$ on ebay. i think ebay maybe extended the life of tzd and without it none of those games would still be in stock. except for lords of thunder the games they have left arent very good and worth the full price when they can be had for less, way less.