Author Topic: Duo RX Questions  (Read 428 times)

FM-77

Re: Duo RX Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 08:27:12 AM »
Duo R/RX systems are more CD-R friendly than the regular Duo systems.

They both use the same laser eye part -- it couldn't be any different, could it?

There is no difference. At all. There is, however, an evil rumor that states that Duo-R lasers are better than Duo ones, and that Duo-RX lasers are better than them all. Lies, all lies. They all use the very same HOP-M3 laser unit.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 08:33:23 AM »

They both use the same laser eye part -- it couldn't be any different, could it?

The only chance of them being slightly better on average is due to age - newer often means less use and stronger laser.  Otherwise, it's essentially the same guts in a different wrapper.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »
Wow,So you from PR too,I never imagine a PCE Programer to be from here Puerto Rico. :D
My wife and I live in Isabela, we used to live in Camuy but we moved outta there a few months ago.

It is but i prefer English and when will be Ready,
We plan on releasing Mysterious Song on November 9th of this year, it's in beta testing right now and so far, the beta test team is doing one hell of a good job. :)

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 12:05:20 PM »

There is no difference. At all. There is, however, an evil rumor that states that Duo-R lasers are better than Duo ones, and that Duo-RX lasers are better than them all. Lies, all lies. They all use the very same HOP-M3 laser unit.

It most likely must have to do with a better CD controller system. This way, you get better error correction and better response from the lens. This also prevents the laser from wearing out as bad. My regular Duo's laser went out fast when playing some not so good CD-R discs. I bought two lenses to fix this problem. From here on, I am definitely staying away from bad burns.