Author Topic: Duo RX Questions  (Read 424 times)

Kouki

Duo RX Questions
« on: July 01, 2007, 02:21:04 AM »
Im new to this,Im thinking to getting a Duo RX soon,But i have few Questions about this system.

I heard that the Duo RX Disk drive is Region free is this true?

I also heard that this system plays CD,CD+G,Kodak photo cds is this true?

Please and Thanks

Also anyone knows any good games for it,Like:DraculaX.R Type,ect

Monster Bonce

Re: Duo RX Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 02:31:08 AM »
Yes, it's region free.

It'll play CDs and CD+G. No idea about Kodak Photo CD but I doubt it.

Dracula X will cost you a lot of money. See here for games reviews: http://pcengine.co.uk

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 03:08:01 AM »
No photo CDs, but it will play burned PCE discs (downloaded games, for instance).

Kouki

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »
Thanks for the anwering,

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
Lords of Thunder is as good as any game, its the perfect show piece/tech demo and its cheap to buy.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Kouki

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »
Yeah is one of my wanted list,Are you selling one.Also can you tell some other good games.I want to get some other games with my Duo RX.

sideshow

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 02:42:05 PM »
Get Beyond Shadowgate, the game is an absolute joy to play.  Its a graphical point and click adventure which really shows off the power of the Turbo Duo.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 03:22:26 PM »
You can buy Lords of Thunder brand new at the turbo zone direct website for $30. There are also some other decent titles. If your lucky you can get Dracula X on E-bay for $60-$80, but otherwise it can be $100.

Watch out for ISO burn copies downloadable on the internet. Many can be incorrect images. You will get out of sync CD tracks and some games just don't run right or at all. This could damage the lens in some cases. Duo R/RX systems are more CD-R friendly than the regular Duo systems. Luckly, my Duo plays them really well if burned right and with good media. The systems read in sectors like magnetic disk instead of by tracks like a Sega CD or 3DO for example. So the tracks have to have the right pregaps, postgaps, and time lengths to work with CD sound correctly.

nodtveidt

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »
Tis cool to see someone else on the forum from Puerto Rico. :D

Recommendations? I'm sure plenty of people will have differing opinions, but there are a few "essentials" that every Turbo/PCE fan must have! :D

CD:
The 3-in-1 disc so you can play the awesome Gate Of Thunder!
Lords Of Thunder (of course!)
Ys I & II

I would also recommend Cosmic Fantasy 2, Exile, and Vasteel, though these might be hard to get ahold of. Of course, most Duo fans consider Dracula-X to be "the game to own", it's very good, but in high demand and costs a lot of money.

HuCard:
Keith Courage In Alpha Zones! Even if you don't like it, it's a must to own it! :)
Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge (you get them both if you have the 3-in-1 CD listed above)
Neutopia (best Zelda clone you'll ever see!)

The Duo can't play Kodak photo CDs but it can play CD+G discs.

Is Spanish your native language? We at Frozen Utopia are producing a new RPG for the Duo called Mysterious Song, and it's playable in both English and Spanish. ¡Te va gustar! :)

Kouki

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 03:58:19 PM »
Tis cool to see someone else on the forum from Puerto Rico. :D
Wow,So you from PR too,I never imagine a PCE Programer to be from here Puerto Rico. :D
Thanks for the recommendations il look into those tiles. :D

Is Spanish your native language? We at Frozen Utopia are producing a new RPG for the Duo called Mysterious Song, and it's playable in both English and Spanish. ¡Te va gustar! :)
It is but i prefer English and when will be Ready,

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »
Interesting, I lived in Puerto Rico for almost 6 years and then the US Virgin Islands for 2 years. I lived in Ceiba which is also known as Roosevelt Roads Navy Base. I lived on the base 1983-1986 and again 1989-1992. I loved it there growing up as a young child. The only place to buy games and stuff was EB Games in Fajardo around 92 when it just opened. That is where I got my copy of Cadash for my TG-16. I only could rent games for NES at a small rental store name Brisas Video Rental. I used to windsurf at Luquio beach, fun times. I think that is spelled correctly.

Kouki

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 04:15:35 PM »
Interesting, I lived in Puerto Rico for almost 6 years and then the US Virgin Islands for 2 years. I lived in Ceiba which is also known as Roosevelt Roads Navy Base. I lived on the base 1983-1986 and again 1989-1992. I loved it there growing up as a young child. The only place to buy games and stuff was EB Games in Fajardo around 92 when it just opened. That is where I got my copy of Cadash for my TG-16. I only could rent games for NES at a small rental store name Brisas Video Rental. I used to windsurf at Luquio beach, fun times. I think that is spelled correctly.
Cool,I live in Fajardo now but before i live Luquillo Vistas(Luquillo is the correct word of Luquio).My sister Works in the Base which is now a Air force Base.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:19:29 PM by Kouki »

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 09:20:59 PM »
Wow, I thought they shut it down for good in the late 90s or something. Is the whole base intact or did they just pick a chunk? I take it they kept the airfeild haha. I used to live in officers housing 24 Cabot Rd. It was nice having free transportation every 30 minutes on the buses.  I used to get in so much trouble riding off and not comming back till the curfew for kids. I remember great experiences at the arcade room in the PX/NEX store and also the bowling alley. Great times when games like Street Fighter 2, Fatal Fury and Ninja Turtles arcade came out. Also, we had a nice community center for kids with a projection TV, pool tables, basketball court along with Ninja Turtles and The Simpsons arcade games. I am overwhelmed with good memories. It seems like I almost forgot about it all since it has been quit a while.

I remember when Wal-mart, Blockbuster and EB Games came to Fajardo in 92 or so. It was great have a shopping center closer than San Jaun and other places. Ever go to Calabra, nice island and Coola Brita (again forgive my spelling if wrong)? Can you still get fresh pan de agua for $1 at the little bakeries?

Kouki

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 11:44:06 PM »
Wow, I thought they shut it down for good in the late 90s or something. Is the whole base intact or did they just pick a chunk? I take it they kept the airfeild haha. I used to live in officers housing 24 Cabot Rd. It was nice having free transportation every 30 minutes on the buses.  I used to get in so much trouble riding off and not comming back till the curfew for kids. I remember great experiences at the arcade room in the PX/NEX store and also the bowling alley. Great times when games like Street Fighter 2, Fatal Fury and Ninja Turtles arcade came out. Also, we had a nice community center for kids with a projection TV, pool tables, basketball court along with Ninja Turtles and The Simpsons arcade games. I am overwhelmed with good memories. It seems like I almost forgot about it all since it has been quit a while.

I remember when Wal-mart, Blockbuster and EB Games came to Fajardo in 92 or so. It was great have a shopping center closer than San Jaun and other places. Ever go to Calabra, nice island and Coola Brita (again forgive my spelling if wrong)? Can you still get fresh pan de agua for $1 at the little bakeries?
Im not sure,I have to ask my sister but the base was shut down and then the Air National Guard Opened it up in late 20'S.No it cost now 1:50 $ but a few still sell it at 1$:)If you mean Culebra no but i wish to go there.

termis

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 07:52:19 AM »
Duo R/RX systems are more CD-R friendly than the regular Duo systems.

They both use the same laser eye part -- it couldn't be any different, could it?