Author Topic: Fighting Street  (Read 1271 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Fighting Street
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »
Cheating is encouraged and required in this game!  Not sure if slow motion will help (I have it on my NEC Avenue 6-button pad but have't tried it), but I'll try anything.  I've actually made it up to Adon in this version.  I imagine I destroyed at least nine controllers fighting him alone.  Actually the number is 0, but it should be 9.

Do the codes only work once, or do they stay in memory since the scores are saved?  I was playing as Ken, maybe they only work for Ryu?

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »
I bet that the Japanese are incapable of pronouncing any words that end with a consonant, so they like to add vowel sounds at the end, like "Fight-o".  At least that's the way it seems to me.  They need to scrap the language altogether and just use English, as it is way better.

Black Tiger, the codes still do not work.  I used .SD which is supposed to do everything.  Select + any direction does nothing at all.

Okay... after discovering that my Turbo-CD Fighting Street is severely scratched I fired up the PC Engine version. My foggy memory led me to believe that you might need to place in the top three or something, so I played until I got first place.

Ironically, the trick to getting a high score quickly is pulling of special moves, they give you like 5000 points or something. :P

Anyways, I put in .LK which I thought was supposed to unlock only 'easy special moves' and tried another fight. I couldn't get it to work either.  ](*,)

Then all of a sudden I had a brainstorm and remembered where I kept the tattered half page of UGC tricks. It only lists the .SD initials, but the key element is that after entering in the initials, there's a code to press at the title screen.

I now remember that this was why I first hung onto this scrap of paper. Because I always saw the trick misprinted in magazines. :P

Anyways, at the title(wall punching) screen press these all at once: Left + I + II + Select. If done correctly you're credits will jump from 3 to 7.

.LK only opened up the stage select feature and I quickly got killed trying to use Select for special moves against Saggat.

There's also a trick here saying to press I or II and RUN 'back and forth'. It says you'll 'get hurt less' because pausing resets the opponent's moves.  :dance:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 07:50:33 PM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

PhilBiker

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 02:57:11 AM »
Friggin' hilarious game.  I actually like it for its pure cheesiness.  Great music!
Wonk-wonk-wonk.  Where are your true friends at times like this?  Right here!  Wonk-wonk-wonk.

TR0N

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 09:39:07 PM »
Friggin' hilarious game.  I actually like it for its pure cheesiness.  Great music!
Agreed oh rats!!

Man was SF Full of engrish.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BonkThis

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 06:20:24 AM »
I've def proclaimed my love of this game before. I totally remmeber playing it in the arcade when it came out, for the time it was inventive and marginally fun but hard as heck (although at the time I dont think I knew about the special moves). I also remmeber playing it long after Super SFII came out and I had mastered that game and I'll be damned even in the arcade the damn moves were hard as hell to pull off.

It's amazing that they were able to pull out such a gem as SFII considering how crappy SF played in comparrison.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 07:31:35 AM »
I cannot see how people who play this game thinks its bad.  What was its competition back then Yie Ar King Fu?

Its of course outdated, but still can be fun.

If you want to blast through it, just put the slow motion on, and the bad guys are virtually retarded!!  while it doesn't effect gameplay for you or change the music.

Great music, OK sound, Good Grafx, and OK Control.

Stop hating on this classic!!

TS 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 08:22:04 AM »
I cannot see how people who play this game thinks its bad.  What was its competition back then Yie Ar King Fu?

Its of course outdated, but still can be fun.

And I can't see how people who play this game think it's good.  I'll agree that the music is good and some of the backgrounds are nice, but the sprites stink, the sound effects are bloody horrendous, and the controls suck hairy goat sack.  It may be the best shit fighter, but it's still shit. 
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 10:56:36 AM »
Yeah even with a PS2 controller playing the arcade version on Cap Classics Vol.2 it is a pain in the ass. I get to Sagat and then get my ass handed to me all the time. Thanks to Art of Fighting 1, 2 and Fatal Fury 1, I am a little use to semi stiff controls, but good god they don't even compare to SF1.

BTW anyone ever sat down and tried to beat the Arcade version of Super SF2 Turbo??? On a scale of 1 - 8 for challenge levels, this game takes you to 10 even if you set it on 1. How the F-ing Shit do you even beat this game??? Perfect plays every single action???? The Japanese version of the Arcade is the only one that doesn't have the impossible challenge level. This makes me want to just buy a 3DO to play it.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 11:09:18 AM »
But the 3DO has crappy controllers, only a single layer of BG scrolling and upscales the 240p to 480i.  What a crap system.  It deserves cancer.  Get Street Fighter Collection on the Saturn instead.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 12:24:28 PM »
The only 3DO pads I hated are the Zadnost pad and the Goldstar one. No complaints about the others.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »
Really?  You liked the "loosen the screws to get diagonals" Panasonic ones?  Capcom also that that weird fighting controller, but I never liked how that felt.  I bought the 3DO when it came out.  $700.  I still have nightmares.  It's one of the only systems I have ever sold (and certainly not regretted).  I really did enjoy Road Rash and Return Fire, though.

Keranu

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »
I enjoy 3DO controllers, I think of it as an improved Genesis pad.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »
I by no means am insisting that the original Genesis pad was suer-awesome, but at least it could do diagonals without effort.  The official Sega 6-button Genesis pads were absolutely super-awesome, though.

Keranu

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 07:27:44 PM »
And super dorky!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 07:43:09 PM »
Not sure where you're coming from, but you like dorky!