Author Topic: For Sale: PC Engine Duo-R : Offsidewing Special Edition.  (Read 694 times)

offsidewing

For Sale: PC Engine Duo-R : Offsidewing Special Edition.
« on: July 10, 2007, 03:37:03 PM »
Whasup my Turbo Homies,

I just received a batch of PCE goodies and I'm sorta cleaning house.

First item is my ghetto painted PCE Duo-R.  Since it's faded poop stained brown color bugged me so much, I sprayed it black.  The duo functions properly, no A/V issues and aside from my Funk Master Flex paint job, is unmodified.  It comes with original AC adapter, a brand new A/V cord from TZD, an Avenue Pad Six, and PCE Duo Pad, a five port tap, and the game Power Golf 2.

Also included is the serial number matching box, which is in pretty good shape.  The internal styrofoam is also included.

I'd like to sell it here on the forums before I'm tempted to put it on ebay.  I'm also not into making money off of my friends, so I'm just looking to recoup my costs. 

$140 plus shipping is my asking price for everything listed.  Picture is below.  I prefer Paypal as payment, but since some people here either hate it, or owe someone money and can't use it, I'll allow established members of the forum to pay with PMO's if advised before hand.

It's first come, first serve.  If a few days go by and there's no takers, I will reluctantly but this puppy on ePay.

offsidewing

Re: For Sale: PC Engine Duo-R : Offsidewing Special Edition.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 03:37:35 PM »
Here's a pic of the box...

Madtapes

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:02:25 PM »
Would you charge extra to ship to Canada?

offsidewing

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 05:13:29 AM »
I charge actual shipping cost to Canada.  I prefer UPS because of complete visibility during the shipment.

$140 US plus shipping.

termis

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »
Stay away from UPS when shipping to Canada (well, this is a bigger deal for those getting the shipment rather than sending the item).

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2392.msg26018#msg26018

nat

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 08:04:57 PM »
Stay away from UPS when shipping to Canada (well, this is a bigger deal for those getting the shipment rather than sending the item).

I agree.

I once shipped an Apple computer monitor to someone in Canada (this was before I knew about duty taxes and all that) via UPS. They got hit with a ridiculous fee due on delivery, and when they opened the box, the monitor was in pieces and the CRT smashed (they sent me pictures).

UPS is horrible, horrible, horrible when shipping from the US to Canada. I've never had any problems shipping within the US though.

Turbo D

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »
hahaha, that is a funny story

offsidewing

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 05:20:42 AM »
My experience with USPS to Canadan hasn't been good, but I'll ship the the Great White North any way they'd like.

offsidewing

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 05:25:09 AM »
Goes on eBay tonight...

offsidewing

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 08:15:13 AM »
Turbo D,

You have a credit on the auction listing.

Here's your fifteen minutes...

Turbo D

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 02:17:30 PM »
wow, that duo went fast!

offsidewing

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »
Two things I've learned from this forum.

It's almost impossible to sell something common.

It's almost impossible to buy anything.

I hate putting stuff on ebay, but it usually sells quickly.

Turbo D

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 04:03:49 PM »
ya, alot of the dudes on here already own the common stuff. but I bet only one dude in the world owns the coveted "offsidewing special limited edition black duo-r!!!!"

jimid2

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 06:10:07 AM »

FYI, the cost in this story isn't "taxes and duty" - that's only 15% of the sale total - it's UPS's stupid "brokerage fees". UPS are pricks, and they nickle and dime you to death if they can. Their "brokerage fee" is on a sliding scale and gets progressively more stupid as the declared value of the goods goes up, for no reason other than they figure they can get away with it. I've payed $50 in "brokerage fees" for guitars shipped UPS from the States before... The real bitch is that there's nothing to "broker", since the shipper fills out all the damned Customs paperwork when they send the parcel off, so basically UPS are charging for dropping a paper someone else filled out in a file folder some where, and they're charging you through the nose for it. Brokers fees with USPS/Canada Post are $5, btw... you're still responsible for the applicable taxes, thought...