Author Topic: For Sale: PC Engine Duo-R : Offsidewing Special Edition.  (Read 691 times)

termis

Re: For Sale: PC Engine Duo-R : Offsidewing Special Edition.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 06:43:57 AM »
FYI, the cost in this story isn't "taxes and duty" - that's only 15% of the sale total - it's UPS's stupid "brokerage fees".

Yeah, that was already pointed out in the thread.  But it doesn't change the fact that the Canadians are getting raped when receiving shipments from out of the border via UPS.

But since you mention "taxes and duty", I still find it just as annoying that I have to pay taxes on personal shipments, whatever the brokerage fees.  I have stories where I had to pay tax on my OWN shit (i.g. shipping whole bunch of my own used books from Japan to Canada as I moved out of that country -- I got hit with a $20 TAX before brokerage fees, and I couldn't do anything about it unless I showed them receipts that those books originated from Canada.  Who saves receipts for used books that you bought years ago?  Total bullshit.)

offsidewing

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 03:12:09 AM »
FYI, the cost in this story isn't "taxes and duty" - that's only 15% of the sale total - it's UPS's stupid "brokerage fees".

Yeah, that was already pointed out in the thread.  But it doesn't change the fact that the Canadians are getting raped when receiving shipments from out of the border via UPS.

But since you mention "taxes and duty", I still find it just as annoying that I have to pay taxes on personal shipments, whatever the brokerage fees.  I have stories where I had to pay tax on my OWN shit (i.g. shipping whole bunch of my own used books from Japan to Canada as I moved out of that country -- I got hit with a $20 TAX before brokerage fees, and I couldn't do anything about it unless I showed them receipts that those books originated from Canada.  Who saves receipts for used books that you bought years ago?  Total bullshit.)

Please!  Someone email this thread to Michael Moore so he'll keep quiet about socialized medicine!  35% Canadian income tax, 15% sales tax.  Socialized healthcare doesn't sound free to me!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:18:17 AM by offsidewing »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 02:37:19 PM »
Oh please. Like $50 in taxes on some useless shit like video games can compare to the cost of colon cancer or a lung transplant. I pay more than $250 a month in insurance, and still I have co-pays. That's way more than I spend on software.