Author Topic: using the pc engine software bible site  (Read 277 times)

CosMind

using the pc engine software bible site
« on: July 24, 2007, 07:31:34 AM »
on the site, is there any consistent and simple way to understand which regions each of the games were released in?

i can't seem to find any logic that illustrates the point.

(of course, it's obvious when a game is released in japan as most of the screenshots show title screens with kanji - but it doesn't say if there was also a u.s. and/or pal release of the same game)

http://www.pcengine.co.uk/

Digi.k

Re: using the pc engine software bible site
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 08:07:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure Sunteam is always looking for ways to improve his site.  your dilemma could be one of them

CosMind

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 08:24:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure Sunteam is always looking for ways to improve his site.  your dilemma could be one of them

great!  i sent him an email via the address on that site.
thanks a ton.

nat

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:27 AM »
The site is in the process of getting a complete overhaul. It's a long process but stay tuned. You probably won't see any updates to the site as it is now until the revamped site is ready.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »
Well, it is the PC Engine Software Bible.  Doesn't that mean that everything on there is from the Japanese release?  :lol:  (just yankin' your chain)

Hopefully, Paul will add some more content for the US exclusive releases.  Only Darkwing Duck, Falcon, Loom, and Order of the Griffon are on there now (I think).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 09:29:16 AM »
I recently sent Sunteam a PM letting him use my YouTube PC Engine videos for his site.

gundarN

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 12:01:43 PM »
It's a good site; but (as always) I don't agree with all of the "reviews". It's an excellent resource though and hope the revamp makes it even better.

nat

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »
It's a good site; but (as always) I don't agree with all of the "reviews". It's an excellent resource though and hope the revamp makes it even better.

An opinion is what it is. :)

But I think one of the ideas behind the revamp is going to be to provide a wider range of opinions on the games.

I'm going to be doing a lot of reviews for the new site in hopes of giving an "alternate perspective" on some titles.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 10:26:07 PM »
Been a bit busy so I only just noticed this thread.

Yup, more US only games are going to be added, yup the focus is on the Japanese releases, yup, the reviews are being split a bit more into overview and comment, erm maybe I'll put a list in for US releases although don't expect them to feature prominently as a) I don't live in America b) This means I've not had exposure to the US games much c) I don't really give a hoot about them although d) they should be in there for completeness, nevertheless I want to avoid e) putting huge flags on the lists and f) having separate reviews for different country releases so things like JJ & Jeff will be either g) be mentioned in passing in the Kato & Ken review possibly, or at worst h) just have the title at the top of the page.

I hope that's clear.  :-"
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 10:30:18 PM »

Please feel free to send me any opinions of your own to add to the site to paul [at] pcengine.co.uk

It may be a (very) long time before the update is done but I'll store it all for use. Many of my reviews are going to be rewritten now, so my own opinions may change.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!