Author Topic: Wii wishes it was PcEngine  (Read 1392 times)

Turbo D

Wii wishes it was PcEngine
« on: August 10, 2007, 09:48:37 PM »
So, I noticed that the wii wishes that it was the pcengine. It had its innards designed by nec and it put itself in a small white box around the size of a pcengine. If that weren't proof enough, It made itself backwards compatible with pcEngine games. Yup, its true.

Joe Redifer

Re: Wii wishes it was PcEngine
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 10:43:48 PM »
It's not backwards compatible.  I put my PCE CDs in there and they do not play.  Instead I am left to play boring Wii games or to pay to download games I already own (wow, GREAT idea!)

Hell my Wii that I purchased in February already needs to be sent back to Nintendo for repair due to video defects.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 02:49:06 AM »
The Wii is for suckers.

lbblue

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 03:07:48 AM »
Anyone unhappy with their Wii : I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands.

esteban

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 04:37:17 AM »
Anyone unhappy with their Wii : I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands.
Same here. :)
  |    | 

nat

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 05:11:52 AM »
My friend runs the highest grossing GameCrazy store in the US and they are getting a shipment of Wiis on Tuesday, one of which he will put aside for me. Yay me! I guess that's only special because technically they are not allowed to do that (first come, first serve).

Hell my Wii that I purchased in February already needs to be sent back to Nintendo for repair due to video defects.

What kind of video defects are you experiencing, Joe?

GUTS

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 08:23:48 AM »
Probably really, really bad graphics and horrible gameplay, but I think those are defects that all Wii owners are experiencing.

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
Probably really, really bad graphics and horrible gameplay, but I think those are defects that all Wii owners are experiencing.
At least us Wii owners can actually play our consoles, unlike say, our 360 owners :P .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 11:58:56 AM »
We can't play our consoles when there is nothing worthwhile to play!  That's like having a working Ford Pinto on a boat out at sea.

Keranu, chaoticjelly is looking for you.  See the NES controller thread in the Turbo repair forum.  Jesus christ where have you been?  And since you feel that nothing should ever be moderated, I'll just throw this out there:  You god damn f*cking son of a f*ck ass!  Your mom is a whore and she had anal sex with George W Bush last night.  f*cking f*ck f*ck!

Nat:
Vertical black lines comprised of flickering dots at random spots around the screen.  This is a known issue at Nintendo and there are even Youtube videos of people experiencing it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »
I had a single vertical line of dots appear on screen while playing Air Zonk. But there were also a couple other glitches too. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems other than the ugly scanlines in Zelda.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Joe Redifer

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 01:32:43 PM »
My lines appear everywhere, even on the Wii menu.  The lines are in different places depending on what the Wii is doing.  For example on the News Channels they are more collected toward the center of the screen.  I haven't played any games since there are none worth playing, but I imagine they show up in games as well.  Regardless, Nintendo offered to replace the Wii outright, but I said I'd rather try and keep what is saved in the backup RAM since I have 99 Miis in there.  So I have to send my Wii to Nintendo (they pay shipping).

Black Tiger, your problem will likely get worse.  Be sure to send it in before a year is up!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 01:34:49 PM by Joe Redifer »

TR0N

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 04:13:20 PM »
The Wii is for suckers.
Sure is why else is it getting lot's of newbies to join here  :roll:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

gundarN

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
At least the Wii is getting you kids playing real games (or at least downloading them).

I don't have a Wii as I already have a PC Engine...

Joe Redifer

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 07:27:29 PM »
I've heard that the PCE/TurboGrafx emulation on the Wii sucks horrendous monkey ass.

TR0N

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 07:34:10 PM »
I've heard that the PCE/TurboGrafx emulation on the Wii sucks horrendous monkey ass.
That, it does with all at dot crawl and crappy scanlines 'it makes your eyes bleed  :roll: :-"

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec