Author Topic: How much do Kisado adapters normally go for?  (Read 1003 times)

kj

How much do Kisado adapters normally go for?
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »
Hey all,

Just curious as to how much a Kisado adapter normally sells for.

I recently posted mine on eBay with a BIN of $150, and, much to my surprise, someone BIN'd it 30 minutes after I listed the auction!

I wasn't aware there was that much demand for them, perhaps I should have asked for more! hahahaha  :dance:

SignOfZeta

Re: How much do Kisado adapters normally go for?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:14:11 PM »
That person was stupid.

nat

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:29:28 PM »
That person was stupid.

that's certainly an understatement

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »
they normally sell for between $50 and $130, well, at least thats what I see them go for. I didn't know that they went for $150 now, haha. Maybe I should sell mine  :-k

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »
Hey some people call me KJ!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

vestcoat

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 03:37:47 PM »
they normally sell for between $50 and $130, well, at least thats what I see them go for.

That estimate may be a little low.  I sold my crappy Barney converter and the bidding went over $70 (and that was 2 1/2 years ago when TZD still stocked Mirai adapters!)  Granted, I had a nice picture and good feedback, but Barney converters are the worst of the bunch and I even described how it often took five minutes of screwing around to get the thing to work.

After the Miria adapters sold out ($99), TZD sold the "secret stash" of their remaining 5-7 Kisados last summer ($150 IIRC) and I've barely seen them anywhere since.  The handful of ones that have turned up are usually part of a larger lot, so prices are hard to judge.  A lot of sellers also mislabel their Springboard and Miria adapters; assuming anything that isn't a Barney converter is a "Kisado."  These days, I'd say that a well-listed Kisado could fetch $200+ if a seller let the auction run for 7 or 10 days.  I saw one go for $250.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:41:29 PM by vestcoat »

esteban

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »
they normally sell for between $50 and $130, well, at least thats what I see them go for.

That estimate may be a little low.  I sold my crappy Barney converter and the bidding went over $70 (and that was 2 1/2 years ago when TZD still stocked Mirai adapters!)  Granted, I had a nice picture and good feedback, but Barney converters are the worst of the bunch and I even described how it often took five minutes of screwing around to get the thing to work.

After the Miria adapters sold out ($99), TZD sold the "secret stash" of their remaining 5-7 Kisados last summer ($150 IIRC) and I've barely seen them anywhere since.  The handful of ones that have turned up are usually part of a larger lot, so prices are hard to judge.  A lot of sellers also mislabel their Springboard and Miria adapters; assuming anything that isn't a Barney converter is a "Kisado."  These days, I'd say that a well-listed Kisado could fetch $200+ if a seller let the auction run for 7 or 10 days.  I saw one go for $250.
Jesus Christ, that's insane.
  |    | 

WoodyXP

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 03:54:29 PM »

Word... might as well just buy a system.

Jesus Christ, that's insane.

Turbo D

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »
Man, I wouldn't pay $250 for a kisado, :lol: I bought one ebay a few months ago for $65.00 buy it now. I guess I lucked out  :mrgreen:

Tatsujin

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 04:08:20 PM »
that's for sure one crazy shit. they do cost almost more than the entire DUO does.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

nat

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 03:33:00 AM »
If I can get $250 for my Kisado I'm going to sell it and use the money to buy a Duo-RX.

I'm serious. I paid around $50 for it "back in the day."

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
that's for sure one crazy shit. they do cost almost more than the entire DUO does.

Almost? Hit Japan regularly has complete Duo Rs for $130.

Converter people are stupid...

Turbo D

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 02:15:46 PM »
converters are cool if you don't like moding your system, but $250 for a converter is stupid, haha.

spenoza

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 03:16:09 PM »
Gee, way back when I bought a Kisado straight from Shadoff it didn't cost that much... Sure, it was unwieldy, but it worked great.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

nat

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 06:13:12 PM »
Gee, way back when I bought a Kisado straight from Shadoff it didn't cost that much... Sure, it was unwieldy, but it worked great.

Yeah, mine still does. I bought it years ago. But back then it was the economical choice. Today, I'm glad I have it because I'm not a big fan of modding systems. But if I was in the same position today, I would definitely go that route rather than the converter. $250 for a converter is simply unbelievable. I can't believe anyone who can function in today's society would actually pay that much.

I'm seriously considering selling mine if I can get $250 for it, though.