Author Topic: How much do Kisado adapters normally go for?  (Read 999 times)

ceti alpha

Re: How much do Kisado adapters normally go for?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 08:25:48 AM »
Prices seem to be going up on that 3 or 4 in one cd

Yeah, I've noticed a couple going around recently that were BIN for around $94. However, I did forget to mention that Valis II and Final Zone II don't have instructions.  :-" hehe. But I was just concerned really with getting some quick Turbo game action goin' on. hehe. We're talkin' over 10 years away from ANY TG/Duo games. The only action I got was from this site and Youtube.  ](*,) And that would just make me want it more. lol  #-o

I still need to get Dracula X and Dungeon Explorer II. DE II goes for pretty reasonable prices I've been finding. Though I think there's an DE II auction up right now for BIN $94.  [-X Which is odd when there is another BIN for $29.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 08:44:57 AM »
DE II goes for pretty reasonable prices I've been finding. Though I think there's an DE II auction up right now for BIN $94.  [-X Which is odd when there is another BIN for $29.

That's the difference between a US and a Japanese release.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 09:50:47 AM »
Ahhhhhh.  :idea: Yes. I think what threw me off is that the cover art is identical. Usually NEC got rid of the cool Japanese cover art and used some of the worst art I have ever been witness to. heh

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there much Japanese in that version? I think I remember reading somewhere that the cut-scenes are in Japanese but the menus are in English (mostly).

Keranu

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 12:16:02 PM »
Hey all.  :) New here. Just bought a Turbo Duo on Ebay after salivating  =P~ over them since they came out. haha. I only had a TG 16 back then. Anyway it is "near mint" and came with the original box. The seller was going to throw in Dracula X for $100 but I wanted to put that money towards other games. Either way I would have had regrets.  :-({|= heh

I bought Gate of Thunder 3..er..4 in one, 3 copies of Y's I and II (one is Jap), Fighting Street, Final Zone II and Valis II for around $60. Not bad I guess. I also nabbed a copy of Nexzr Special Summer Carnival....I LOVE IT!!!  :dance:  and a few HuCard games: Galaga 90, Raiden and Dungeon Explorer.

Anyways, sorry for the sidetrack there  :-# heh.

I think I actually saw that converter up there on Ebay. I was scratching my head over it for a little while, but I've banned myself from buying anymore stuff for a little while after my little Turbo spending spree. hehe. I'm glad I did too though. I would FAR soon grab a PC Engine or a Coregrafx II before buying something like that. Those converters look pretty fragile.

Anyways, I'm glad there is a nice site like this for us NEC fans.  :clap:

Ceti
Congratulations man and that's a kick ass start you have going there!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 07:19:45 PM »
Congratulations man and that's a kick ass start you have going there!

Thanks man.  :) It's just fun to chat with fellow Turbo fans. We're a rare breed.  :wink:

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 01:56:08 PM »
Ahhhhhh.  :idea: Yes. I think what threw me off is that the cover art is identical. Usually NEC got rid of the cool Japanese cover art and used some of the worst art I have ever been witness to. heh

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there much Japanese in that version? I think I remember reading somewhere that the cut-scenes are in Japanese but the menus are in English (mostly).

Its totally playable for english players. You're not missing much since its not a story heavy game, although Working Designs did do a good job on the voices. But the Turbo version isn't worth the price if you're not a Turbo/PCE fanatic who spends a ton of money on the junk.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ceti alpha

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 06:59:01 PM »
But the Turbo version isn't worth the price if you're not a Turbo/PCE fanatic who spends a ton of money on the junk.

Cool. Fanatic is such a relative term though.  :lol: Most of my friends get a kick out of the fact that I shelled out coin for an old console.  #-o hehe. But hey, it keeps me outta trouble during the weekends....sometimes...  :twisted:

Seriously though, I'm the fanatic that would be satisfied playing the PC Engine Duo version.  :) The winter is soon coming and I need some fresh adventure games. Though I have yet to really get into Y's I and II. LET THE SNOW FALL!!  :D