Author Topic: Exile: Wicked Phenomenon  (Read 1570 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Exile: Wicked Phenomenon
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 09:11:45 PM »
OK now I am in some tower.  Just before I enter the tower I fight some lame-ass face on the wall as Lawrence.  If I die, I go straight to Sadler's quest to climb the tower and pink catwomen, etc.  Does it make any difference if I beat the wall-face with Lawrence or not?  How close am I to the end?

runinruder

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »
OK now I am in some tower.  Just before I enter the tower I fight some lame-ass face on the wall as Lawrence.  If I die, I go straight to Sadler's quest to climb the tower and pink catwomen, etc.  Does it make any difference if I beat the wall-face with Lawrence or not?  How close am I to the end?

Well, in the PCE version, I took away all the face's HP and he still wouldn't die, so I assumed it was a battle I had to lose, and stood there and let him kill me.  You'll get to fight him again later. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Turbo D

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 10:07:50 PM »
haha, thats funny that you took away his hp and he didn't die. Man, I have to play this game when I get my duo fixed  :wink:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 06:08:44 AM »
I like it, but it is hard.  However, I've beaten it, so, if I've beaten it, believe me, ANYONE can beat it!

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 09:49:29 AM »
It sounds like you are at the last dungeon.

And yes, Exile: Wicked Phenomenon has some of the coolest cover art!

Quote from: runinruder
Well, in the PCE version, I took away all the face's HP and he still wouldn't die, so I assumed it was a battle I had to lose, and stood there and let him kill me.  You'll get to fight him again later.
Thanks for the info; that's interesting! I tried a similar task in the beginning of Neutopia II when you're fighting that squid thing but I wasn't able to kill him (I even used save states so I could keep going on), even though a life meter isn't shown in that game for bosses.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 11:17:48 AM »
Zeta, in Exile 1 you could stand there and level up as the enemies would reappear.  In Exile 2 once you kill them they stay dead until you exit and re-load the area, so you can't tape down the button.  :(

Ah well...my memory sucks, obviously. I still thing being cheap is the way to win this sucker though.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Now I am pissed.  I amassed all of the experience points possible and it didn't advance my level!!  Loooook!!

What the hell?  Notice my life bar isn't even full.  Talk about cheap!  I don't think it is possible for me to play cheaply.  Those damn man-bat things attack from above and are completely unavoidable.  It takes over 10 tonics to refill my life bar and I can only carry 16.  So by the time I get to the Ark part of the stage I die almost instantly since I have no remaining life.  Are there any Game Genie codes for this game?

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 03:03:39 PM »
I just ordered the PCE version of this game. Sounds like I shouldn't bother messing around with the Turbo version again. :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 03:38:18 PM »
Now I am pissed.  I amassed all of the experience points possible and it didn't advance my level!!  Loooook!!
I remember nodtveidt pointing this out in one of his extensive comparisons of the US vs. JP versions. If the search function on this board wasn't a piece of shite, I'd have been able to find a link to the actual post. Till then...

Exile 2 (JP vs. NA)

and, while we're at it:

Exile 1 (JP vs. NA)
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 03:57:47 PM »
Interesting.  Maybe Nod will come in here and help me beat Exile WP.  I agree that Lawrence is a cakewalk, though.  I beat him on my first try.  That's how much of a man I am.

Keranu

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »
What the hell?  Notice my life bar isn't even full.  Talk about cheap!  I don't think it is possible for me to play cheaply.  Those damn man-bat things attack from above and are completely unavoidable.  It takes over 10 tonics to refill my life bar and I can only carry 16.  So by the time I get to the Ark part of the stage I die almost instantly since I have no remaining life.  Are there any Game Genie codes for this game?
HAHAHA, I remember when that happened to me each time I played it! That's like an itch you can't scratch!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 11:34:47 PM »

I apologize Joe, I should've warned you that it would do no good to level up that last "level" #-o

peperocket

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 01:13:05 AM »
65535, what a funny number, just coded on 16bits !

Turbo D

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 07:12:18 AM »
I started wicked phenomenon today after beating the first one yesterday. Man this game is tuff. The first one was so easy and now this? haha.

nat

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2007, 07:31:04 AM »
Are you playing the US or Japanese version?