Author Topic: Exile: Wicked Phenomenon  (Read 1574 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Exile: Wicked Phenomenon
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2007, 10:00:55 AM »
The Pharaoh boss is rather easy once you know his patterns. The best character for this is Lawrence, since he has high range and power (although he's a bit slow). What you want to do is stay in the middle of the screen during the times where he is up and about. Use the markings on the floor as a "guide", so to speak, to indicate where to stand. Never get too close to him, and don't ever try to attack him in the air. If you are standing right outside of the range of his eye lasers, you should be able to get in a couple of hits when he walks towards you. Just don't move in too close or he'll whack you with his stick. Once he crumbles, swing away at the ball until you see the stick go flying; at that point, stop attacking and be prepared to jump over it when it returns. This is a rather boring, tedious battle (the worst in the game, imo, even worse than the stupid giant flower early in the game).

DON'T use Rumi for this or you will be there all friggin' day. Her knives are weak and hit only 50% of the time. Don't use Sadler either, he doesn't have enough range or power. You could do a little bit of extra damage when he crumbles by using Kindi (about the only time in the entire game where this otherwise useless doofus is actually useful) but it's not really enough, imo, to justify switching characters.

Joe: the usage of multiple tonics can also fully restore your life or hyperboost your stats temporarily. It's a real gamble, but one not really worth taking.

Keranu

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 10:25:44 AM »
You could do a little bit of extra damage when he crumbles by using Kindi (about the only time in the entire game where this otherwise useless doofus is actually useful) but it's not really enough, imo, to justify switching characters.
Actually I think Kindi is really useful in some spots since he is so strong. I've found him to be useful for the mountain area and the boss in the tower in chapter 2.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 12:12:07 PM »
I used Kindi to get through the mountain area.

Turbo D

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 05:23:46 PM »
I'm finally at the  tower of souls, just trying to beat that dijin dude. Thanx for the great walkthrough nod  :mrgreen:

Turbo D

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »
I'm happy to announce that I've beat the game  :mrgreen: Thanx again for the excellent tips Nod, I couldn't have done it without them  :D What an awesome ending too, it really is worth it to finish this game  8).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »
I always hated that about the tonics :P

Keranu

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2007, 07:01:34 PM »
I'm going to follow up on turbo D's latest post and announcement in this thread and declare that I too have finally beat the game 8) . I tried beating it a few times before, but always quit playing at the last dungeon, but I decided to give it enough will power this time and I breezed through it. Thanks to nod for the tips on Dihjin ahead of time! The ending was pretty cool, but I like the first one's ending more I think. Also did the ending of Wicked Phenomenon try hinting that there was going to be another Exile game or at least that evil still exists?
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2007, 07:12:37 PM »
I'm going to follow up on turbo D's latest post and announcement in this thread and declare that I too have finally beat the game 8) .
Good job buddy  :D Now, if only Joe could beat it  :-k

Also did the ending of Wicked Phenomenon try hinting that there was going to be another Exile game or at least that evil still exists?
It sure did, haha.

Keranu

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2007, 07:23:02 PM »
If Joe feels up to it, he should be able to beat it with ease since it's really easy to figure out how the dungeon works. Dihjin was actually really easy for me the second time I fought him.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2007, 07:34:12 PM »
Well I do still have my game save at the last possible place it allows you to save (the town before the last dungeon).  I don't have the bestest weapons yet as I think you find them somewhere near the final boss.  But I have found the next-to-the-best stuff that's near the beginning of the last dungeon. 

Keranu

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2007, 07:42:39 PM »
I didn't find any extra weapons for Sadler past the Tower of Souls, but I was able to kill the bosses fine.

Turbo D

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »
Ya, I didn't have his best weapons either, haha. I think that the final boss was so easy for me because I weakened him with lawrence. I'm sure it will be a breeze for Joe once he gets down a strategy in that tower  :wink:

Keranu

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2007, 08:33:28 PM »
The last boss was easy because he really didn't do anything!  :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention something. When I executed my final attack on the last boss, there was a glitch that like move Sadler back a bit or something and he just kept swinging and missed the boss and this went on for a few seconds and the boss finally died somehow and I think my Sadler was even taking damage (this might be related to other weird bugs in the game where you and the enemy get hurt when you touch each other). I was really scared because I thought either the game was going to get stuck or I was going to die, but thank god it ended. Did this happen to anyone else?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2007, 10:48:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the instruction manual lists weapons that I don't have.  Which weapons do you have?  I'll check to see if I have them.

Turbo D

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2007, 11:39:53 PM »
I have an Idea where Sadler's best weapons are, but I haven't gone to look since I already beat it, haha. But I suspect them to be near the entrance to the hanging garden. There are these flying lions there that you can walk on. I think that you have to follow the trail of them down and then there might be some treasure box somewhere.