Author Topic: Who has the worst taste in games?  (Read 1560 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Who has the worst taste in games?
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2007, 04:36:08 PM »
Please add 3 more votes for Steve from me k thanx.

Keranu

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2007, 07:46:59 PM »
Please add 3 more votes for Steve from me k thanx.
No! I'm supposed to win this poll by a landslide !! Besides I don't think I can vote more than once.  :-k
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 10:54:18 AM »
GENPEI TOUMADEN IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!

Turbo D

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 11:11:59 PM »
Are you sure you're not thinking of its sequel ? :lol:

nodtveidt

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 11:38:14 AM »
Had to go with option #2. Anyone who likes cellphone games is just...ugh. :D

esteban

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2007, 03:52:03 AM »
Had to go with option #2. Anyone who likes cellphone games is just...ugh. :D
Hahhahahahaa.

You know, I recently got Metal Slug and Tetris Mania. So, I have to ask EA: Why can't I customize the difficulty in Tetris? I want to adjust height and speed, goddammit.

And still I persist...
  |    | 

Arjak

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2007, 03:20:34 PM »
HA! I like FMV games and I thought Menace Beach (NES) was mediocre! I beat ALL OF YA!!! :dance:

Okay. Maybe I shouldn't have shared that with you guys...

I may not be a harsh critic of games, but I appreciate what each game does well...

A warning from the poster: Some of my comments coming up, you might not like. Don't read if you are feeling easily offended.

And if you guys think that Gate of Thunder totally pwns the Thunder Force series, I accuse you of all being biased NEC fanboys! [-X

I like Thunder Force! In my opinion, one of the best shooter series on Sega.

So, your ship in TF has weird controls, and it stops on a dime but feels slippery... WTF!? This sounds like whining to me...

So what makes Gate of Thunder so much better than Thunder Force? Can someone explain it to me? I guess without hearing any arguments to support this, it just sounds a little fanboyish...
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Kitsunexus

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2007, 03:54:53 PM »
HA! I like FMV games and I thought Menace Beach (NES) was mediocre! I beat ALL OF YA!!! :dance:

I may not be a harsh critic of games, but I appreciate what each game does well...

A warning from the poster: Some of my comments coming up, you might not like. Don't read if you are feeling easily offended.

And if you guys think that Gate of Thunder totally pwns the Thunder Force series, I accuse you of all being biased NEC fanboys! [-X

So, your ship in TF has weird controls, and it stops on a dime but feels slippery... WTF!? This sounds like whining to me...

So what makes Gate of Thunder so much better than Thunder Force? Can someone explain it to me? I guess without hearing any arguments to support this, it just sounds a little fanboyish...

The soundtrack is better. And soundtrack = 50% of a SHMUP's worth.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2007, 04:10:17 PM »

I pretty much agree with the second part of that statement.  Gate of Thunder has an awesome soundtrack.  But then again, so does Thunder Force 2, 3, and 4.  I prefer the music in TF 2 and 3 to part 4, though.  The melodies are righteous and totally rad.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »

I pretty much agree with the second part of that statement.  Gate of Thunder has an awesome soundtrack.  But then again, so does Thunder Force 2, 3, and 4.  I prefer the music in TF 2 and 3 to part 4, though.  The melodies are righteous and totally rad.

While that may be true, my favorite is Thunder Force V.

Turbo D

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
GoT wins by default for having 3 other games built into the disk, haha, j/k.

fanboyish arguments? Thunder Force was released on Nec hardware, not sega hardware. I think that GoT has better graphx and sound.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2007, 12:14:08 PM »
Quote from: turbo D

Thunder Force was released on Nec hardware, not sega hardware.

Huh?

Arjak

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2007, 12:50:32 PM »
I believe he's refering to Thunder Force 1, which if I remember correctly, was released on an NEC computer. Hardcore Gaming 101 said it had little music (just one song, William Tell Overture if I remember correctly), and overhead stages (ala TF2) only.

According to the arguments used in this thread, that must mean it sucks. :wink:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Turbo D

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2007, 01:56:10 PM »
Yes, that was the one I was referring  :) I thought that it would be funny, especially since everyone really means ThunderForce2 or later when they say ThunderForce  :lol: But ya, part 1 was released on some nec home computer or something like that.

Keranu

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »
The one thing I do like about the Thunder Force games is that there are some pretty cool level designs. I like the composition of the music as well, but I really didn't like the quality of it. Other than that, I think Gates is pretty much superior in every aspect: Graphics - A lot smoother and colorful with really nice background details.
Sound - Really nice sound effects and outstanding unique music
Controls - Super smooth
Gameplay - Nice and straight forward with lots of cool enemies to destroy, incredibly sweet level layouts (none of that dead openness of TF), and big bosses.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).