Author Topic: System Card Questions  (Read 183 times)

kid_rondeau

System Card Questions
« on: August 26, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »
So, I have a TG-CD with Super System Card 3.0. I also have an Arcade Card Pro.
Since I don't have a Duo, I was wondering if anyone could answer these questions with any certainty:

What happens when you power up a Duo with:
-no chip in the slot?
-a TG-CD System Card 2.0?
-a Super System Card 3.0?
-an Arcade Card Pro (using a converter or region-modded system)?

And also, has anyone actually tried to use the Arcade Card Duo with the TG-CD? I'm assuming you get the same "not enough memory" message you'd get with versions 2 or 3, but I'd just like to know if anyone's tried.

Keranu

Re: System Card Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:13:29 AM »
Nice questions.

Quote from: kid_rondeau
-no chip in the slot?

It boots up the Super System Card 3.0 screen.

-a TG-CD System Card 2.0?

I'm pretty sure it boots up the System Card 2.0 screen. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm fairly positive on that because I remember people who do this so they can check out the cool wrong system card screen for games.

-a Super System Card 3.0?

Again, I think it boots up the card.

I know a few people have down this, nodtveidt in particular, and I think it works overall. On the other hand, it seems like I recall there being problems when booting it up with a converter.

And also, has anyone actually tried to use the Arcade Card Duo with the TG-CD? I'm assuming you get the same "not enough memory" message you'd get with versions 2 or 3, but I'd just like to know if anyone's tried.

I think this also has been discussed here before. I wasn't aware there was an actual message that says "not enough memory"; that's pretty cool!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 10:33:18 AM »
I believe that the Arcade Card Duo doesn't have the system card functionality on it. I'm pretty sure that you only get a white screen on anything other than a Duo.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »

I know a few people have down this, nodtveidt in particular, and I think it works overall. On the other hand, it seems like I recall there being problems when booting it up with a converter.

Only certain converters. The Kisado works fine.