Author Topic: Any good TG16 emulators WITHOUT a time limit?  (Read 752 times)

esteban

Re: Any good TG16 emulators WITHOUT a time limit?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »
Sometimes the "freeloader" mindset online sickens me . . .
Indeed.
  |    | 

esteban

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 01:53:47 PM »
I guess I'll sound like a big loser around here, but I paid for Magic Engine and will buy the FX version once I need to take some PC-FX screenshots.
Yup. My brother registered for ME when it was released. I tried it. It was great. I promptly registered myself. In fact, I credit ME for getting me interested in video games again after a long hiatus.

I will never understand why folks are unwilling to support the community with their own sweat or a few $$$'s. 99% of folks have not contributed anything to the community, yet they feel 100% entitled to complain about everything, especially when they can't get it instantly, with minimal effort, and for free.

Gimmmeee, gimmmeee, gimmmeee.

|    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 02:31:09 PM »
I guess I'll sound like a big loser around here, but I paid for Magic Engine and will buy the FX version once I need to take some PC-FX screenshots.
Yup. My brother registered for ME when it was released. I tried it. It was great. I promptly registered myself. In fact, I credit ME for getting me interested in video games again after a long hiatus.

I will never understand why folks are unwilling to support the community with their own sweat or a few $$$'s. 99% of folks have not contributed anything to the community, yet they feel 100% entitled to complain about everything, especially when they can't get it instantly, with minimal effort, and for free.

Gimmmeee, gimmmeee, gimmmeee.

I can understand choosing not to buy something. But its something else to say that only a sucker would. I don't drink alchohol, smoke cigarettes or do drugs, but I did throw away $15 on Magic Engine.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 02:59:49 PM »
I don't drink alchohol, smoke cigarettes or do drugs, but I did throw away $15 on Magic Engine.

Sounds to me like someone needs to get their priorities straight!

spenoza

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »
I think it's perfectly reasonable for some people to pay $15 for Magic Engine. I just think that value judgement may not be reasonable to some others. Given how functional Ootake is I couldn't see myself paying $15 for Magic Engine, but it is a slick piece of work that I could argue is worth $15. I think it needs some further tweaks and updates and I don't see them happening any time soon, but I could say that about every emulator out there.

I try to see both sides. I can understand wanting something for free. I can't understand insisting you are entitled to something free. Likewise, I can't understand the attitude that people who go out of their way to prefer free software are somehow a burden on society. Heaven forbid I should use Open Office instead of shelling out several hundred for Microsoft Office, even though Open Office perfectly meets my needs at no cost to me.

Interesting how people can be so vehemently judgemental on forums...
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Turbo D

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »
I think that magic engine should have fixed the problems with their emulator before they started selling it. For example, some games play horribly and some don't even play. It is slow and takes up too much resources. Why would anyone want to pay for something like that. I'm not saying I want it for free, I want to avoid it altogether, haha. As far as I know, its the only emulator that costs money anyways. Whats up with that? Its not even finished  :roll:

GUTS

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 03:34:57 PM »
If you don't want to pay for something, do your own f*cking research instead of being so cheap and lazy that you want others to do it for you.  I personally don't care if people pirate stuff, pay for it, or use open source, its the people who feel entitled to free shit but are too f*cking lazy to figure out how to get it on their own that piss me off.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 04:30:49 PM »
I'm not PAYING for an emulator. That is RIDICULOUS. Alot of the best emulators for other systems are ones you don't have to pay for, so there's no reason I should have to pay to use an emulator, no matter what.

You sure have your share of idiotic posts these days...

Keranu

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »
I can understand choosing not to buy something. But its something else to say that only a sucker would. I don't drink alchohol, smoke cigarettes or do drugs, but I did throw away $15 on Magic Engine.
Very good, screw that other crap.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »
why not buy it all  :wink: that way you can smoke a cigarette while drunk and rolling and play your favorite turbo roms on your pc  :lol:

malducci

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 09:18:15 PM »
I'm not PAYING for an emulator. That is RIDICULOUS. Alot of the best emulators for other systems are ones you don't have to pay for, so there's no reason I should have to pay to use an emulator, no matter what.

Riiiight. Because a person's hard work isn't worth shit. How dare they go against the rules and charge for something that other people give away for free? Shame on him for feeling his work was worth something.

I think that magic engine should have fixed the problems with their emulator before they started selling it. For example, some games play horribly and some don't even play. It is slow and takes up too much resources.

What? What hell are you talking about? I've able to run ME 1.0 on my old 833mhz PIII piece of crap laptop at full speed. Also, if a game doesn't play (as long you *are* running a real bios rom and a *good* image or the *real* CD), it's in the *less* than %1 percentile.

The PCE/TG16 community of large, doesn't really support emulation and thus there isn't as big of a demand like with other consoles in the emulation/translation scene. Oh well....

Turbo D

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »
well, I guess you're right. I just heard that it was slow for others on here in another thread. It runs good on my blazing fast p4 2.8 ht from 3 yrs ago, haha. I guess if a game doesn't work good I should search for a better version of the rom or iso. I'm not complaining anymore  :oops:.

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 02:54:26 AM »

You sure have your share of idiotic posts these days...

Oh, you wanna play that game with me, huh?

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 05:47:02 AM »
Sometimes the "freeloader" mindset online sickens me . . .
Indeed.
+1  (greedy f*ckers)

How many f'n threads are needed on this subject?  Using Google and forums search functions must be STUPID AND POINTLESS, but I digress.  Mednafen is accurate but not very user friendly.  Fortunately, there are a couple of recent threads that explained how to get it working.  If this dumb ass could get it to work, then anyone can.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 07:45:10 AM »
I still can't get the cd working, haha. But I did get the roms working. I've been trying to get better at it, but root is so hard for me.