Author Topic: Turbo Games  (Read 601 times)

geise

Turbo Games
« on: September 04, 2007, 02:00:07 AM »
I am surprised no one has mentioned the Valis series.  I loved the Valis series.  Valis II and III were released here in the states and are not that expensive or hard to find.  The voice acting is bad (especially in Valis III) but I love that series.  Valis IV and Phantasm Soldier for the Japanese CD and SCD are very awesome as well.  If you'd like to see what Valis is like you can find a version for MD/Genesis of Valis III.  The Turbo version is the same with more levels and cinemas, but less or no parallax scrolling on some levels.  There used to be a bug in Magic Engine that caused Valis Phantasm Soldier to not play, but it has recently been fixed.  So these games have no problem in Magic Engine.  Also I would suggest like others have in investing  in a Turbo System.  If you're not going to bother with HU Card games find a Japanese Duo-R or RX.  One other way is to get a TG-16 with the CD add on and Super Card system 3.  That way is actually cheaper from what I could find.  Dungeon Explorer II is another one I'd recommend.  I've seen it go for a good deal on ebay but I've also seen it go at a fairly reasonable price as well.  Just depends on the seller and people wanting it at the time I guess.  BTW I'm glad you're enjoying your Turbo games!  :)

geise

Re: Turbo Games
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 02:01:44 AM »
Could a mod please delete this.  This was intended to be a reply to another message, but got posted as a new topic.

Turbo D

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 03:00:42 AM »
haha, It was a good topic none the less  :wink: I really enjoyed the valis games, haha. Especially the  voice acting, haha

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 07:02:12 AM »
Could a mod please delete this.  This was intended to be a reply to another message, but got posted as a new topic.

Mod?  What mod?  We don't need no steenkin mod!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 07:30:48 AM »
Haha! The voice acting is priceless, but nowhere near as great as Final Zone II. That is classic. hehe  :^o

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »
dude, nice signature  :wink:

ceti alpha

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »
dude, nice signature

Thanks man.  :)  The only other game I play besides Turbo stuff and MAME is Armagetron (basically online tron lightcycles). hehe. The |FA| is a dorky clan. Just a bunch of people who know each other and like to chat in the forums. I made that sig about 2 weeks ago for their forums, and I forgot about the |FA| attached to the name when I added it here. hehe. Oh well, an easy fix. hehe

nat

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 08:54:33 AM »
I've seen you on another forum somewhere but I can't place it.

Unless you stole your avatar from someone else.

ceti alpha

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 09:26:48 AM »
Hey! : )

Uhm...let me think where else I post....

Trekweb (of course lol), XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) forums, Fallin-Angels forums...I can't think of anymore though I'm really hungry and can't think straight right now.  ](*,) But aside from Trekweb, this is normally the name I use.

I got the avatar from a t-shirt company. This was one of their shirt designs.  :) I made my signature image on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

Nice to meet you regardless though.  :) 

I think I'll be spending some significant time here. lol

Ceti
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 09:29:53 AM by ceti alpha »

nat

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
Hey! : )

Uhm...let me think where else I post....

Trekweb (of course lol),

It must be TrekWeb. I've been a member there since 2001 and I still read it almost daily but I rarely post anymore since most of the conversation boils down to whining and petty arguments. I find some amount of humor in reading what the whiners have to say about the news tidbits and place bets with myself how quickly a given thread will turn into a flamefest. Your avatar stuck with me because it's.... well, memorable.

I did a Nemesis review on TrekWeb back in '02 when the movie came out. Steve had it posted up on the "home" page for a while.

Keranu

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 12:17:34 PM »
Thanks man.  :)  The only other game I play besides Turbo stuff and MAME is Armagetron (basically online tron lightcycles). hehe. The |FA| is a dorky clan. Just a bunch of people who know each other and like to chat in the forums. I made that sig about 2 weeks ago for their forums, and I forgot about the |FA| attached to the name when I added it here. hehe. Oh well, an easy fix. hehe
Holy crap, another Armagetron player!!!! That game is so much fun! I haven't played it in awhile, but now I'm gonna have to  :mrgreen: !
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 05:59:10 PM »
Haha! The voice acting is priceless, but nowhere near as great as Final Zone II. That is classic. hehe  :^o

Beside being tied with,Last Alert for being terrible and funny at the same time.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ceti alpha

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 07:17:42 PM »
Oh yeah! lol Man some of those voice overs are ridiculous, eh?  :lol: I don't know if I could try and do voice overs as bad as those.

But Nat, I have to agree that the whining in Trekweb is out of control.  :-& Especially now that the new movie is coming out in 2008. People are hating it before they even know what it is about. For shame. heh

And Keranu, come join the Armagetron madness!! hehe. I'm usually in Swampland I or II or G Land. But there's a ton of good servers to choose from.  :D

GUTS

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »
There's a new Star Trek movie?  Does it still have the Next Generation guys?  That would rule.  Hopefully it has TONS of ship to ship battles and fighting.

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 01:39:49 PM »
There's a new Star Trek movie?  Does it still have the Next Generation guys?  That would rule.  Hopefully it has TONS of ship to ship battles and fighting.

No TNG, its a remake of the original franchise being done by JJ Abrams. One of the nerds from Heroes has been cast as Spock and Leonard Nimoy is supposed to also play Spock. So it'll probably be framed like Titanic and Saving Private Ryan with Spock reminiscing about the good ole days before dying at the end of the movie or something.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum