Author Topic: Wanted: USA MINT/Working Fighting Street Disc, Veigues chip  (Read 1088 times)

rag-time4

Wanted: USA MINT/Working Fighting Street Disc, Veigues chip
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:35:51 AM »
My Fighting Street disc is scratched all to hell. I have the case and manual in nice condition, but if anyone has a spare disc for trade I'd be willing to buy or trade for it.

Also, My USA copy of Veigues Tactical Gladiator doesn't work. The case and manual are in nice condition, so I just need a loose TurboChip.

If anyone has either of these and would like to sell or trade, here is my TurboGrafx / PCE trade list:

USA Chips, original jewel case and manual (none have cardboard box) All in very fine- near mint condition
TV Sports football
Sidearms
Dragon Spirit
Galaga '90
Legendary AXE II
R-Type
Super Star Soldier
Splatterhouse
Ninja Spirit

USA Chips, misc
Falcon chip, sleeve, manual
Ninja Spirit chip, original jewel case, NO manual
Dead Moon chip, sleeve, manual
Space Harrier chip, sleeve, manual
Keith Courage chip, manual
Keith Courage chip, manual
Blazing Lazers chip, sleeve

PC-Engine CD
Sidearms Special CD, original jewel case w/ back insert (white tray is sunburned), manual
Kunio Soccer CD, original Jewel case w/ back insert, manual, reg card
Nobunaga-no Yabou Bushoufuunroku (Nobunaga's Ambition Lord of Darkness) CD, original jewel case w/ back insert

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:55:22 AM by rag-time4 »

ceti alpha

Re: Wanted: USA MINT/Working Fighting Street Disc, Veigues chip
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 08:42:46 AM »
I have a disc with no instructions or anything. It's not Mint. There are some surface scratches, but it works.

Let me think about it.  :) I'll let you know soon.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:11:42 AM »
I have a disc with no instructions or anything. It's not Mint. There are some surface scratches, but it works.

Let me think about it.  :) I'll let you know soon.

My Fighting Street disc has problems with badly garbled sound effects and locking up.

How far can you get in the game without having any technical trouble?

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:27:33 AM »
I think that is just how that game was programed  :P

ceti alpha

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »
I think that is just how that game was programed  Razz

hehe  :P

I'll put the game in tonight and see if any problems arise. I really haven't played it that much yet. I just got the Duo recently.  :)

rag-time4

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 11:02:15 AM »
I think that is just how that game was programed  Razz

hehe  :P

I'll put the game in tonight and see if any problems arise. I really haven't played it that much yet. I just got the Duo recently.  :)

I figured you probably hadn't played it much. I think the controls are pretty awkward, so I know it may be a hard game to get into. Hell, Street Fighter 1 is my favorite game (I own a dedicated arcade version!) but even as a fanboy I've only played my copy of Fighting Street for a few hours and I've had it for 6-7 years.

If you want to try to do a trade or sale, please try to get as far into it as you can and let me know if you have any problems with it.

ceti alpha

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »
Haha. I can't even win 1 round against the first dude. lol.

It has bad sound effects and voices but I think that actually is just how the game is programmed. lol

I'll keep at it though and see if I can make it any further. hehe

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 12:05:36 PM »
I think that is just how that game was programed  :P
Hahaha, so true :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
Have you tried getting the disc resurfaced? My 360 wrecked my PSU disc when I played the system for a week on its side, but it was good as new after getting it resurfaced at a local shop.

Coincidentally, I have a spare complete copy of Fighting Street that is also scratched up. I just keep forgetting to get it fixed. If I get it done soon, I'll let you know how it turns out(right now, its less functional than yours).
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »
Yeah, resurfacing is usually between $4-$7. Most non-corporate music or video game trading shops can do this. I go to T-bone Records $4 a pop in my town. It makes your disc look good as new, unlike the disc doctors which work, but leaves an ugly pattern on the disc.

rag-time4

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 04:53:56 AM »

It has bad sound effects and voices but I think that actually is just how the game is programmed. lol

What happens with mine is that after the first fight, the sound effects played when striking an opponent become badly garbled.

I love the sound effects of the game when they sound like they're supposed to, though... but like I said I'm a Street Fighter 1 fanboy  :-"

rag-time4

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 04:57:44 AM »
Have you tried getting the disc resurfaced? My 360 wrecked my PSU disc when I played the system for a week on its side, but it was good as new after getting it resurfaced at a local shop.

Coincidentally, I have a spare complete copy of Fighting Street that is also scratched up. I just keep forgetting to get it fixed. If I get it done soon, I'll let you know how it turns out(right now, its less functional than yours).

I actually haven't tried getting Fighting Street resurfaced.

Mine is so completely trashed that I figured it wouldn't work. The cd doesn't have like 1 or two scratches..... it looks like someone glued it to the bottom of a hockey puck and played street hockey with it. It's scratched all over.

Maybe I'll try it in the next few days.

In the meantime, I'm open to try to work a trade for a nice condition disc.

rag-time4

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 06:12:56 AM »

Ceti, the opponents in Japan and USA are the easier ones to beat. Try Japan.

The second opponent, Geki, cannot block low.

I believe Joe, from USA, also can't block low.

In the arcade version, there is a dip switch setting for the country select screen: 2 or 4. When 2 is selected, the player must choose between USA and Japan when starting a new game. In Fighting Street, it is set to 4, but China and England are very difficult without special moves.

ceti alpha

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 07:47:48 AM »
Cool.  :) Thanks for the tips.

So what happens when you beat the 4 countries? Do other countries appear, or is that the end?

rag-time4

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 07:53:27 AM »
Cool.  :) Thanks for the tips.

So what happens when you beat the 4 countries? Do other countries appear, or is that the end?

When you beat the 8 opponents in the first 4 countries, you travel to the 5th country: "Tailand", where you fight Adon and Sagat.

Yes, "Tailand" is spelled incorrectly in the game, at least in the Arcade version. The two men in charge of Street Fighter 1 went on to design Fatal Fury 1 and 2 and had a typo in Fatal Fury 2 as well (which was ported to the Duo- typo intact  :mrgreen: )