Author Topic: Wanted: USA MINT/Working Fighting Street Disc, Veigues chip  (Read 1089 times)

ceti alpha

Re: Wanted: USA MINT/Working Fighting Street Disc, Veigues chip
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 08:59:16 AM »
Yes, "Tailand" is spelled incorrectly in the game, at least in the Arcade version. The two men in charge of Street Fighter 1 went on to design Fatal Fury 1 and 2 and had a typo in Fatal Fury 2 as well (which was ported to the Duo- typo intact  Mr. Green )

Hehe. Well those typos are in good company with many of the NEC games.  :lol:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
Here's a pic of my Fighting Street locking up on me... I just got back from having the disc buffed and while audio track 3 (country select music) will play on my car CD player, that track does still skip and the game locks up when I try to play.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa230/lioncub4/bigorder001.jpg

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 09:38:58 AM by rag-time4 »

ceti alpha

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 10:20:58 AM »
:( Crappy. Was worth a shot though. By the way, is that a model/toy of a Battledroid or Mech by your TV?

ceti alpha

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 11:19:37 AM »
Well, Mike is as hard as I remember him in the arcade version.  #-o hehe. By the way, does he say, "HAHAHA, I'm sorry?" when he beats you? I really get a kick out of the voice samples in this game. The voice sample when you beat your opponent is priceless. It's the worst mumbling I've ever heard.

I've played at least one level on each of the countries. 2 levels in China and 2 levels in USA. So far no lock ups or anything. But I'll keep at it. heh. I'm actually starting to enjoy this game.  :-k hehe

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »
Hold the disc up into a bright ass light label side facing the light while looking from bottom. If you see any little holes in the shiny silver/label, then you can't do a damn thing. If not, then just keep resurfacing, it should be fine.

rag-time4

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 07:38:46 PM »
:( Crappy. Was worth a shot though. By the way, is that a model/toy of a Battledroid or Mech by your TV?

Here is a live action shot of the robot protecting my video games:

My games are guarded by ED-209 from the movie Robocop. That's right.... don't get too close to my stuff without asking!  :twisted:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:25:58 AM by rag-time4 »

rag-time4

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 07:47:48 PM »
Well, Mike is as hard as I remember him in the arcade version.  #-o hehe. By the way, does he say, "HAHAHA, I'm sorry?" when he beats you? I really get a kick out of the voice samples in this game. The voice sample when you beat your opponent is priceless. It's the worst mumbling I've ever heard.

I've played at least one level on each of the countries. 2 levels in China and 2 levels in USA. So far no lock ups or anything. But I'll keep at it. heh. I'm actually starting to enjoy this game.  :-k hehe

I think you are hearing Mike's voice sample correctly.

You know, in the Arcade, he's probably the easiest character to beat if you don't mind cheating by using an A.I. exploit..... as long as you hit him first. All you have to do is hit him first or have more life than him, then back up as far as you can. Just block low (defensive crouch) and he won't be able to hit you. In Fighting Street, his low punch is unblockable.

If you're having fun with Fighting Street, you might get a kick out of a couple reviews I've done on gamefaqs for it, for the Arcade original and for the PS2 version found on Capcom Classics Collection vol. 2:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/63311.html?type=4

ceti alpha

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »
Cool review.  :D

It's so true about how secret the moves were for Street Fighter. Not many people knew how to pull off all the moves.  A friend was telling me a couple days ago that the arcade version had/has touch sensitive foam buttons. Crazy.

rag-time4

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 10:41:26 PM »
Cool review.  :D

It's so true about how secret the moves were for Street Fighter. Not many people knew how to pull off all the moves.  A friend was telling me a couple days ago that the arcade version had/has touch sensitive foam buttons. Crazy.

Do you want to see what the innards of those buttons look like? I actually have a set of the 2-button controls for Street Fighter 1 in a box... My arcade machine has been converted to a six button setup but I would like to revert it to a 2 button setup.... I need the air hoses to connect the buttons to the PCB.

I only played the 2 button version once as a kid... and I wasn't strong enough (i was born in 1980) to get anything but jab punches and short kicks.

You have to hit the buttons and the game will give you an on-screen attack based on how hard the button was hit.

That's why Fighting Street has the brick breaking bonus stage... which seems really retarded and difficult...

In the 2 button arcade version, you had to hit the button pretty hard to get a fierce punch.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 11:59:08 PM by rag-time4 »

ceti alpha

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 07:12:18 AM »
Cool  :) So you're a SF 1 purist. You have to have the 2 button controls. Neat. hehe  8) I'd love to see what they look like.  :)

rag-time4

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 10:09:15 AM »
Cool  :) So you're a SF 1 purist. You have to have the 2 button controls. Neat. hehe  8) I'd love to see what they look like.  :)

Here is the top view... the sticker/paint work around the joysticks is worn away

Here is what looks to be the spot where you need to attach the air hose. When you press the button, you can feel air being pushed out through the opening. Note that the button is spring loaded. The white plastic part is solid and is a housing for the moving parts of the button.

Finally, here is a bottom view. There is also a hole here that you can feel air coming out of. However, this may be just an auxiliary air release to prevent overload (it's the middle of the five hole group)

In the future, I'd like to have 1 6 button machine and 1 2 button  :-({|=
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:10:53 AM by rag-time4 »

Turbo D

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »
WTF? those buttons are crazy! I never heard of such a thing  :o

ceti alpha

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 10:15:49 AM »
Cool!!  :D

Can I come over and play some SF? lol

Re: "Battletech Droid" - Ah, so it's the ED-209. lol. Cool.

rag-time4

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 10:25:52 AM »
Cool!!  :D

Can I come over and play some SF? lol

My machine is in my dad's garage (I'm in an apt) so the best SF 1 action at my place will be on PS2 on capcom classics vol 2.

WTF? those buttons are crazy! I never heard of such a thing  :o

You can see now why it was a difficult game to port to the PC-Engine / TurboGrafx CD. If you'd like to play SF 1 with easy to master controls I'd recommend the 6 button port on Capcom Classics Collection vol. 2 for PS2. You just have to get used to the fact that in SF 1 the buttons work only when released, not when pressed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:27:34 AM by rag-time4 »

rag-time4

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 10:28:57 AM »

Please put down your D-pad. You have twenty seconds to comply....